Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Scotchbroom? Psychotropic?
    #3609619 - 01/10/05 07:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I read in a few articles online recently that you could get really high off of scotch broom. I read on some nature sites that it was more of a poisoning feeling... anyone have any experience with this or should I guinnie pig for this particular experiment? how do you think i should prepare it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3609627 - 01/10/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I am not sure what this is that you speak of>? Scotchbroom...lemme google.

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

OfflineInnerBeing
Yakuza Boss

Loc: Chinatown
Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: InnerBeing]
    #3609634 - 01/10/05 07:36 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, you sure can according to Erowid.

--------------------
Kiss the ring Bitch!

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3609662 - 01/10/05 07:44 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i got a thread in here about this. tehre is a really toxic chemical in it. but yes you can. they would ferment then smoke i believe.

check the other thread, and check this link. it has a ton of things in it, i dont remember which were bad. neuro or stonehenge probably know.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #3609712 - 01/10/05 07:55 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Taken from http://shaman-australis.com.au/shop/index.php?cPath=21_26_69

Cytisus spp Scotch Broom, Broom

Botanical information
Cytisus scoparius (Scotch broom) is an evergreen shrub, that grows to a height of 3m with a spread of 2m. The stem is slender and erect, with arching branches; the leaves are trifoliate; the flowers are yellow, solitary or paired, and pea shaped, occurring in the leaf axils.
Cytisus scoparius is a native of the UK and Europe. It prefers light to medium, slightly acidic soils in an open, sunny position, and is drought and frost resistant.
Propagation is by seed.

Traditional uses
Cytisus scoparius: A tea of the flowers is used in traditional european medicine as a blood cleanser and diuretic. In recent years the smoking of the flowers has become popular in the herbal high drugculture, producing mild psychoactive effects on its own. More merit is given to smoking this herb in combination with other psychoactive herbs and it appears to have a synergistic effect with several of these, including cannabis.

Pharmacology
Cytisus scoparius: The tops of the plant contain the quinolizidine alkaloid sparteine, which has been shown to attach to acetylcholine receptors. This commonly increases the effects of other psychoactive substances. Sparteine has diuretic and hypoglycaemic properties. The presence of cytisine in this species is disputed. Cytisine has a stronger acetylcholinergic activity than spartein, but is also more toxic to humans.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: BorgFace]
    #3609731 - 01/10/05 08:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thats so sick. its such a pest here... but those yellows flowers ill collect from now on and maybe see how it feels... anyone who cares to try i have plenty for trade.

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

#3609754 - 01/10/05 08:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ya isnt it crazy ho wbad it spreads?  we cant kill the stuff here.  and its killing a lot of antive species.  maybe if enough people want to get high off it we can put a dent in its population :grin:

look into its toxicity.  its pretty serious chemical.  how much is in there im not sure.

--------------------

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
    #3609775 - 01/10/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Be careful with this one.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: gdman]
    #3611684 - 01/11/05 07:45 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah - semi-related (the same chemical toxin, but more of it!) to the "red-bean" ("mescal bean") cult...
1/2 of a roasted bean could be a lethal dose...

as to scotch broom & canary broom, i dunno what the lethal dose of smoking broom plants might be, but eating or drinking large amount could be a very bad idea...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: gnrm23]
    #3611934 - 01/11/05 09:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I tried to grow it and they all died on me. That's the way it is with a lot of invasive plants. You can't grow them very easily but they go wild in the right climate.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Offlinekadakuda
 User Gallery

Re: Scotchbroom? Psychotropic? [Re: Stonehenge]
    #3614547 - 01/11/05 07:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

if you want to grow it get a bucket of large crushed rock. fill 3/4 then put say a couple inches of 1/4" type gravel shake a lot and let it settle and such. then put some peaty dirt in and let it in the cracks. i would start a seedling and put a 6"+ plant in taht bucket.

the 2 things that are gonna kill them are too much water and too little light. grow tehm like a pedro with a tad more water and a lot more outdoor light... your in the states it will grow year round wherever you are. if you want seeds pm me i think theres probably lots still on the plants here. but dont let it invade your area! tehse things have litereally thousands of seeds per plant on a largish one. they have pods like desmanthus, just much bigger.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale