Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
When to take someone to the hospital.
    #3610354 - 01/11/05 12:21 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

It seems that when different people report adverse consequences from chemical ingestion, different opinions are given as to when a person should be taken to the hospital.

When anyone's life is in danger, they should seek medical help. Your health/person is the most important possession to you, and if you are in a chemical induced poisoning, get help.

Don't take random pills! You should know what pill you are taking before you take it! Come on guys, this is basic.

What are your thoughts on when someone needs to go to the hospital? Seems psychedelic drug users like to steer clear of the hospital because immediate bodily harm is not present, regardless of the headset of the tripper.

The purpose of this post is to spread knowledge on when you should help someone seek medical advice.

Correlation is not causation!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Wasted For Time
 User Gallery

Re: When to take someone to the hospital. [Re: Signo]
    #3610364 - 01/11/05 12:23 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.bruceeisner.com/ -Creating a Sensible Culture

dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Yawning Chasm
    #3610452 - 01/11/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

When they are in obvious undeniable physical danger.......bad trips can be ridden out with help, and it's always better to stay away from hospitals during bad trips...but, if they are acting violent, and ABSOLUTELY cannot be calmed down, then medical intervention is needed. Seriously though, situations like this can be resolved in better ways.......as long as you know what you're doing. Drug overdoses are more obvious.....you can tell when the people need serious help, i've been in these situations and survived without medical help......However, those instances were influenced by higher powers, and i'm lucky to be alive.....if you think your life, or the life of your friend is in danger get help right away. As someone said in a previous OD thread, it's better to be grounded or facing your loved ones than 6 feet under. Whether death is fun, or there is such a thing as infinite lives is beside the point.......Dying of a drug overdose will hurt your family and friends so deeply, they'll probably never be fully over it. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by Dark_Star (01/11/05 12:43 AM)

The Heaviest OfThem All

Loc: British Columbia
    #3610470 - 01/11/05 12:46 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

There's so many idiots doing drugs, it's really not suprising most drugs are illegal.

Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: When to take someone to the hospital. [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #3610492 - 01/11/05 12:51 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Especially alcohol, look at all the stupid things people do on that. Get in fights, crash cars, puke in random places, piss in the middle of the road, pass out, overdose, commit suicide...

No wonder it's illegal.

Usually people should not be taken to the hospital unless sustaining a physical injury or overdose that requires hospitalization, but every experience is unique, so it's rather hard to just generalize it as such. Just use common sense most of the time

So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience