Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexxsoultonesxx
fuc

has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking?
    #3607998 - 01/10/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

in my case, pot, but smoking in general is a bad habit for many people. has anyone ever decided to quit by taking a heavy dose of shrooms? and if you have, could you share any advice you might have before i embark on my trip?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: xxsoultonesxx]
    #3608298 - 01/10/05 03:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

might work if u get aload of friends to shout at you that they are bad for u LOL, duno, maybe

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: cadam]
    #3608706 - 01/10/05 04:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Having never combatted a major addiction, ie crack, cocaine, heroine etc, My opinion should be taken as a grain of sand.

However, I feel that controlling your habits is all in your head. I smoke cigarettes, but i constantly monitor my intake of them. Maximum 5 a day for 2 years, and i could quit right now if i wanted to, but i like to smoke. I smoke pot daily, but usually only one small bowl.

You cant fall into the train of thought that you "need" a drug, rather that you enjoy doing a drug. If you wish to quit smoking you need only remind yourself why you are quitting when you feel the desire to smoke.

My .02 cents

If you do plan on using a trip to make you quit, some ideas would be to look at pictures online of lungs after heavy smoking, health risks, etc. But that may just scare you into quitting, and possibly cause a bad trip ( thinking that your lungs are already destroyed is not an idea i want on my mind when im exploring the cosmos.)

In my opinion, use such substances MODERATELY. Moderation is the key word.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: CPT_InSaNo]
    #3609035 - 01/10/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

how can you say that smoking pot everyday is moderation?

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: JTHM]
    #3609065 - 01/10/05 05:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

because the people i am around smoke on average 1/4 to a 1/2 ounce a day. an oz of pot lasts me around a year. thats why its moderation. (no it dosnt last that long because i am bumming pot off of others, i only smoke 1/2 to 2/3 of a bowl a day and im good.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
    #3609082 - 01/10/05 05:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like an adiction to me.
ad?dic?tion - The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: xxsoultonesxx] * 1
    #3609087 - 01/10/05 05:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

When it comes to quitting anything addictive, it's all about how bad you want to stop. Tripping can help some people realize the damage they're doing to themselves and others around them and stop.

Just ponder smoking while tripping, I think you'll come up with more than enough reasons to quit if that's really what you want to do. But if that's really what you want to do, you could without any psychedelic aid. Tripping can just help put things in sharper focus or from a different perspective than you're accustomed to.

Make sure you don't get stuck in thought loops about smoking. Personally, I wouldn't try to focus a whole trip about smoking. I'd just do some tripping, and if it's something that's been on my mind it would probably come up.

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

President Dwight Eisenhower, 1953

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3609099 - 01/10/05 05:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

However, I feel that controlling your habits is all in your head. I smoke cigarettes, but i constantly monitor my intake of them. Maximum 5 a day for 2 years, and i could quit right now if i wanted to, but i like to smoke. I smoke pot daily, but usually only one small bowl.

No offense, but try one cig a week and I will begin to believe that you aren't addicted... 5 a day is pretty addicted

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3609100 - 01/10/05 05:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Double post

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3609121 - 01/10/05 05:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JTHM said:
sounds like an adiction to me.
ad?dic?tion - The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something

Nothing about his posts hinted at compulsion.  If someone can smoke a small bowl a day and no more, I admire their self control.  For me, pot tends to be an all or nothing thing -- at least a 1/2 oz a week or none at all.  But when it's none at all, I hardly think about it after the first couple days.

You want compulsion, get to know some cokeheads.  (Actually don't, you'll be much better off.)

Though I don't see how you could smoke every day (in any amount) and have an O last a year.  :tongue:

--------------------
"A nation's hope of lasting peace cannot be firmly based upon any race in armaments but rather upon just relations and honest understanding with all other nations...

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed... The cost of one modern heavy bomber is this: a modern brick school in more than 30 cities. We pay for a single fighter with a half million bushels of wheat. We pay for a single destroyer with new homes that could have housed more than 8,000 people..."

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3609155 - 01/10/05 05:50 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ld50negative1 said:
Quote:

No offense, but try one cig a week and I will begin to believe that you aren't addicted... 5 a day is pretty addicted

agreed, sounds like you have some addictions of your own. smoking 5 cigs a day and saying you can quit, but you dont. smoking pot everyday.
i quit smoking cigarettes cold turkey when i started kung fu cause i knew it would make my respiratory system better. about two weeks after quitting you cough alot but after a week of coughing its all good and it does make a difference. i never smoke weed during the school year and its never been a habit to do it over my breaks from college. some winter/summer breaks i will toke every once in a while and some breaks i dont, but i NEVER toke during the school year. it effects my thinking and stuff,plus its a good break. this winter break was my first time getting stoned in 1 and 1/2 years.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
    #3609165 - 01/10/05 05:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

some people have light habits and some people have heavy habits. dont compare a cokehead with a pothead.(two different habits) smoking weed every day is habitual and is therefor and addiction.

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3609199 - 01/10/05 06:04 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ld50negative1 said:
Quote:

What are you talking about?  5 a day is very little.  Most addicted people smoke at least 20 a day.  I wasnt addicted smoking 2 a day (to and from school, get them from a girl i drive in) and i up and stopped smoking for ski season, and havent even gotten a craving.  I just enjoy smoking, so i have one once and a while.  I wouldnt consider 5 a day to have much of a physical addiction.

Physical and mental addiction are two totally different things.  What you feel from pot is a mental addiction, or psychological addiction.  You are not physically addicted and could quite without negative body side affects.  This effect is similar to the one with cocaine, as it is only mentally addictive.  This can be tough to quit for people with addictive personalities.  but drugs like heroin, tobacco, and alcohol all make you become physically addicted, or have a physiological addiction.  this is when you feel like you need the drug to survive, and you will feel negative side effects when trying to quit.  Normal body functions will go out of whack and your body temperature could fluctuate.  If you are badly addicted, you could cause death if you just up and stop.  Even though it takes 2 weeks of persistant usage to become addicted to heroin, it can make you psychologically addicted right from the start.

bleh, post probably reads really sloppy.  Tryed to type it up real fast before dinner  :crazy2:

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Edited by EternalMetal (01/10/05 06:30 PM)

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3609230 - 01/10/05 06:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i was talking about mental addictions. even if it isnt bad, or as bad for your body, doesnt mean its not an addiction.

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3609240 - 01/10/05 06:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There's a big difference between habits and addictions. If someone smokes a small bowl daily, that's certainly a habit. But if they can quit without withdrawl and it doesn't interfere with thier lives, that's not an addiction.

There are clinical guidelines for what constitutes addiction. If you're going to go around labeling others, I suggest you at least know what they are.

On the other hand, he's probably at least mildly addicted to cigs, but if he says he could quit, I believe him. Quitting's just a matter of degree of desire.

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3609297 - 01/10/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

This effect is similar to the one with cocaine, as it is only mentally addictive. This can be tough to quit for people with addictive personalities. but drugs like heroin, tobacco, and alcohol all make you become physically addicted, or have a physiological addiction. this is when you feel like you need the drug to survive, and you will feel negative side effects when trying to quit. Normal body functions will go out of whack and your body temperature could fluctuate. If you are badly addicted, you could cause death if you just up and stop. Even though it takes 2 weeks of persistant usage to become addicted to heroin, it can make you psychologically addicted right from the start.

Well, first of all, the only withdrawls that will kill are from drugs that mess with the gaba system (alcohol, benzos).

Nicotine acts much like cocaine in the way it rewards your brain with a boost of dopamine (though nicotine will make you sick/dead before you can get very high on it). I knew a woman that claimed she was physically ill when she didn't get coke before she quit. I was skeptical because you'd have to be dosing every few hours for weeks to get to that point, but I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility (she was screwing a MAJOR dealer at the time).

And you can get withdrawls with less than two weeks herion use. Some people get them much quicker, it depends on alot of different factors.

--------------------

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Re: has anyone used shrooms to stop smoking? [Re: Tantalus]
    #3609314 - 01/10/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

pot creates physical addictions, and it has withdrawals. maybe not as nasty as heroin, but nasty enough to effect your health and life. smoking weed everyday effects the chemicals your brain puts out and creates a dependency, and dont tell me it doesnt.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
    #3609323 - 01/10/05 06:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ive noticed that this is getting kinda off topic, because we arent referring to quitting with shrooms. if you want to start a new post, let me know.

InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
    #3609333 - 01/10/05 06:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i dunno how shrooms would help you quit smoking reefer.

--------------------

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #3609342 - 01/10/05 06:35 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

JTHM said:
and dont tell me it doesnt.

It doesn't.  :grin:

I don't feel the need for another post, I've said enough.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag