Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Still scared of tripping
    #3613407 - 01/11/05 03:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Heres the deal. Couple of months back I had a bad trip, managed to ride it out thanks to the Shroomery :thumbup: and the Beatles. Now, I absolutely LOVE tripping, but ever since my bad trip I have been scared of it. My parents are going away for a week in feb, and i'm planning on having a trip then. I hate having these doubtful thoughts whenever I think about tripping, I just wanna trip like the times before the bad one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Thin White Duke]
    #3613424 - 01/11/05 03:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Its all in your head amnnnn, try meditating on positive vibes and opening loving aspects of yourself to the experience.  You will reach a sense of clarity.  When you achieve this, indulge in the psychedlic wonderment of the mushie/thepuddle/the sage...what ever your niche might be :wink:

But yeah try meditataing before hand

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: AbstractHarmonix]
    #3613443 - 01/11/05 03:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, be scared!!  It's good for you.  I've tripped close to 40 times now and I still get scared every time, EVERY time.  Especially when I just finish ingesting them.  That period of 10-15 minutes is the worst.  What I usually do is put in The Orb's U.F.Orb and just lay down and chill, think about what you want to accomplish with this trip, what music do you want to listen to, that sort of thing.  Be grateful that you are tripping, because not everyone gets to do it.

The minute I stop respecting and fearing the psychedelic I'm taking, that's when I know I'm done tripping.  Thankfully that hasn't happened yet. 

So have fun and make sure to play some Ozric Tentacles.  :smile:

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #3613472 - 01/11/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thats exactly when I get scared. As soon as I ingest the last one I start thinking 'too late to go back' and other things like that. Does anybody else get scared (little or a lot) whenever they eat shrooms?

InvisibleAbstractHarmonix
Love is like a train...
Female

Loc: The Sea
    #3613492 - 01/11/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I dont get scared really.  When I am puttin psychedelics in my mouth, I normally have a HUGE smile, and someone there with me :smile:

--------------------
A plethora of music aspirations control my temptations of future revelations beyond "now". The percussion, and the heart beat of my love and devotion. The rhythm goes beyond, prying into the third eye, releasing the creativity held so far inside. The melodicies, through the out of tune pianos and broken classical guitars...there lies a beauty. A beauty as prevelent as the fire inside. To release these energies is pure ecstacy, to deveop these gifts is sacred. The vocality, so pure as can be, shying away from herself, lies within me. For the underlying serenitity, this is what I live for. I plea for harmony, and nothing more. Music equals love. Creation of love leads to the procreativity of the World, and it's spirals and puddles prevailing.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

#3613516 - 01/11/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Phumfeinz said:
Thats exactly when I get scared. As soon as I ingest the last one I start thinking 'too late to go back' and other things like that. Does anybody else get scared (little or a lot) whenever they eat shrooms?

definitely have apprehension and anxiety right after ingestion that usually lasts for most of the come up...sucks! listening to relaxing music with headphones, nature sounds and things like that, really helps..so does going outside, or looking at a book with beautiful landscape photography. just keep yourself occupied for that hour before the trip comes on, and do things that are peaceful and beautiful, and your trip will continue on that path. :peace: :laugh:

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Hendostan]
    #3613599 - 01/11/05 04:12 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm always scared but I still do them. But now I really don't want to touch shrooms because I feel like I am losing control of my mind when I on shrooms. I stick to weed, alcohol, and anything else that doesn't fuck with my mind, much.

Just take a break man.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Hendostan]
    #3613622 - 01/11/05 04:16 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The first time I ate shrooms I didn't know what to expect so I was only excited and did not experience any fear or anxiety. I had a crazy fuckin trip and I felt like I had gone insane.

The second time I shroomed I felt pretty anxious and nervous on the come up because I began to get that Deja-Vu feeling and the feeling of loosing control. I told myself to remember that I'm tripping on shrooms and that there's nothign to worry about. I had the best trip of my life!

The times after that I only experience mild anxiety.

I then had my bad trip, and it was BAD.
I've munched only twice after that trip, and the first time I felt scared and anxious right after I ate them... however the shrooms were shit and I didn't trip atall... It felt more like weak E.

The second time I felt little anxiety because I KNEW that I really wanted to trip so I just tried to stay calm and go with the flow. I experienced the deja-vu feeling a couple times and experienced that scary feeling you get, but I just told myself to relax, and there was no way I was gonna trip as hard with these shrooms, as I did with the shrooms that brought on my bad trip.

Anyway, you may be scared to trip again, but that just makes the journey that much more interesting! If you decide to eat mushrooms, just try eating less and just remember to stay calm, that everything is OK, you're not going to go crazy and you're not going to die. You WILL come down, and when you do, you'll be able to sort everything out.

I say go for it, and just stay positive!

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3613632 - 01/11/05 04:19 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks. I definately will go for a lower dose for my 'comeback' trip.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Ginseng1]
    #3613653 - 01/11/05 04:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i get that apprehension/anxiety before tripping as well. i havent tripped for like a year maybe, or a little less. i started growing some shrooms early dec. so they will fruit soon. i know im gonna get that feeling again but i always had good, chill friends with me along for the ride. we usually listen to music,talk, or watch cartoons until the trip comes on. these things usually calm me down before the trip starts in.....then comes the body high and you know its just gonna get better from there. dont underestimate the shroom, but dont fear it. its like a friend, respect it and have a good time..

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: JTHM]
    #3614290 - 01/11/05 07:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I always get a little pre-trip anxiety,but it usually fades away after I think about positive stuff or find something to laugh at.If you ever feel like you're gonna have a bad trip watch "Baseketball".Trey Parker movies always make me happy.

OfflineJaRRn
Lost in Space
Male User Gallery

Loc: Standing on the Cosmic Sh...
    #3614527 - 01/11/05 07:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Have a beer or 2, works for me, how about a b3 (nicotinamide) tablet. reduces anxiety.

Invisibleclone
Remote Viewer
 User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: JTHM]
    #3614579 - 01/11/05 08:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i still get anxious. i do not "fear" what is coming, i am anxious as to what is coming. but i still respect the power of the substance. i always tell myself the morning i wake up it's too late (yes already). i have made my mind up, i have prepared mentally, and i have fasted for the day. it is too late to go back. it is okay to fear the trip coming. like any one emotion, don't let fear run you.
i find telling myself it's too late before even ingesting the shrooms helps me prepare mentally.

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: clone]
    #3614916 - 01/11/05 09:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Oh yeah,eating a full meal sometime during the day of your trip would keep the effects down some.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: clone]
    #3614929 - 01/11/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Well I know you want us to say something that is magical and makes you unafraid as soon as the words hit your eyeballs, but we both know that's not going to happen. You're going to have to just eat the mushrooms. Don't take a lower dose, take what you usually do. YOU know that you love tripping. YOU know you can handle it. Shit happens, face it head on. Time heals all wounds.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Baton_Rouge_Voodoo]
    #3614931 - 01/11/05 09:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

As long as you feel good getting into it, you'll feel good during it. Don't be afraid to trip, follow these good peoples advice and just go for it. Hopefully it will be pleasant and positive. Have a good one!

InvisibleFuzzt
Junglist
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Trainwreck]
    #3618015 - 01/12/05 01:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I always feel a little scared to begin with.
Then the mushrooms slowly kick in and take me on a ride, and then I feel happy.

OfflineAncient_Traveler
Shroomer

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Fuzzt]
    #4681835 - 09/19/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sort of in the same boat as you. About 4 months ago I had a bad trip, and I mean it was insane. I wont go into all the why's and how's.... but at the peak of my trip, I was in a very old, fenced in cemetery. It was about 3AM and extremely foggy. I was already well across the borders of insanity and some really fucked up stuff happened with my mind. I believed I was a zombie and I wasnt myself. I scared the shit out of some friends across the road in the car... I almost died by forgetting who I was and who my friends were (I thought they were after me) and I ran through the night and the fog and they finally found me the next morning laying in a ditch completely freaked out. I havent come back from it all the way yet...I still have a pretty fucked up mind and still trip out sometimes even when completely sober. . .although I have never felt sober since then.
I haven't tripped since then either. I am currently growing some brazilian "oracle" shrooms and plan to trip when they come up and have had some doubts about it.
After that experience I have really been through alot of changing and I am not the same person at all. Alot of it has been for the better, but there's still that off center spot in my mind that tries to scare the hell out of me.
I think the best advice would be "Dont worry about it man! Its all good."
-Just dont worry. If you worry about it, then you might give into "The Fear" if it tries to touch you.
-Just be happy. Happy thoughts make for a happy trip.
-Check your motives at the door. Why do you want to trip? Are you taking it seriously? If you are doing it for the right reasons (not just trying to get high or have fun) and you have proper respect for the mushrooms, you'll be just fine.
-Dont fight it. If you fight to stay in your right mind and try to tell yourself "this isnt real. I'm trippin." (unless of course they are bad things) then you'll go insane and risk a bad trip.
-Prepare yourself. I suggest meditation before you trip. Seek out answers as you trip and submit to what you see. Just prepare yourself and push away the bad vibes.
-ENJOY THE RIDE! Let the shrooms take you where they will, and show you what they want you to see! Just relax and everything will be great.

Good luck man! Happy trails to you.
-Ancient Traveler

--------------------
----------
"You will never understand what reality truly is untill you first decide to open your eyes to see that it exists."
-Ancient Traveler

"There he goes...One of God's own prototypes. A high powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
-Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Ancient_Traveler]
    #4682390 - 09/19/05 02:39 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

at the peak of my trip, I was in a very old, fenced in cemetery.

:confused: How does one end up there? I can see it added to your freakout. Wish you the best, man :heart:

Bad trips happen. Unless you surrender to them and let the horror happen without resistance you will likely end up worse.

You got to face your fears, because they're not a weird drug thing but the fears of your life. Its your resistance that makes it hurt.
Last saturday I surrendered to one hell of a bad trip, and I made progress in my life because of it.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinecarl
Revolutionary
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Asante]
    #4682961 - 09/19/05 05:12 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

I think the more you read and understand the mushroom and the trip the less you should fear them. When i first started getting interested i read everything i could find about them. THen i started to grow them. BEcause i knew so much about them i had no fear as to what was going to happen. I have never been scared before during or after a trip. Also i have never had a bad trip and i have tripped well over 100 times now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds