Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
eyeball : brain :: mind : universe
    #3616027 - 01/12/05 01:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

did you catch that? breakdown:

you got an eyeball, right? and it is connected to the brain by virtue of the optic nerve. and where the optic nerve is attached, there's a blind spot. Right? everyone with me so far?

so, picture (asking you to do the impossible) a mind, floating like an eyeball near the hulking universe (brain). if it's safe to assume that there is some connection between our minds and The Universe, then perhaps where it attaches to the mind, there is a blind spot.

is this attachment also a way of gaining direct access to the interior of the universe?

before we go any further, please read the post again, substituting various words and phrases which may appeal more to you for my use of the word 'universe'. some suggestions: the Great Other, God, the Mystery, the Collective Unconscious, the Overmind, etc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3616081 - 01/12/05 01:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

so....

helen keller is god?

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3616103 - 01/12/05 01:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know, but I propose an additional topic for this thread:

You have a blob with a big brain floating in outerspace maintaining its aliveness through solar energy alone (cause it can). This blob can't see hear, or do anything except for the things a tree can do. It doesn't experience contact with many things other than light waves and the occasional gassy atoms. Is this blob with this big brain experiencing something? YES but it would have a totally fucked up dreamy tripped out (we'll say it's on DMT most of the time) perspective. Now, is its perspective more or less valid than ours? There's no option C. Value judgement or go hom.e

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3616140 - 01/12/05 01:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

validity... sweet. its perspective is less valid than ours. no wait---I mean more. damn

wait a sec, what does that have to do with eyeball : brain :: mind : universe?

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3616189 - 01/12/05 01:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it's about reality... and stuff??

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3616212 - 01/12/05 01:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ok, right. I like thinking about scales, like of distance for example, and scales of being conscious too. Like am I something's pet, just like I have a pet turtle? how aware of me is Myrtle, and what am I aware of to whatever degree Myrtle is aware of me? if anything? like what are dreams man?

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3616244 - 01/12/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh dude, ever ponder the metaphorical signifigance of the tsunami? That wave is the destructive force generated by the discrepancies between two factions of the foundational layer of our planet. The modern economical system is like a natural one in that it is uncontrollable, uncontained, unpredictable, but not invincible. The wave is the physical manifestation of the psychic energy output building around the rift, the discrepancy, between two huge factions of the global economy. When the rich and poor balance out, you know dead bodies are on their way, but there's gonna be some good surfin' if you can paddle hard enough.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3616274 - 01/12/05 01:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ever try surfing on a dead body? it's a rush man, the ultimate rush

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #3616390 - 01/12/05 02:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this was not written, in intent of posting it here, but it seem fit,through my eyes :wink:

The eye of the universes is seen through the mind of your brain, meaning; whit your eyes, you let in the light, from this world.  Reflected by whatever objects you see, the mind of your brain interpret light, within, all of your existence.
Allying the beliefs and knowledge (memes), you individually might have in mind. 

Loosing something on the ground, some times, it is easier to rediscover what you lost by not looking for it. Say the ground was small rocks in different colours, and you lost a small bolt.
Looking for the bolt, you might find nothing, looking for the small rocks in different colours; you might contrast out the little bolt, finding it whit ease.

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Gomp]
    #3616418 - 01/12/05 02:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

the thing about the eyeball-mind floating near the universe and attached to it (by way of an invisible silver cord?) is pretty good, I mean the eyeball metaphor is good. because the eyeball is there so it can turn around and perceive the universe. the universe grew eyeballs 'on purpose' so that it could look at itself. maybe if you take all the people on earth, take all their individual experiential situations, and averaged them all out, you'd get a piture of what the universe is like.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3616445 - 01/12/05 02:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what eyes do one see through whilst dreaming?
:confused: :thumbup: :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Gomp]
    #3616455 - 01/12/05 02:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

3rd eye maybe, or the 'minds eye'

InvisibleSomaism
The Outlaw
 User Gallery

Loc: Illusion
    #3616706 - 01/12/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Every view point is utterly relative.

Meaning what you compare something with.

Like comparing apples and oranges smilie.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Somaism]
    #3617083 - 01/12/05 08:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

id say, the same one :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3617152 - 01/12/05 08:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Just wanted to say this whole thread has been enjoyable to read through.  :smile:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3617539 - 01/12/05 11:13 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't think this thread has any validity because the eyeball's blind spot (at the back of the eye) is just a point on the eye without any receptors. The "blind spot" isn't special in any way. It's not like we can't see something because of that blind spot. Light doesn't touch that blind spot. It's all about the lense.

But I can see where you were going with that.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: freddurgan]
    #3617959 - 01/12/05 12:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

OMG what a load of donkey droppings, can i push somebodies face into this pile of feicies you call a topic.

But dont blame me, im just an eyeball floating though outer space, exploring strange new worlds, seeking new life and new civilisations, boldly going where no eyeball has gone before.

dum diddy dum diddy dum, dum diddy dum dum dum dum diddy dum.

:crazy: :grin: :laugh: :cool: :eek: :evil: :crazy2: :rocket:  :mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: freddurgan]
    #3618757 - 01/12/05 02:57 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
I don't think this thread has any validity because the eyeball's blind spot (at the back of the eye) is just a point on the eye without any receptors. The "blind spot" isn't special in any way.

the blind spot itself isn't special, but the nifty special thing is, the mind 'fills it in' by averaging out the surrounding background. that part of our field of vision which has no receptors, what we see there is made of nothing... or made of something, but what?

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: Sinbad]
    #3618762 - 01/12/05 02:58 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I must have missed the posting notice where you were appointed the forum judge to decide for all of us what is topic worthy and what is not for us. I would think first to qualify, you would have to know everyone who reads to the extent of their inner spiritual, philosophical and religious interests. Do You?

Name just 3 other members who read and post only in S&P and tell me what they come here looking for.

Did you really expect for a forum that gets over 300 member visits a month to post as brilliantly and topic worthy as yourself?

Indeed most of us are not worthy of your presence here, oh the shame and humility of it all I humbly bow to you oh wise and worthy sinbad.

But, to keep this reply on topic, I will ask you with what eye, did you notice the donkey dung before anyone else did? Could it be that the jackass who smelt it dealt it?

Zeke and all who posted here, pay no attention to mule, man mule I mean man behind the curtain, he knows not what he sees for one mans dung is anothers delight and shroom fertilizer.

See like how dung fertilizes shrooms so people can trip out on trippy thoughts, so does verbal dung. To come here and find this little gem of a post was a treat for this day tripper today. To find people cruising along thought streams, sharing the same far out analogy, caught up in the synergy of creative exploration through symbols was quite enjoyable to read through and experience vicariously for me.

I hope people keep posting and sharing like this despite your lack of appreciation or consideration for the style of free form thought flowing.

I personally think it really sucks, when someone acts to discourage others from posting their thoughts because the variety and diversity here lessons and soon it will all be the same stuff.

The wide diversity here and flexibility of minds that can go this way and that to strech and get their mental workouts is what makes this one of the most dynamic and enthralling forums on the Internet.

It's not like there is limited posting space here or anything. There is room for it all and everyone to express, share and question, even for you to express your dissatisfaction with this post.

Your problem is simple to solve. Create posts about topics that are worthy of your time and energy then discuss them with those who are interested. Simple, problem solved.

There is no rule that says you have to read and write in other peoples posts unless, I missed that notice memo too. :confused:

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: eyeball : brain :: mind : universe [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3618811 - 01/12/05 03:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

no, you don't understand, Sinbad is the BEST. EVER.

I love you, Sinbad. Thank you for your careful and well-thought-out criticism. I'm awfully sorry I wasted your time by not being perfect

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag