Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: carl]
    #4682978 - 09/19/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Trips can be mind-bogglingly excruciating, but the part that hurts is your own fear/anxiety/panic response.

Mushrooms are "a tempest in a teacup": they can be wild, but are confined to the trip if you don't let your emotions get the better of you.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Asante]
    #4683469 - 09/19/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 6 months ago)

Sage words as always W.C..!

I'm really glad that this thread came back. I missed it originally and this advice helps me too. I love the fact that the comments are almost all from people who have been here a long time and there are none of the "Just suck it up and eat five grams" comments that you see so often.

Thanks for all the helpful advice!

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineElijahWood
Stranger
Re: Still scared of tripping [Re: Ancient_Traveler]
    #4890669 - 11/03/05 07:45 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ancient_Traveler said:
Alot of it has been for the better, but there's still that off center spot in my mind that tries to scare the hell out of me.
-Ancient Traveler

That is the best way I have ever heard it put. I have the exact same thing and have not tripped in 2 yeard because of it. I was about to take acid in about 4 days, but because of this off center spot that tries to scare me, I am very unsure, scared, and nervous. Last night, long story short, I had a horrible flashback;my first and only after 2 years of tripping. Very weird. It feels so good to hear someone explain that so well, because I relate to that so much and believe I need to find a way to conquer this before I trip.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale