Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJuggles
old hand
Loc: Massachusetts
Would this work?
    #360984 - 07/25/01 09:36 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In the sea of shrooms tek it says that to double loads when casing one can cut the cakes in half vertically because this opens up a whole other side for mushrooms to sprout off of. Would this work with the regular PF tek? Could I just cut the cakes in half vertically when I birth them and increase (maybe not double, but increase) my output?

--------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know the muffin man?
The muffin man?
The muffin man!
Yes, I know the muffin man... Who lives on strawberry lane?

--------------------
---
If sometimes you feel yourself little, useless, and depressed, always remember that you were once the fastest and most victorious sperm out of hundreds of millions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: Would this work? [Re: Juggles]
    #361008 - 07/25/01 10:30 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

it will work. whether or not it works better is up to youre capabilities

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: Would this work? [Re: aluminum_can]
    #361223 - 07/26/01 07:36 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

the longevity and yeild of a cake seems to be relative to mycelial mass. I would guess that cutting the cake in half and fruiting them as 2 separate cakes would produce smaller flushes as well as fewer flushes. In the end I'd bet the yeild would be equal if not less than that of a whole cake. I'm just guessing on this one but it makes sense because each half has less nutrients and less moisture to sustain a flush than that of a whole cake. If you try it let us know how it turns out.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Would this work? [Re: Juggles]
    #361566 - 07/26/01 07:37 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Apparently that is true - maybe you could get the cake and crumple it completely in a zip lock baggie then case it...

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix