Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
What is the shroomery coming to?!!
    #361109 - 07/26/01 01:24 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

why are there so many ego trips in here and people showing off? when i came here i thought it would be a good place to get questions answered, but its turned into something else. i want to tell you people how i started growing and how you people talked trash on someone, when they were just asking a question. i bought shrooms (for the first time) off a 14 year old "kid". this "kid" taught me most of what i know about growing shrooms. after i bought them i asked where he got them (i wanted to go shroom hunting) and he said that he grew them. he said that it is extremely easy and if i wanted to learn hed teach me. i deffinately wanted to grow so he gave me his number and told me to read the pf tek over a few times and if i had any questions to call him. my first question was: where do i get the spores!!! he told me to order them off sporechicks and then i got started on my first batch of B+. he told me everything i needed to know and i got quit a bit of shrooms. this is when i found out about the shroomery. i asked him if he knew about the shroomery and he said yes and told me not to go into the message boards because everyone is an ass. he told me if i didnt believe him then look at the post called: cop question, by the username did_alot_of_acid and i would find out what he meant. it was at the very top of the forum when i went on and i saw what he meant. i knew that it is only natural to think that this kid is "dumb child" but he asked for help and all he got was bullshit, especially since this "kid" is probably more mature and knows mare about reality then most of the people that responded. i thaught that just because he got trash talked on him doesnt mean that it will happen to me so i continued to go on and post. everything was going good and then all of a sudden i was getting bullied and the same sort of thing was happening to me. thats when i decided that i was going to make this post and just ask people to be more informative, and stop caring so much about there egos. i dont think anyone will care about youre ego on a message board, and if they do, youre profile, and title should be enough.
do a search and find the post:

forum: mushroom cultivation
search: cop question
date range: before 6 months

just imagine what this person was thinking when you guys told him off and talked shit on him when you didnt even know him and were being a stereotype. i hope this makes people realize that you should keep youre egos with youre friends and not in a message board. all i can say is learn from youre mistakes.

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDisco_Stu
Not MuchStranger

Loc: I roam around.
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: aluminum_can]
    #361118 - 07/26/01 01:51 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I agree. I mean what is wrong with some of these people? There are many of these folks who act like idiots who are so full of BS. Most of the messages here are from people who are just angry and need to bitch at somone. Yet we are still have a few great guys(and gals) who are very intelligent, pleasent and they can answer most of your questions. I personally have been lurking around here for about a year, and in that time, I have seen many a flame.. but I have also learned a lot and I owe much of that knowledge to people like anno and mcman. So to those of you who are mature and intelligent enough to help out newbies over an over and leave no question unanswered, I would like to express my gratitude towards you. Thank you. BTW, It's late and I"m tired so please excuse any awkward wording and such..

--------------------
Peace
o~Stu

Offlinejonny
Stranger
    #361121 - 07/26/01 01:56 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

I have asked half a dozen questions since joining 2 weeks ago. I've been very pleased with the responses I've gotten. Lots of help and good advice. Although one time I made a post titled "really dumb question". I didn't know what TEK stood for. I thought it was probably technique but wasn't sure. The only time I've ever recieved anything resembling a shitty response was to this post. It said:

i used to wonder what tek meaned also (for like a minute) and then i used
my brain and figured that theres a high chance that it means technique. and
then i used my brain a little harder and then mi knew it had to be technique.
i thinks its kinda obviouse

Look familiar? It should, you sent it. Thanks for that. You're right, it's wrong to ask a question and than get shit for asking it. Look in the mirror, think before you speak, and try not to be a hypocrite. Enjoy this board for it's great learning potential and laugh it off like a man if someone busts your balls. It's all fun.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: jonny]
    #361136 - 07/26/01 02:55 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

get used to it. once the "cool posse" of the shroomery gangsters starts finding out that youre asking questions like that youre going to get alot more of it. ive been going on for about 3 months now and ive never had any problems untill now.

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came out of comic books.

--------------------

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #361149 - 07/26/01 03:20 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

You give too much importance to this forum, go outside, play with your dog, go for a walk, whatever, just don't sit on your chair ranting at something said by someone 3000 miles away that you don't even know, learn how to deal with the info you get here then deal with people, it's not hard, just focus in the porpuse of growing shrooms. The shroomery has a very inteligent comunity but also it's getting very big with people from all around the world, you'll allways get some diferent view of things, rants, flames, jokes, shrooms, pics, caps, stems, highs, choose!!!! Just be yourself and remember that importance is relative.

Peace,
MAIA

"Houston, we have a problem... shrooms are over "
=)Free&Spread the Spores(=
Support the FSR

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinejonny
Stranger
    #361153 - 07/26/01 03:52 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

AC, I think you missed my point completely, dumb ass. I ask questions, any question, that I want an answer to. I usually get great responses. If someone wants to bust my balls, I laugh. It's usually funny and someone else always provides the info I was looking for. What I do get bothered by is your whinny ass bitching about how others don't respect the board. When I say your part of the problem, all you can say in response is "if I ask questions like that" I'm gonna get ripped. And you are more than willing to be the guy doing the ripping. That's fine, unlike yourself I can take a joke. You whinny faced bitch. Now log off, find a new hobby, get a life outside of this forum, and go fuck your self. See, that was a joke. It's late but I'm laughing. No big deal, we're still comrads. But seriously... go fuck your self.

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #361157 - 07/26/01 04:05 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Hey, aluminum, why don't you can it? You're taking this way too serious.

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: puscle]
    #361177 - 07/26/01 05:26 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

It's threads like this, with all the attitude, that have kept me off this board since I started growing. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It's just not for me. I prefer a more welcoming atmosphere. There can be a lot of hostility on this forum at times. I think the purpose of the forum is being overlooked. The forum is here to facilitate sharing knoweledge and experiences. The hostility only hinders things.

Keep in mind that when you bash someone you will make others bashful about posting. Maybe that is the intent of some people but I try only to help. The sad truth is that I know these people will never change because either it's just who they are or they are too immature to realize what effect they have on the community and the potential newcomers. That sad truth is what will keep me off of this board for the most part. I just prefer not to filter through the b.s. to extract the information I need so frequently.

The shroomery is the place that started it all for me. I stumbled across the website one night while looking for some trippy screensavers. I had never thought about growing mushrooms before. Over the next month after finding the site I read every tek and every cultivation article there was a link to. I went ahead obtained my spores and got started growing. I began to read through the posts on the board but it seemed that far too often newbie type questions only resulted in a smart ass remark or an all out bashing. I never did register and every so often I'd read a little more only to find the same thing. Once a month or so I come back here and try to start reading the threads agian. But inevitably I stumble across a flame or just plain 'ol bullying and agian delete the link from my favorites.

The Shroomery itself is a wonderful site with loads of information. It's a shame that the message board can harbor such hostility at times.

Offlinefruers
Loc: nsw, australia
    #361182 - 07/26/01 05:43 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Ha! You talk people down, and talk yourself up more than anybody else i've seen here, the sad (ie. funny) part is that you've just shown that you take it (and yourself) seriously.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #361212 - 07/26/01 06:54 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

What is it coming to when YOU call a newbie an idiot simply because he asked a question about humidity...pretty fucking sad

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Invisiblefuzzysquirelnuts
veteran
Loc: souhwest us
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #361292 - 07/26/01 10:05 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

if you want to talk shit this really isnt the forum for it you should go to off topic and quit bogging down cultivation with this shit

i can believe its not butter but why would you do that

--------------------
were all retarded sometimes

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #361299 - 07/26/01 10:15 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

fuck shit cunt whore

sorry my candor really isn't up to par today, alum. can. :(

Originally no one is deluded.
-bankei

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

OfflineVitticeps
journeyman
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: fruers]
    #361304 - 07/26/01 10:23 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you fruers for proving my point.

OfflineAnkh
Stranger
    #361314 - 07/26/01 10:46 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The problem here is...nobody wants to take the time and read, or search for anything (there are exceptions to that rule, of course.) I see the same questions day in and day out on these boards, and frankly, that's a little annoying. I can't even fathom how the same people keep answering those same questions over, and over, and over...

Jesus - just READ the boards, all the answers you are looking for are already out there (once again, I'm sure there are a few exceptions).

Adios
-Ankh

Anonymous

Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: Ankh]
    #361368 - 07/26/01 12:19 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

This is a message board. People like the interaction. Researching doesn't have the same appeal. How many questions about growing are there? Many will be repeated over and over, that really isn't a bad thing. If these questions werent repeated, there would not be much traffic here. Who cares about the flamers!!! Stupid questions will be attacked, there is nothing that can be done about that. Alot of good information is on these boards, and alot of entertaining posts as well. Don't take anything anyone says personally. If someone attacks your knowledge prove them wrong, If someone is attacking YOU, usually someone will step in a flame them for you. Dig up something ridiculous they said when they first came to these boards.
Just enjoy them for what they are!!!!!

And by the way, After re-reading the cop question post I remember it well. What kind of responses do you think you are gonna get. Situations like that lead to government intervention. I can imagine the pictures being plastered all over the television news. Seventh grader found with pictures of illicit DRUGS, a shopping list for the MANUFACTURING of these illicit drugs, and passwords to evil sites where adults teach children how to MANUFACTURE these illicit DRUGS. What kind of response would you suggest he get from this community.

Edited by Teonan on 07/26/01 01:37 PM.

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
    #361403 - 07/26/01 01:32 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

i made this post because i cant post anymore. if i ask a question then someone hunts me down and talks shit. all i can do now is answer questions. did you even read the post made by my friend? that was some fucked up shit that you people said. that kid had soo much knowlegde about growing and you people just made him leave. that kid went around teaching people to grow (even though it was extremely illegal) so they could enjoy the power of shrooms and not have to buy them off some loser drug dealer. i do much of the same thing (answering most of the "dumb" questions on this board) and i dont want to have to leave like my friend had to. i dont see how you can just forget about a shity post that someone made. and if you talk shit back they start pming you and have their friends pm you. underneath where it says shroomery message boards it should say: use at youre own risk!! there are some assholes in here the spend there time bossing you around. and if it gets so where you cant post anymore, dont do anything about it.

--------------------

Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
    #361426 - 07/26/01 02:08 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

No! You've as much right to post as we all do. I'm not concerned with your friend, that's all in the abstract. But I can help you if you've a cultivation question. There's enough good people on this board to overlook those that would attempt to denigrate.

OfflineMindQuester

Loc: Oregon, USA
    #361445 - 07/26/01 02:51 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

AC,

I'm a little more selective on how I read the boards. If I see a simple question and it has some replies, I don't even go into it unless I am experiencing some of the same problems. I have learned quite a few advanced principles from reading answers to "simple questions."
On the other hand, sometimes I just want to read for specific information and avoid the simple questions.
Also, there are many of us (even if we've been away for a while) who don't mind answering the simple questions. This is an information and discovery forum. Read what you want, answer when you will, and take from it what you can.
It is helpful however to act civily and with some maturity so that this forum be a fun place, too.
Just my 2 cents since you did ask the question.

--------------------
My presence here, any of the words I read, or any of the words I write are for the specific purposes of researching a novel in progress.
There is a good Mindquester and a bad Mindquester.

Offlinerochester
Stranger
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: Vitticeps]
    #361460 - 07/26/01 03:32 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Way to go Vitti! Doesn't take long to prove your point. I am still turned off with the fact that I was new at this a few months back and I know I asked a few dumb ass questions... fortunatly I asked them elsewhere aand was respected as a begginer. I can now contribute some input to others just beggining the myco hobby.

Roc

--------------------
Roc

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: What is the shroomery coming to?!! [Re: fuzzysquirelnuts]
    #361561 - 07/26/01 07:28 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Im not talking shit - i didnt start this post which is in the cultivation section - what i said AC did actually happened - my post was small - etc etc...

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds