Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleHeineken
Imported From Holland

Loc: Holland, duh?
Wellp no vermiculite...so I improvised <3
    #3613214 - 01/11/05 04:45 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

This is gonna be a little test to see if it works

2 Cups peat moss
Half cup water
Half cup brown rice flower (homemade with coffee grinder)

but I cant boil them today since by douche roomate lent his mom the boiling pot. oh well i get it back tomorrow

--------------------
Please Enjoy Responsibly

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Wellp no vermiculite...so I improvised <3 [Re: Heineken]
    #3613268 - 01/11/05 04:55 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

You need to put in something to make it less acidic, you need some powered oyster shells, otherwise your jars/sub. wont get very far, Peat moss is more acidic than nuetral, so make sure you add some oyster shell

Gl

Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: Wellp no vermiculite...so I improvised <3 [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3613327 - 01/11/05 05:05 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

If you can help me with shipping, I'll send you some.

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Offlinekiss
numbnuts
 User Gallery

Loc: under your bed
Re: Wellp no vermiculite...so I improvised <3 [Re: toasty1]
    #3614073 - 01/11/05 08:11 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Damn it! Thats the second time I've thought of something, and somebody else is beating me to it. I knew I should of bought that lime today :smirk:
Well just like I said last time...glad your stepping in it first :smile:
Good Luck and keep us updated. Maybe we can compare notes.

--------------------
see dick drink
see dick drive
see dick die
don't be a dick!

OfflineHerbanShaman
I am the Walrus

Loc: Everywhere and Nowhere
Re: Wellp no vermiculite...so I improvised <3 [Re: kiss]
    #3614277 - 01/11/05 09:00 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Can you find perlite? This is for PF cakes right or something similar? The problem besides acidity that I see is that the mixture may be too dense and not enough air will reach the mixture. Peat can be quite tough once its cooked up. If you're just needing some substrate to grow on, try birdseed, or organic rye berries. Both work well, but birdseed is especially easy to find. Will you be boiling this stuff in mason jars? If so, only fill them 1/2 full so you can shake them; that will help with the density problem. You really should try to get a cheap pressure cooker from the dollar store ($15) or Wal-Mart ($20); sterilizing things with just a boiler is so so hard. If you can't though, seek help with hydrogen peroxide as a method of helping to avoid contamination (I've never had luck with boiling or hydrogen peroxide though). I hate to see you struggle from a lack of supplies buddy, it makes me happy to see someone will send you some vermiculite (reminds me of those "character" commercials mormons have). I hope my advice helps.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."
-- Mazatec shaman

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Herb Grinder, Oyster Shell, Peat, Perlite, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation