Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesoco
Loc: your window
Color of light & Mycelium/Primorida
    #360979 - 07/25/01 09:19 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Whats up, I am wondering if the total color of the light the mycelium and primorida is exposed to would make any difference. I have not done any experments, but may.

Has anyone tried using, all different color of lights? Whats your thoughts?

I know mushys don't need light, ie, like a plant, but they do need a bit to form the pins. Which the small amount might not make a difference, but then again it may.........

Whats your ideas?

Peace,
SoCo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenishikkiknee
journeyman
Re: Color of light & Mycelium/Primorida [Re: soco]
    #360980 - 07/25/01 09:26 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

my gorilla freind has not done any controlled experimentation on this but he has used 2 different kind of florescent lights
both 20 watt, one just a regular warm white bulb the other a plant bulb (full spectrum ) and he thinks the full spectrum bulb gives much better results, Maybe this is is just a fluke but he only uses the full spectrum anymore.
hope this helps

OfflineMindQuester

Loc: Oregon, USA
Re: Color of light & Mycelium/Primorida [Re: soco]
    #360998 - 07/25/01 09:58 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Always heard the blue spectrum of light worked best with shrooms.

--------------------
My presence here, any of the words I read, or any of the words I write are for the specific purposes of researching a novel in progress.
There is a good Mindquester and a bad Mindquester.

Anonymous

Re: Color of light & Mycelium/Primorida [Re: MindQuester]
    #361006 - 07/25/01 10:29 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, blue light is supposed to be the answer to your question although i've never seen it make much of a difference!

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.SporeLab.com
email: getspores@sporelab.com

Offlinesoco
Loc: your window
Re: Color of light & Mycelium/Primorida [Re: ]
    #361026 - 07/25/01 10:55 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

O Capt., yeah,... Thats neat, I had never know that. I have always seen the ambiant light from a window, and extra MH light from a 100 watt HM, that is used for seedlings worked, so it was never touched. (it it's not broken don't fix it)

I wonder how different light spectrums would effect the pin, and mycelium growth. I don't think it would make them grow in any different shapes......

I also wonder if contaminants could be effected by light. like a spectrum to slow, or stop em.. Just ideas, I had never thought of. Bacteria will grow in about any condition though, like darkness, sunlight, ambiant light etc.

Peace,
SoCo

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies