Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: Reincarnation [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3608507 - 01/10/05 03:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You say that the soul choses to take form. This is one of the many reasons that i have trouble with the concept of soul.

For one it implies a permenat self existing entitity when there is non, secondly if this is true and i had the choice to manifest in whatever way i wished, then i certainly would not have chosen my ugly face!

:crazy: :eek: :tongue2:

Yes the brain is an organ of the body, and a servant of the mind, the mind is empty cognizance!

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Reincarnation [Re: Sinbad]
    #3608570 - 01/10/05 03:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

you do not wish. you do not manifest. you do not have any awareness or contol of this action other than you can choose to be aware of it, you are not a soul, you are a thing possesed by a soul.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #3608634 - 01/10/05 03:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

But when i look inward, and try to find this soul, i cannot find it. I find no permenant self-existsing soul to be aware of.

The only conclusion that i can draw is that the soul must be just a belief.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Reincarnation [Re: Sinbad]
    #3609278 - 01/10/05 06:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Sinbad said:
But when i look inward, and try to find this soul, i cannot find it. I find no permenant self-existsing soul to be aware of.

The only conclusion that i can draw is that the soul must be just a belief.

this statement makes an awful lot of sense.
more like that please.
straight observation without repetition of "corroborating" scripture or any dependency upon some esoteric lineage in order to infer meanings beyond our ken.
clearly plenty beyond our ken right here.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Reincarnation [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3610325 - 01/10/05 10:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

well i suppose that, in theory, a soul is a belief, no different from any other really, and just as jesus and god are the beliefs of some, my soul is my belief, what im really saying is, i understand the point of challenging somebodies thoughts/thought processes as i do it all of the time to make people question themselves, but it is far to late to change me, and also, i guess this is probably a place more for discussion than searching for the answer to what you believe is right, that will never be handed to you, unless you give yourself to an organized religion, otherwise, your truth is something that you have to find, and once you do, you dont feel the need to question existance any more.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3611179 - 01/11/05 01:35 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

incubaby.

that will never be handed to you, unless you give yourself to an organized religion, otherwise, your truth is something that you have to find, and once you do, you dont feel the need to question existance any more.

is this what you aspire to? or rather, what's the difference between having Truth handed to you prepackaged and ready (and therefore ceasing your own search for Truth), and 'finding' your 'own' Truth outside of organized religion (and thence ceasing your search)?

also challenging somebodies thoughts/thought processes as i do it all of the time to make people question themselves, but it is far to late to change me

too late? as in, you have a rigid belief system which is stiff and brittle, and you use it as a launching pad to rocket challenges into other peoples' belief systems? is this hypocrasy?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order