Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: Phred]
    #3609330 - 01/10/05 06:32 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
Quote:

Why was I given a warning for saying "I will cry tears of joy if there is another 9-11,"

You'll have to ask whoever it was that gave you that warning.
Were you banned for making that comment? No, you weren't.

Pinky, I believe he got a 3 day ban over that comment, I dont believe you were the one that requested it, I'll go check but I do distinctly remember a big issue
regarding it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: zahudulallah]
    #3609376 - 01/10/05 06:41 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I ask again -- were you banned for making that comment? No, you weren't. Since you weren't banned for making that comment, it is bullshit to say people will likely be banned for making such comments.

We're not discussing your banning here. At least I'm not. What we're discussing is your false accusation about banning in the PA&L forum. You made an unfounded accusation with no supporting facts. I called you on it. This has gone on far longer than it should have. It's obvious you won't retract your false accusation, you prefer to dwell on a perceived past injustice. I say again this is not the thread in which to tear the scab off that old wound.

Get back to the topic of this thread, please.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3609530 - 01/10/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

So, because I make some obscure comment, which I clarified once for you already, Innvertigo is given clemency?

Question: Is hate speech/negative instigation allowed at the Shroomery?

You know as well as I that it is not.

Fact: I was objugated by the moderators, in particular Rono, for a comment I made regarding 9-11. I was banned for a few days, the reason stated was "negative instigation and puppets,", the puppet being a last minute incident that prompted decisiveness. Before that, I was definately being processed by the forum for apparent hate speech.

However, in this particular incident with comments made by Innvertigo -- you refuse to enforce the rules which were applied to me. So, why were these rules applied to me THEN, but are not being applied to Innvertigo NOW? THAT is the point, which you keep dodging by nit picking some vague comment I made that needed some elaboration to reveal the SATIRE of the comment itself; which doesn't eliminate the fact that rules enforced on me are not being enforced on others.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3609531 - 01/10/05 07:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

there was serious discussion regarding his comments and actions, that particular thread did have the hounds on his heels, another moderator and myself fought
for his reprieve from the ban and aparently got his stay of excecution, it was
the creation of a puppet a couple of days before that ultimately got him the ban

I'm sorry pinky, I was mistaken.

OfflineJacquesSauniere
mr
Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #3611328 - 01/11/05 02:40 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

pinky just say you are incorrect and apologise to the dude

now can we make peace and not war folks?

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: JacquesSauniere]
    #3611606 - 01/11/05 06:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Zahid, you weren't banned for making that comment in the PA&L forum, you were banned for puppetry. It is true that there was considerable discussion about your posting style among the administration. You later admitted that your whole "angry jihadist" schtick was nothing more than a facade -- a deliberately designed "sociology experiment" with the intended goal of goading people into losing their cool. In other words, by your own admission you weren't expressing your real opinions anyway, you were just getting a kick out of dicking around with people's heads.

And you will note that even with all your carefully-planned (by your own public admission) inflammatory actions, you still weren't banned for them. You were banned for puppetry. You weren't banned for what you said, or even for the deliberately provocative hate-filled way in which you repeatedly and systematically said those things, you were banned for breaking one of the most commonly-enforced Shroomery regulations.

Your self-righteous martyr pretense in this thread is hypocritical and tiresome. You got away with a lot worse statements for a lot longer than Innvertigo's single comment. If you hadn't been banned for puppetry you might never have been banned at all -- as Prisoner#1 points out there were a couple of devil's advocates of unlimited "free speech" involved in the administrative review of your little experiment.

The point I was making is that for you to claim that people will likely be banned in the PA&L forum for making statements the moderators of the forum disagree with is a bullshit accusation. No one in the PA&L forum has ever been banned for doing this. Not even you. And you KNOW this is the case.

I want a retraction from you. If you're too small a man to offer one, then the least you can do is to either address the topic of this thread or stop posting in it.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

#3613556 - 01/11/05 04:01 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Mecca isn't going to be Nuked. That article says it was a threat given to Osama Bin Laden. Bin Laden is a religous fundamentalist who is probably gullable enough to believe it. If he believes in Islam, he'll probably believe in just about anything, like Santa Clause and the tooth fairy.

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Loc: Tejas
Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3614499 - 01/11/05 07:46 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It would be cool to get back on topic. Shall I try and focus it?

Terrorism as entertainment... Americans (especially) seem to thirst for shit like that. I don't see how using 911 or past wars as entertainment is any different from displaying FAKE terrorist events for entertainment (Speed, Swordfish, True Lies, Collateral Damage).

And then if we don't satisfy our entertainment craving with the big screen, we take our Big Screen Deities and stick them in the political arena! Enter Jessy Ventura and Big Arnold (See the young Gov'nor partaking in the good smoke: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/arniepothead.html )

Of course if you really want to get into it...I say 9/11 was a big show anyway. That's right, get ready for some conspiracy theory. Just head over to these links and educate! I don't mean any disrespect to those that died and the families of those that did, it is a horribly sad event. It just enrages me at what the truth actually means for America and its people.

a quick flash presentation about the pentagon attack (and how it wasn't a commercial airline): http://killsometime.com/humor/humor.asp?humor=Pentagon-911-Conspiracy#Main

An informative posting that lets us know how it was impossible for the towers to fall with a simple plane crash and fire!: http://www.thepowerhour.com/911_analysis/laws-of-physics.htm

There is more too, if you wish to see it.

--------------------
Free Laws: Things to understand before I am Free

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing
3. I must actualize myself
4. Sex is a tool for pleasure, not status
5. Dependency restricts me
6. Emotions are dangerous if not administered properly

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: FreeLaws1_6]
    #3614553 - 01/11/05 08:02 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Terrorism as entertainment... Americans (especially) seem to thirst for shit like that. I don't see how using 911 or past wars as entertainment is any different from displaying FAKE terrorist events for entertainment (Speed, Swordfish, True Lies, Collateral Damage).

There is a difference between using terrorism as a topic pre 9-11 and using 9-11 itself in entertainment now. Nobody has hijacked a bus with a bomb that will explode if it goes below 55 MPH. Young Arab males did hijack planes and kill people. To use an idea that did not happen does not bother me. But to use 9-11 or closely related or quite realistic topics(FX's "Smallpox" or the other recent movie where Muslim extremists took over a nuclear power plant) is wrong in my opinion because 9-11 really did happen. People really did die. 9-11 didn't happen 40 years ago. It happened only three years ago. It is still too fresh to use it as inspiration for entertainment.

Of course if you really want to get into it...I say 9/11 was a big show anyway. That's right, get ready for some conspiracy theory. Just head over to these links and educate! I don't mean any disrespect to those that died and the families of those that did, it is a horribly sad event. It just enrages me at what the truth actually means for America and its people.

a quick flash presentation about the pentagon attack (and how it wasn't a commercial airline): http://killsometime.com/humor/humor.asp?humor=Pentagon-911-Conspiracy#Main

An informative posting that lets us know how it was impossible for the towers to fall with a simple plane crash and fire!: http://www.thepowerhour.com/911_analysis/laws-of-physics.htm

Pretty much every 9-11 conspiracy theory has been thoroughly debunked in this fourm.

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

Re: Terrorism as entertainment [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #3614730 - 01/11/05 08:49 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

RandalFlagg said:
There is a difference between using terrorism as a topic pre 9-11 and using 9-11 itself in entertainment now. Nobody has hijacked a bus with a bomb that will explode if it goes below 55 MPH. Young Arab males did hijack planes and kill people. To use an idea that did not happen does not bother me. But to use 9-11 or closely related or quite realistic topics(FX's "Smallpox" or the other recent movie where Muslim extremists took over a nuclear power plant) is wrong in my opinion because 9-11 really did happen. People really did die. 9-11 didn't happen 40 years ago. It happened only three years ago. It is still too fresh to use it as inspiration for entertainment.

I have to disagree I'm afraid. It is simply arbitrary that someone hasn't high jacked a bus and put a bomb on it set to explode below 55 mph. There have been plenty of Car/truck bombs, isn't that "closely related or quite realistic"? As far as using Muslim extremist in this show you are referring to, how do you know they aren't referring to the many other terrorist attacks that have happened before 9/11 (which happened of course more than 3 years ago- how long should we wait before it is appropriate to use the event?). I've never seen the show so perhaps they specifically mention the Muslim and how they relate to the 9/11 attack...

Of course I think it is kind of silly to even have such a censor/limitation (and so does the creators of the statement "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech." ~Constitutional Amendment numero Uno!)

And finally, it is important to question your statement "It happened only three years ago. It is still too fresh to use it as inspiration for entertainment". I cannot think of the exact disorder unfortunately (I was trying to find it in a text book I have but no luck- maybe someone can help me.) however, there is an allotted span of time, I believe a year (two at most) that is given for mourning a tragedy- any more is diagnosable. This is according to the DSM-IV (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual which of course Diagnoses Mental Disorders).

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

OfflineFreeLaws1_6
No Hippy Here

#3614833 - 01/11/05 09:15 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Oh, and I seriously doubt that one can disprove the 9/11 theories. I suggest you really look into it. Just check out those sites I posted...I'll put them again. It's pretty scary. Just have an open mind and check it out- you are only risking further understanding of the situation.

Sigh... I just CANNOT be content when I remember that people just want things to be Happy and Patriotic. If other governments can be corrupt enough to kill their own citizens and blow up their own buildings...why is the US exempt? Bush is still weak to money and power...(here's a good one of our Mature Commander 'n' chief: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/bushuncensored.html oh and here he is again: http://www.ebaumsworld.com/gwbushdrunk.html - Damn Idiot)

The Flash presentation about the Pentagon: http://killsometime.com/humor/humor.asp?humor=Pentagon-911-Conspiracy#Main

The PHYSICAL ANALYSIS OF THE WTC BUILDINGS: http://www.thepowerhour.com/911_analysis/laws-of-physics.htm

Please look into this stuff if you haven't already. Also look into the patriot act (and its successor the patriot act 2)!
http://infowars.com/print/patriot_act/alexs_analysis.htm

"If you want a clear picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face- forever." ~George Orwell, 1984

--------------------

1. I am alone
2. There is Nothing

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#3614889 - 01/11/05 09:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

FreeLaws1_6 writes:

"Oh, and I seriously doubt that one can disprove the 9/11 theories."

You are of course free to believe that. I realize you are new to this forum so you haven't seen the countless posts in countless threads with links to countless sites which do disprove them. The Pentagon was hit by one of the hijacked airliners. That can no longer be disputed by rational humans. There's just far too much evidence -- physical evidence -- proving it and no evidence whatsoever against it.

Same with the two towers collapsing. This was witnessed by millions, for crying out loud.

We have "looked into this stuff". Repeatedly. It's bunk. I suggest you look into some of the previous posts on these topics. If you are an open-minded person with no prior agenda you too will be convinced.

pinky

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3615145 - 01/11/05 10:08 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

It is simply arbitrary that someone hasn't high jacked a bus and put a bomb on it set to explode below 55 mph. There have been plenty of Car/truck bombs, isn't that "closely related or quite realistic"?

The 9-11 attacks were not a normal event. It was a very real, tragic, and horrific occurrence which Americans have not forgotten. So many people died and it was such a massive and terrible act that I think that the subject is still a sore spot for many Americans. I know it is for me.

"It happened only three years ago. It is still too fresh to use it as inspiration for entertainment". I cannot think of the exact disorder unfortunately (I was trying to find it in a text book I have but no luck- maybe someone can help me.) however, there is an allotted span of time, I believe a year (two at most) that is given for mourning a tragedy- any more is diagnosable. This is according to the DSM-IV (the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual which of course Diagnoses Mental Disorders).

how long should we wait before it is appropriate to use the event?).

I don't care what the DSM-IV says. I am going by my own opinion.

For something as huge, extreme, and tragic as 9-11, I would prefer it if people waited at least twenty years before using it in entertainment.

Of course I think it is kind of silly to even have such a censor/limitation (and so does the creators of the statement "Congress shall make no law...abridging the freedom of speech." ~Constitutional Amendment numero Uno!)

Of course it is perfectly legal to use the images or memories of 9-11 in anything that you wish. I never said that should be censored. I just think it is distasteful. I, as a consumer, have the right to avoid entertainment that uses the 9-11 attacks as entertainment or inspiration for entertainment.

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #3615226 - 01/11/05 10:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Sigh... I just CANNOT be content when I remember that people just want things to be Happy and Patriotic.

Nothing is wrong with being happy and nothing is wrong with loving your country. Some people seem to think that if you have the second characteristic that you are immediately a brainwashed and idiotic nationalist.

If other governments can be corrupt enough to kill their own citizens and blow up their own buildings...why is the US exempt?

The U.S. is a democracy that recognizes the rule of law. However, I might add that nothing(no matter how well-intentioned) is perfect.

The U.S. federal government is not infallible. I disagree vehemently with some of its foreign and domestic policies.

It is possible to be a free-thinker, disagree with some of your government's policies, maintain skepticism, try to change things, and still care about and support your country and fellow citizens.

Bush is still weak to money and power...

I don't think Bush is weak with money and power. I think he surrounds himself with bad advisors and he makes bad decisions...big difference.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom