Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
plucking early forming pins
    #3443411 - 12/03/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Staments states that early forming pins inhibits the maturation of surrounding primordia. Which results in less yeild because that early bird usually grows huge and your have less pins as a result. I heartily agree with him from my experiance. Alot of time I don't bother unless its one or 2 max that are coming extreamly early and this usually gives me a better pinset. I was wondering how many of you storied cultivators do this and to what effect in your opinion?

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheHulk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #3607688 - 01/10/05 12:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

bump.. I am also wondering on your opinions on plucking early forming pins. thanx.

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: TheHulk]
    #3608085 - 01/10/05 02:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good "casing" patching is a better way to go, IMHO. You get early pins from area's where myc crops out - first & is allowed to form primordia. Rectify that by lightly adding more casing to those area's, until you have an even showing - then boot FRUIT.

It takes patience, but once the casing surface looks like this, you will get fairly even pinning:

--------------------

InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: agar]
    #3608120 - 01/10/05 02:32 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

On a cake, I am finding:
(First and foremost, I need a print, so, my very first cpl. "monsters" will fully mature")
Aside from that, I find that I "prune" it, so to speak. That helps alot, imho..
There also seems to be alot of controversy surrounding the potency of aborts, so...
hope that helps.
GL

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Edited by LouiseLouise (01/10/05 02:34 PM)

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: LouiseLouise]
    #3609263 - 01/10/05 06:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I will often sacrifice a few for the many and I'll tell ya it can make all the difference when you have early volunteers.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineTheHulk
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Milky Way Galaxy
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: hyphae]
    #3610494 - 01/10/05 10:53 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Here is why I wondered about plucking early pins. this is the 2nd flush, recased. Made a bad move when making this casing, the substrate layer was way too thin for the size of this tray.

there are already some more little pins popping up so I think i'm going to tell my friend to just let the pins be.. does anyone think my friend should pick the pins and let the casing colonize more?

--------------------
long live shroomery, much love :smile:

Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: TheHulk]
    #3611271 - 01/11/05 02:10 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know just what you mean. I probably should have picked this guy when he started out so the others could grow evenly. Oh well, I'm making a nice print with it right now. :smile:

--------------------

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: plucking early forming pins [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3611601 - 01/11/05 06:41 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Very nice "clonage" material there! worth keeping IMO.

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix