Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSpiderJerusalem
Stranger
First flush question
    #3611878 - 01/11/05 11:11 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

So one of my golden teacher cakes finally had a flush. I have two questions.
1.) Does it matter that 7-8 shrooms grew off one spot the size of a quarter ($0.25)? Shouldn't they grow from all over the cake? How can I get them to?

2.) I know you should wait until the shroom opens up to pick it, but these guys aren't very long at all. The longest was 4inches when its veil opened. Can i wait to pick the others till they get bigger? Will they get bigger? Do small shrooms mean I did something wrong or does it mean there is just more nutrients left in the cake for future flushes?

This cake was not dunk and rolled. I have about half straight to chamber birthed and the other half birthed, dunked, and rolled in vermiculate. Will it take a long time for the myc to get around the Verm, colonize and finally pin?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: First flush question [Re: SpiderJerusalem]
    #3611886 - 01/11/05 11:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

once veil breaks they really dont get much bigger

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: First flush question [Re: SpiderJerusalem]
    #3611905 - 01/11/05 11:25 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpiderJerusalem said:
So one of my golden teacher cakes finally had a flush. I have two questions.
1.) Does it matter that 7-8 shrooms grew off one spot the size of a quarter ($0.25)? Shouldn't they grow from all over the cake? How can I get them to?

2.) I know you should wait until the shroom opens up to pick it, but these guys aren't very long at all. The longest was 4inches when its veil opened. Can i wait to pick the others till they get bigger? Will they get bigger? Do small shrooms mean I did something wrong or does it mean there is just more nutrients left in the cake for future flushes?

This cake was not dunk and rolled. I have about half straight to chamber birthed and the other half birthed, dunked, and rolled in vermiculate. Will it take a long time for the myc to get around the Verm, colonize and finally pin?

1. Is normal for mushies to group together in clusters . To improve a more even pinset ... could be lots of factors here to consider i.e. air exchanges , humidity ,temp, time of birthing . It could be the colony was just not quite ready to produce in abundance , next flush may be better .

2.If you wait too long , they will start dumping spores by the gill-full , not good for future flushes , spores lying on surface will inhibit future flushes .
One should pick just as veil begins to tear , if wanting to collect prints wait till cap just starts to open then pick and print .

GL

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: First flush question [Re: tripndicular]
    #3612090 - 01/11/05 12:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

good job trip, i'm just going to throw a few more comments in on top of your great advice. :smile:

if you have some that opened before others and you want to wait for the others to open, then cut the cap off of the one that's opened already... you're not going to leave the stem there long enough to rot. just cut the cap off and print it or dry it or throw it in the fridge in a paper bag, whatever you had planned for it. i promise the stem won't mold and contam in 2-3 days without a cap, i've done it more than once.

your shrooms are small, eh? you didn't dunk 'n roll? sounds like they didn't have enough water. dunk 'n roll, then double end case those puppies after this flush. it'll take a smidgen longer for your pins to show up, but the overall size difference in your flushes will make up for it.

good luck my friend.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

OfflinePsycAura
think, and bewicked
 User Gallery

Loc: an alternate universe som...
Re: First flush question [Re: ZeroArmy27]
    #3613376 - 01/11/05 05:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

dunk, dunk, dunk

left - dunked right - not dunked
and that is not even a GOOD example of the difference u get by dunking

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain. - Captain Murphy

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation