Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Long-term physiological consequences
    #3615020 - 01/11/05 11:51 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Hi everyone

I like to consider myself pretty educated about the effects of mushrooms. I have only tried them about ten times but my question is simple.

Are there any known long-term adverse events? Specifically does any research show that there may be receptor damage or mutation as a result from long-term exposure, repeated use or high dosage. There is not a lot of scientific research devoted to this, most is on short-term effects. HPPD is a condition that I really only see stemming from LSD use and possibly Mescaline (and therefore maybe Peyote), but I just haven't really seen any reports of this from mushrooms. I am curious if anyone can point me to some valid research that would indicate there are negative long-term effects. Obviously this might not be the best place to post this since we all do shrooms, but I am looking for an un-biased report. Even the DEA web-site doesn't indicate any long-term health risks associated with this drug. Keep on trippin

Edited by GreenOsiris (01/11/05 11:53 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #3615257 - 01/12/05 12:22 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i think this is what your looking for:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms_health1.pdf
i read it a long time ago. i think to sum it up there is no dependency/bodily risks. the only thing you are at risk with is a bad trip. i could be very wrong, summarize it up in this post if you decide to read it please.

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: JTHM]
    #3616472 - 01/12/05 04:42 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah I have read that report. I just like to find as many sources as possible when it comes to research. Thank you for the link though it is a good reference. You were correct about that particular report although it does make mention of flashbacks as being the worst possible outcome.

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Loc: U.K.
    #3617327 - 01/12/05 12:03 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I`ve had about 10  body-high flashbacks.

On one trip I had this weird feeling i was liquid and liquid was comming out my nose and ears but not like a runny nose, it wasn`t actualy wet ect, wasn`t a bad feeling just weird.
Had flashbacks of that about 10 times since, only lasted about 10-20secs each at most and no visuals :smile:
They got less and less frequent and now i dont get em at all, roughly 2 weeks later :smile:

Also in darkness when theres an LED like the counter on my video and i move my eyes/head it leaves tracer.... To be honest though, I think its allways been like that and for everyone but since tripping and my mind being opened it seems to have detuned my mind to these things which for a normal person wouldn`t be noticable :smile:
This has also got less and less intence, its still there but just not so in my face.... shame :frown:

Anyone else had any of the above?

--------------------
Spotted dowhaters shpongled trollywognogs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Go on! Make a sentance I dare ya! eheheh
If you like UO www.novusopiate.com

Edited by Zirus666 (01/12/05 12:07 PM)

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
    #3617488 - 01/12/05 12:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

a while back i started having something fucked up happen to me.if i trip on shrooms ,smoke dmt or indulge in any other type of tryp and i come to this dramatic realization about anything ,i start to hear a sound like rushing water in my ears and within 2-3 seconds i have a very painful head rush.i'm not sure what to think about it.one night it kept happening for at least 30 min.i think i may have had a mild stroke.a few days later i noticed that one of my eyes is lazy now.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3617567 - 01/12/05 01:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Jesus.... Ya seen a doc about it man?
I`ve never heard of anythbing like that b4....

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: skullfarmer1979]
    #3617574 - 01/12/05 01:19 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What the fuck? Have you seen a doctor? That sounds pretty bad. Do you do any other drugs besides the ones listed?

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineZirus666
Shpongled.

Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: freddurgan]
    #3617587 - 01/12/05 01:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

All my m8s all say they get a "Whooshy head" for a few weeks after taking MDMA now and they have all quit because of it, have you done any xtc recently?.... maybe im grasping at straws but it sounds similar.

--------------------

Offlinerdnp2035
Stranger

Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: Zirus666]
    #3617736 - 01/12/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

There is a chance you will an loose an eye.

HPPD is associated with long term frequent use. While there must be special cases of particuarly sensitive people, most individuals' patterns of psychedelic use are mild comparitived to the use by those who are forever tripped out. That is, if you are tripping once or twice or a few times a year or whatever, you don't have to worry about it. A few lasting tracers at most.

There are very minimal physical risks outside of extreme abuse. It is more relevent to be concerned about freaking yourself out. If you go farther out than you expected, you might think that all sorts of bad things are happening. But this is an unlikely situation for a begenner unless you crudely overdose, because most of going a distance is allowing yourself to drift..and you wont if you're not ready. So, just keep it cool and take your time.

Edited by rdnp2035 (01/12/05 03:43 PM)

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #3620623 - 01/12/05 10:43 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms and other psychedelics have made a very positive impact on my physiological and psychological health. I have broken many unhealthy habits from heroin to meat because of insight gained from over 20 years of use.
The list of benefits for me is very long. From experiencing more joy in life to improving my focus and energy enough to be working on a PhD.

Used properly by the right person, psychedelics can be one of the healthiest choices because of the insight available.

:tongue2:

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Offlineskullfarmer1979
shamanator
Loc: Bum Fuck, Egypt
Re: Long-term physiological consequences [Re: Zirus666]
    #3622902 - 01/13/05 12:45 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

sorry it took so long to reply.it started one night while i was trippin on shrooms.i had just moved to a new apt and i prepared a room just for tripping in.i ate about 4 grams and was coming to a peak.i looked up and scanned around the room and something caught my eye on the ceiling that the blacklight picked up.there were little stars in one corner that came out toward the center of the room and stopped.i looked in the opposite corner and saw 1 star in the far corner.at that moment i linked my mind to the persons mind that lived there before me and i knew what they were thinking when they placed that 1 star in that far corner.about 2-3 seconds later i experienced the painful head rush i'm talking about.i just closed my eyes and sit there for a few seconds till it went away.that trip lasted 8 hours until i finally puked and i rapidly came down went asleep soon afterwards.i have never tripped on shrooms that long before.
in that period of my life i was only tripping on shrooms.i couldn't take anything else because of a random drug test.
i need to see a doc but if i tell him the truth he's gonna be like "well ,you better stop trippin or your brains gonna explode one day."
over on the bluelight i had a thread about this and a few had the same head rush thing happen to them.they said it was caused by low blood sugar.now when i trip i drink mountian dew instead of water and this helps i guess.i haven't been having them as much. i plan on seeing a doc in the next few months and i think i'm gonna bring it up,i just wont mention the shrooms.

--------------------
I TASTE THE WREAKAGE OF CRUMBLING FACES,I KNOW THE PALE THING IN THE DARKEST OF PLACES. -DAX RIGGS-

get the most out of life,listen to ACID BATH!!!!

Edited by skullfarmer1979 (01/13/05 12:47 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience