Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineRazman
Stranger

We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf?
    #3610369 - 01/10/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Everytime i ponder my own consciousness, i realize how extremely aware i am of my own existence. It's a spooky feeling, and once in awhile it comes in 2 second surges similar to Deja Vu. It's a feeling of "super self-awareness". This happens even when i am not influenced by any drugs/alcohol.

Then, i get this intuitive feeling that it seems awfully strange for MORE THAN ONE consciousness to exist in the universe. Knowing rationally that everyone else must be real around me and not robots, i fall for the conclusion in my mind (although i struggle to deny it) that we are all the same consciousness, injected into billions of bodies/personalities, etc..

When i look at a person, sometimes i stop and think, "wow, they are living a whole life similar to mine. They're conscious, but how is that consciousness any different than mine?" I struggle with the concept that "IF the consciousness is truely seperated from the mind, then how the hell are all of our consciousness's seperated from eachother?" I then trip out on the thought of the universe having only ONE true consciousness. Perhaps all life including animals/aliens share the same fundamental identity. Does this make any fucking sense? I feel that we are all constantly reincarnating as eachother. If you die, its ok, because that baby being born right now is you, and you and you and you and you... its just a different mind/body. My mind cant grasp the concept of more than one consciousness. I truely feel one with everybody. You might think im lacking a sense of identity, when in fact i feel the complete opposite. I sense a single, super identity.

By the way im not just making up some blind theory, so theres no need for debate.. im just describing the surreal feeling i get once in awhile. I've tripped hard on Salvia really hard as well as shrooms and i have never encountered a bizarre thought like this that seems so real to me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Razman]
    #3610419 - 01/10/05 10:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i guess all im saying is our seperation of identities seems false. Rather, it is a seperation of stories written and read by the same author. If this makes any sense.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3610450 - 01/10/05 10:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

it seems awfully strange for MORE THAN ONE consciousness to exist in the universe.

Well, if you strip everybody down, to a common characteristic, it's that we all have a consciousness, in the definition of self-awareness. All we really have in common is awareness of ourselves, and if our minds were totally erased, then in that tiny moment before perception flooded our brains, the first thing we'd be aware of is ourselves. It's impossible to be aware of anything before your self. I hadn't thought of it quite that way until your post.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #3610570 - 01/10/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The mass consciousness is a beautiful and awe-inspiring thing.
What you describe sounds like what I call connecting to the grid.. bringing the awareness of higher self into physical body and becoming temporarily immersed in the spirit realm..

I too feel like we are all one consciousness, at the highest dimension. As it spirals downward and outward, creation manifests its consciousness into trillions of subjective realities at many different levels all intermingling, with the primary purpose to experience and evolve.

I've seen the 'grid' often.. especially at festivals and salvia seems to contribute.. it is the grid of energy that connects all humans on this planet, because we are one god consciousness experiencing billions of subjective realities simultaneously. The trees, the earth, the rocks, the animals, the water, the void.. it all has purpose. There are many grids, and they are all connected.

Think about it, if you were god.. wouldn't you get bored? Your spiritual evolution would stagnate after a while. Wouldn't you want to multiply yourself and create other gods? You have to create motion and movement to prevent stagnancy.. you have to create other realities and master them to further learn and evolve through experience..

you recognize the I AM presence within yourself and so do I. Namaste

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3610756 - 01/11/05 12:02 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

all we really have in common is that we all have blood.
or maybe....

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3611202 - 01/11/05 01:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am just an awareness. a localized awareness which is aware of things, INCLUDING the fact that it is an awareness. it makes me think of some weird equation like x = x+1 or something, where you have this set up and as sooon as you set it rolling it spirals crazily out of control, and the spiral breaks into spirals, and then the paper I'm drawing this on turns into a spiral, meta meta meta

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3611506 - 01/11/05 04:46 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

> Then, i get this intuitive feeling that it seems awfully strange for MORE THAN ONE consciousness to exist in the universe.

Look at the world we live in. Everything is defined by it's relation to something else. In other words, good cannot exist by itself, it must be defined in terms of evil. How good is something? More good than something else implies that something else is not so good, which eventually extrapolates out to evil. This is the dualistic nature of our reality. However, if we take the dualistic argument to the extreem, then there must be an opposite to duality itself. Duality can not exist without a non-dualistic 'something' to balance the equation. Since duality obviously does govern our reality, then by the same good/evil extrapolation, oneness must also exist (in paradox) with duality.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Seuss]
    #3611741 - 01/11/05 08:14 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"for it is as us, we shalt know it all, as One."
-Period :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Gomp]
    #3611760 - 01/11/05 08:23 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"how do we know that a rock rolling down a hill doesn't know where it is going?"

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3612305 - 01/11/05 11:29 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

However, if we take the dualistic argument to the extreem, then there must be an opposite to duality itself. Duality can not exist without a non-dualistic 'something' to balance the equation.

but if the dualistic argument is bunk, which it might be, then that is incorrect. They tell me duality is an illusion. so the 'fact' that there must be an opposite to duality itself would be illusory too. ..so in this case, Oneness is the illusion.

If you start by assuming duality is illusory, then lal the effects of duality are illusory too, such as the existence of its opposite. wow! Oneness just negated itself!

Offlineergot
MydriasicVisionary
    #3612389 - 01/11/05 11:44 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"When I have looked at a jug I have supposed that eye-subject was looking at jug-object. But eye-subject is itself an object, and one object cannot be the subject of another object. Both eye-supposed-subject and the jug are objects of I-subject. That is apparent transcendence of subject-object.

But only when we realise that, in split-mind, I-as-subject must always be itself an object while it also has its own supposed-object, do we understand that this constitutes an infinite regression, and that final transcendence is the understanding that I am not-subject, for, since in reality there are no objects, there cannot be a subject.

No-objects and no-subject constitute impersonality, the resultant of the negation of each member of every pair of opposites, or No-Entity.

Only whole mind can know this, and that is 'that I am'." - Wei Wu Wei

--------------------
"Remain a learner, never become a knower." - Osho

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: ergot]
    #3612596 - 01/11/05 12:23 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

and thus you have another paradox. Existence is a paradox, and if you try to logically prove it you will always run into contradictions. You must accept that the illusion is real, that reality is an illusion, and that all things exist separately but are all made of the same clay, thus making them one.

GOD IS A PARADOX

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: dr0mni]
    #3616185 - 01/12/05 01:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

God BOTH IS AND IS NOT A PARADOX, SIMULTANEOUSLY

OfflineCrestfallen
some kindasomethin'

#3616408 - 01/12/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I cant remember who said it in here but it was something like - people are only temporary forms in the great mass of consciousness-. I didnt understand this until a trip I had later on and the concept then totally made sense. It was like, as my ego was desintigrating I was losing that independant form and melting back into the mass-consciousness. does anyone get that? haha

--------------------
The above statement is completely fictional and composed solely for the purpose of entertainment.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: We're all one consciousness? Super identity? wtf? [Re: Crestfallen]
    #3616432 - 01/12/05 02:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

people are actually eyeballs floating near a vast 'brain' which is the universe. it's true, I read it on another thread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order