Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Loc: Southeast Tennessee
Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy)
    #3610666 - 01/11/05 01:40 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Hello everyone.

I'm relatively new to this board and new to mushrooms.  In fact, I've only tripped twice.  But here are a few things I've noticed from both trips, and I was just wondering how common these phenomenons are.

The trip causes my mind to think in cycles.  There's always some "force" or "idea" that all my different ideas come back to.  The idea can change (the first trip it was eternity, the second was an indescribable force that makes humans want to live up to expectations of others), but it always is a cycle.

These ideas... It's like a maze in a forest.  That's how my mind pictures it.  There are a million different paths or ideas I can choose to embark upon, and each one leads to a million different more.  Kind of like a fractal.  And once I choose one path, I can't go back.

During the trip I always feel I'm right on the verge of understanding something deeply profound, mysterious or spiritual, but I just can't put my finger on it.  Maybe if I tried a higher dosage I could discover this hidden truth, whatever it is?

Physiologically, and this is what I was wanting to find out if it occurs with others as well, I am VERY in tune with my body during the trip.

For instance, if I'm tripping and I eat, I can actually FEEL the food going down into my stomach and through my intestines.  It doesn't feel bad; it's quite satisfying.  I can feel liquid waste making its way to my bladder; sometimes I can feel blood pumping from my heart and into my limbs and toes and fingers, and even brain. 

Do you all think this is my mind THINKING it can feel these things, or am I really feeling them?

Also, I can never stay still during a trip.  This drives me crazy.  My limbs feel like they always have to move, and my nerves feel like they're laughing.

Touching/feeling myself and others feels great.  If I touch myself, it's almost like I'm touching myself objectively--as if it's someone else's face.  I can feel my bone structure especially.

Psychologically, I feel very innocent and carefree when tripping.

Blacklights especially interest me.  For both trips, I had numerous blacklights on the wall, and a big sheet of paper nailed to the wall, and I drew things with highlighters.  I don't know where the drawings come from but they creep me out when I look at them after the trip.  My last one I thought was a demon that watched me and studied me and laughed at me when I tripped.

The highlighters, when under a blacklight, look like they're "active" to me while everything else is "inactive."  I don't know if that makes sense; it's hard to explain.

While I'm tripping, I can see underneath people's skin on their face.  Like if you were to rip their skin off, I see all the muscle and sinew and blood underneath.  At times it's unnerving, but I can handle it.

When the trip is over, the next morning I have a headache.  Anyone know why this is or how it can be corrected?

Again, if anyone reads any of this and thinks, "Hey that happens to me!" please let me know.  I'm interested in hearing about it.

:smile:

Edited by GatorB (01/11/05 01:42 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: GatorB]
    #3610693 - 01/11/05 01:47 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

A few more things...

Time ceases to exist when I trip. Three hours seems like five minutes.

Everything that's going on is somehow connected. What I'm drawing is somehow connected to what music is playing, and all that is somehow connected to whatever's happening on the TV. I also sometimes feel that everyone who's talking and I can't hear is talking about me. It's kind of a comical paranoia that I just shrug off.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: GatorB]
    #3610912 - 01/11/05 02:26 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with the time aspect. Goes both ways though, 3 Min's can be an eternity as I have learned from salvia (in a not so gentle way)

OfflineSlackerKM
Unusual suspect

Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: SourceLimit]
    #3611042 - 01/11/05 02:53 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I get the "thought cycle" thing... it also happens to me to when I'm extremely stoned from weed. It's a source of discomfort, since I value my mind and am used to controlling it like an instrument. I get the same things as you - I can't go back to the previous idea, and I can't dwell on a single idea for too long. Any attempts to escape from the loop are defeated by my mind placing a logical barrier in the way, which in turn becomes another thought and continues the loop.

OfflineaNewPerception
candy eater
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: SlackerKM]
    #3611226 - 01/11/05 03:50 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

oooo... the never-ending cycles from shrooming.. i miss that.. well, not really. its crazy though. the first time i got it it was kind of frustrating, though i wasnt mad or anything. i was thinking, wtf? why can i get my thoughts togeth.. wow.. i just thought this...

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: aNewPerception]
    #3612079 - 01/11/05 12:26 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

GatorB, what doses were that at? More than 3grs I'd say?

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

OfflineSilent_Echo
~~Psychonaut~~

Loc: Inside My Head
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3613065 - 01/11/05 04:13 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

headache could be from lack of water...and everyone else has the thought loops too, just stop thinking, you have to go for a walk or somthing to break yourself (or i do at least) change the song or whatever it takes...i know what your talking about food and blood feeling...your senses are enhanced like 10x on mushies, and im surprized someone else said somthing about the faces shit...i will be tripping and look at someone and their face starts decaying or somthing changing hues and shit, and then kinda melting till there isn't nothing left...ive never been able to explain that to anyone else before..kinda neat. and you feel like your on the virdge of figuring somthing out, because the mushrooms take you down a preset path....u were ment to take those mushrooms at that moment right then, and you learn from your little umbrella friends...just listen to them, dont fight it...close your eyes and listen to them...they will show you amazing things.

-peace

--------------------
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.
-Bill Hicks (R.I.P)

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #3613613 - 01/11/05 06:15 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Deepman said:
GatorB, what doses were that at? More than 3grs I'd say?

First time an eighth, second time a little more than an eighth of aborts

InvisibleThin White Duke
Stranger
 User Gallery

#3613658 - 01/11/05 06:25 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

It certainly is amazing when you experience eternity. I manage to break the boundaries of time and just 'flow'.

Edited by Phumfeinz (01/11/05 06:26 PM)

Offlineduster
psychadelicgardener
Male User Gallery

Loc: ARIZONA,TRANSLVANIAA,ETC....
    #3613666 - 01/11/05 06:27 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Wow gator, you desribed my first 2 trips perfectly.. you'd be surprised how many people share the exact same effects it's really itnresting :]

--------------------
"Life is created out of the seeking of knowledge."

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: duster]
    #3614049 - 01/11/05 08:04 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

duster said:
Wow gator, you desribed my first 2 trips perfectly.. you'd be surprised how many people share the exact same effects it's really itnresting :]

Interesting indeed.

My trips always feel like I'm experiencing something that no one has ever experienced before, but it's amazing how alike these experiences can be.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

#3614733 - 01/11/05 10:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Aight, I have to agree. Alot of that shit is the same for me. Exactly the same. In fact, just BECAUSE I read this thread, I feel like I will be able to trip -better- just because I know it's not me experiencing these things alone, but others do (or have) as well.

Important points to note :

1.) A central idea that your mind cycles on. I think everybody has this phenomenon happen to them. And I agree that it's always different, but once you've settled on it that's that. No going back.

2.) I always feel like I'm on the verge of discovering something. Never do, and I don't think anybody really ever does. It's just a crazy experience that you can take from it what you will.

3.) Time ceases to exist - OH yeah. 3 hours my time into 5 minutes real time, or like 1 hour my time to the whole trip. It just never ceases to amaze me. That's the one thing I always just ponder deeply on mushrooms. Time. It's just alot different when you're on mushrooms.

4.) And my favorite, and the one that I'm glad you said.

"I also sometimes feel that everyone who's talking and I can't hear is talking about me. It's kind of a comical paranoia that I just shrug off. "

Wow. Perfect. I couldn't understand what you're saying MORE. I think EVERY sound I hear is about me. EVERY word someone says that I miss was directed at me. It's intense, and can be very distracting. I try to shrug it off and it sometimes works. Sometimes it doesnt.

Like for instance, on my last trip (which kind of sucked) a bunch of people came over to the apartment that I was in (that's why it sucked) and it just ruined the trip. I just had this wierd "if I close my eyes I can detect where everyone is because the energy is bad wherever they are" kind of thing. But anyway, the point is, I put my headphones on and listened to Shpongle but I could still hear their muffled speech. And I was 100% SURE that there was a huge fight because we were all on shrooms and everyone was pissed off at me for ignoring them and us for being fucked up. Not to mention nobody could really keep a conversation going because we were all on 4g. ANYWHO, the point is, when they left I asked what the fuck happened and they were like.."nothing dude. They just left." And I was shocked. Could have SWORN some huge fight went down.

Crazy shit.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineGatorB
Stranger
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: freddurgan]
    #3615312 - 01/12/05 12:29 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks for the input, Fred. It's nice to know other people understand even though you can't put into words the exact experiences of a trip.

In the immortal words of Floyd, "I cannot put my finger on it now."

OfflineTrippinNinjaBuddha
ShroominSamurai
    #3625219 - 01/13/05 09:50 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Nice post, bro!

When I trip I get a ridiculous sense of body awareness, too. I think that this is genuinely real. and now, when I smoke weed I get the same body high. I don't know if this is almost like a flashback or what, but it's neat to drink cold water and feel it's coolness sliding down my esophagus and into my stomach. So interesting to see what our brains naturally filter out, huh?

When I trip, I consistently get the feeling that everyone and everything is really connected. It's a very zen 'I am one with the universe' kind of deal. My bro that I trip with and I are constantly perpetuating this belief by saying the same thing at the same time when we are tripping, often out of nowhere.

Also, I get a very strong feeling that lingers with me of 'no-mind'. Instead of thinking constantly about what is happening, my brain is silent and I just experience the world fully. Letting it permeate me and totally fill me, but not lingering on it. It's a state of mind I can attain with some good meditation too =D.

Time is fucked up for me, too.

--------------------
Jumped in a river, what did I see?
Black eyed angels swimming with me
Moon full of stars and astral cars, all the figures I used to see
All my lovers were there with me
All my past and all my futures
We went to heaven in a little rowboat
There was nothing to fear and nothing to doubt

OfflineWind_Drifter
Hooded Evolver
Loc: interplanetary wood
Re: Tripping Phenomenons... some physiological aspects too (lengthy) [Re: TrippinNinjaBuddha]
    #3628220 - 01/14/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Tripping (to me)is always a relay of information. Most of the time I feel like I am receiving more information than giving, but a lot about tripping is how you interpret and perceive that information. It is an infinite exploration... maybe you always can feel the energy coursing through your body, your pulse rise, your eyes dilate and contract. The trip just makes of aware of certain things. You may find in time these things can become ever more important.

--------------------
"a new and beautiful light cast upon the world, the blissful intensity of life combined with the dematerialization of the surrounding reality and complete loss of ego triggered new and aware consciencenious; steadily evolving...."
Per Aspera Ad Astra

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Shpongle

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience