Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
premonitions of mushrooms
    #3607897 - 01/10/05 03:35 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I had a terrifying trip from 30g of fresh mexican cubies made into a tea. And the last time i tripped before that I had a similar experience. The two times, one before christmass and this last just 2 days ago seemed like part 1 and part 2. like i went straight back to the same place (or state of mind) to finish the story.

As I was drinking the shroom tea I decided to get the bus down to the market (camden town market in london), because for a while now i've been meaning to get a new pipe, and I decided that this was a good time because I wasn't really worried about losing basic the ability to function while tripping. I got right to the back of the bus where noone else was sitting. As the bus started going down to camden I must have been tripping fairly strongly without having any idea of it.

As I was thinking my thoughts began to focus on what was happening to me. This is what happened on my trip before christmass, a bad bad sign. This always makes me feel bad, and it is certainly the main reason for my first bad trip, the time before. I began to get feelings that I had done things before. Specifically I saw out of the window someone I knew walking down the road (surely to his flat in camden). Now I was, as I am now, absolutely sure I had seen him in the exactly same place, in the exact same setting (me on the bus to camden). But I couldn't remember when this could have been. I have surely been to camden by this same bus route once before, but that was before I even knew this guy. The memory, which previously I do not remember knowing I had, was and is so strong that I do know think I must have taken this same bus to camden during my last trip. It is scarey to think that I did not even remember that. Back to the bus ride: other less memorable thoughts of de ja vu occured to me. I understand feelings of de ja vu are common with magic mushrooms, so at the point I would probably have left things at that, had not things got a little more weird...

At one stop in came a middle aged english looking woman with a chinese boy who i assumed to be her son, looking like he was around 10 years old. by now the bus had quite a few people on it, so she came and sat down at the back of the bus next to me. This seemed perfectly normal. I continued thinking about things, and I was looking out for when I was supposed to get off. The woman's behavior then began to bother me. She seemed to be continuously glancing at me then looking away. At first I really didn't care, I was listing to my cd player and tried not to take notice. Then I noticed that this little boy had one of his arms round her. They were not behaving as mother and son at all. this little kid was acting like he was dating her! I took off my ear phones absolutely freaked out. I KNEW this exact thing had happened before. I was sure of it though the memories were fragmented, I was in a bus on the same route, going down to camden. I don't know whether this was during a trip or not, I have no idea when it was but i had seen these two people before, and I had had the same thoughts about what the hell was doing on with them. She seemed digustingly evil to me, the boy too. Then I began to suspect they were possibly talking about me. I struggled to make out their convosation, not easy as I had probably already peaked on the mushrooms, but I was surely not hallucinating this, I felt was totally in control this time at least (in contrast to the theoretical mystery-journey I may have had), and those people were right next to me. It sounded at one point like they were considering moving away from me, because I stank. Hearing this shocked me, I certainly did not stink, did i? I check my body, scared that I might have trodden in some shit or something, but I was fine, my clothes were clean and I had washed today as I do everyday. An idea struck me, that maybe these two people were some gimmick, like those real life comedy artists/actors to act out gimmicks in public trying to get attention and freak people out. I again had the feeling that I had already thought all this out before, and in fact I had been all over this ground before, why was I re-living what I had already done? How on earth is it possible that I had seen this pair of freaks twice, even if I had someone taken the bus to camden on the day of my last mushroom trip (though i'm sure I did not!)?

So I finally then got off at one of the stops, leaving me utterly terrified, I spent a while wondereing around lost in camden, comtemplating on what was going on, before walking back (i didn't want to get the bus again) without going to the market. I then felt extremely strongly, and still do, then these two entities that I had seen are somehow connected to satan. Before that trip I believed, or thought I believed, then no such thing existed. I have always strongly believed in god, but not the devil. I could just sense the evil oozing out of those people, in the shape of a middle ages woman, gray hair, and an oriental looking little boy, her lover.

Other things I believe I thought about about in that trip was how it may be possible to somehow attain a state where you can see all the possible realities that exist just because you can make them happen. As we travel down time at each point we have infinite choices, each leading to a different world. If you pick one serious of decisions you go there, another leads to to something else. The magnitude of this possibility and its implications astounded me. The idea that I may have someone seen what was down my own path astounded me. On that trip I had, which bear in mind was under very similar conditions (except that I don't remember taking the bus to camden then), I thought I had seen this evil couple. Then just two days ago I saw them, but surely it was for the first time.

Thanks for reading this rambling and probably poorly written account, which by the way left me shattered till next morning. I haven't gotten into how bad I felt after that bus journey as I was still tripping - it's very hard to explain why but I was so dissillusioned, it's like the mushroom showed me exactly what was wrong with my life. It isn't directly relavant to what this post it about though, so nevermind that. Please tell me if you've had similar/dissimilar thoughts about anything along this line of premonitions, or what you think about psycadelic de ja vu.

edit: just to try and make this clearer, the specific premonition I am wondereding about is how I felt that I knew, even if I didn't remember it, the events of this trip. I haven't mentioned all the things that I felt I had seen before, because this would just take too long. I felt like I had been lost in camden before, and I just didn't remember it because I remembered so little about my thoughts from that last trip. I had already wondered around the same streets looking for a way back to euston. I had already thought all the same thoughts. I had been there and done that all before... but when is the question. Perhaps we can somehow, and to some unknown extent and accuracy, we can place ourselves in the furture on our trips? Even though this idea absolutely fascinates me I have absolutely no intention of tripping again any time soon...

Edited by Orecalimo (01/10/05 03:48 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: premonitions of mushrooms [Re: Orecalimo]
    #3608666 - 01/10/05 06:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Most likely, it was de ja vu (sp?) I get these feelings ALL the time. At one point i had a dream about smoking pot, before i had ever smoked it. about 3 months later, when i tried it, the night went exactly like the dream i had 3 months earlier. I have many dreams with flashes of imagery, that i later see and remember seeing in my dream. Usually when these moments occur, it feels as though a mild electrical shock takes place in my mind.

I have no doubts about the precognitive capabilities of the human mind, and I think that you had a similar moment when you had these thoughts.

As far as the shrooms effect, this may freak out some people, one time while tripping i pictured a friend of mine crying and tearing up pictures and throwing them away. The next day I talked with her and she told me the night before she and her boyfriend had gotten into a fight and she had torn up a picture of them and threw it away. Dont take psychedelics lightly...

One thing that definately didnt help your trip was doing it in public. In general, it is best to trip in privacy.

"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: premonitions of mushrooms [Re: Orecalimo]
    #3609708 - 01/10/05 09:54 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Nothing good example of bad planning of the set and setting of a trip.

Only take psychadelic drugs in places you trust, unless you really trust the drug.

This is the only time I really feel alive.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience