Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
as above so below
    #3603687 - 01/09/05 01:44 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this ancient axiom hold true in countless instances. One thing that comes to my mind is how this can be seen in relation to the cycle of birth and death.

Within our own bodies we can see that every heart beat is followed by a rest. each inhalation is followed by an exhalation. Moving up in the scale we see the cycle of the sun. It rises and sets. then the seasons flow cyclically. Winter brings temporary death, and spring a renewal of growth.

Continuing still upwards we see how the universe itself expands out into infinity before collapsing back into itself.

No matter what the scale, the same basic forces pulse with a similar rythm. positive and negative, birth and death. The universe itself has a heartbeat that directly mirrors our own.

To me this is a sound reason to believe in the rebirth of the soul, reincarnation after death.

This body is no more 'us' than a heartbeat or a breath. We dont cry when a cell in our body passes away, only to be instantly replaced. we dont cry with each pause between a renewed heartbeat. we dont sob when the sun goes down, because we know it will rise again. we slog though the cold winter assured of the coming spring. Even as the universe itself collapses into itself, a rebirth of all things is imminent.

so rest easy. On the cosmic scale of your soul, the death of this body is no more final or tragic than the breath you just let out, the brief pause between heat beats,, or the setting of the sun.

as above, so below. rebirth follows death.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: as above so below [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3603924 - 01/09/05 02:42 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

in this way we detect fractals too which seem to be statistically prevalent in all aspects of nature and self replicating pattern.

also it is an essential part of great art where elements are repeated in an essential way, constantly recombined, naturally.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
    #3603965 - 01/09/05 02:52 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Beautiful!

Thank you...

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #3604789 - 01/09/05 05:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

To me this is a sound reason to believe in the rebirth of the soul, reincarnation after death.

What exactly do you mean? That when a battery runs out in your walkman that energy isn't used up but will go on to animate another AA duracell? I think it's a lot more likely that the energy within that battery, though it will "continue existing", has been scattered into the cosmos and won't ever find anything like a battery again.

"As above so below" doesn't support your belief (don't forget to explain whatever that is) any more than I do (even though you haven't let on what it is). In fact I suspect that using the same principle you do, I could argue for the complete opposite. Though your belief (whatever it is) could be said to be in line with the "as above so below" principle, it's not the only one and the principle doesn't actually reach any specific conclusions including your as-of-yet undefined one. It's a framework to place around any two entities, that's all.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: as above so below [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3604929 - 01/09/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it is just a reasonable pattern searching directive, not much more than that.

--------------------

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3604944 - 01/09/05 06:29 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"As above so below" doesn't support your belief (don't forget to explain whatever that is) any more than I do (even though you haven't let on what it is). In fact I suspect that using the same principle you do, I could argue for the complete opposite. Though your belief (whatever it is) could be said to be in line with the "as above so below" principle, it's not the only one and the principle doesn't actually reach any specific conclusions including your as-of-yet undefined one. It's a framework to place around any two entities, that's all. "

in all honesty i cant find enough meaning in what you just said to form a response. but presumably your feel the same thing about me.

still thats the most confused paragraph ive read recently, no doubt.

:confused:

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3605129 - 01/09/05 07:19 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

still thats the most confused paragraph ive read recently, no doubt

as above so below, dude. look what I was responding to.

basically, without all the parantheses and some of the rambling, I was just deconstructing something without knowing what it was, which is difficult.. like masturbating in the dark without a penis. So, explain what you mean by reincarnation, then I'll have something to work with.

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3605188 - 01/09/05 07:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"like masturbating in the dark without a penis"

if you try to masturbate without a penis, your likely to fail. Similarly...

but whatever.

"So, explain what you mean by reincarnation, then I'll have something to work with. "

from the dictionary:

Rebirth of the soul in another body.
A reappearance or revitalization in another form; a new embodiment:

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

#3605308 - 01/09/05 08:16 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

you wrote the dictionary?

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3606587 - 01/10/05 02:06 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I think what Mix is getting at is that your original thread-starting post smacks suspiciously of being rich in words yet impoverished in meaning. thus:

a;lsdj kngbopia scvc kljahsd9 9as8dyhkasbf 3jkh43trs kjasdo 09asdhoh jsdh; l lasdjkhl sadlkh;d ;lsad h;l h;lash;wkleb.,as ljksdhox8970as hasd097as[09dvy;lw4htb.2j4lb .jh 408yp 08yaps089 7g-as0g;asoigh;34oig,t hjcmnasbd vliz uxch vhjsd b3v,jh v3,lk3hfv3k fjv fl3kjg lkj glk jg lkjg lkj gl23kj4gf lkg39 78fywep08 y0d98ys dp uhpc089yd f0ps l lasdjkhl sadlkh;d ;lsad h;l h;lash;wkleb.,as ljksdhox89 70as hasd 097as[09dvy;lw4ht b.2j4lb .jh 408yp 08yaps089 7g- l lasdjkhl sadlkh;d ;lsad h;l h;lash;wkleb.,as ljks dhox8970as hasd097 as[09dvy;l w4htb.2j4lb .jh 408yp 08yaps089 7g- 55ghftlrmn3

therefore, rest easy, we'll all party together in Valhalla once we're dead.

huh?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: as above so below [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3606598 - 01/10/05 02:12 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Moonshoe, they have a point, even if they are not expressing it very well. Your post is worth reading, but there's nothing worth responding to because it's sort of vague. I read it, and enjoyed the "feeling" I got from it, but I don't know exactly how to respond to it.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3606946 - 01/10/05 06:32 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

fair enough. if you have nothing to respond with, dont feel obligated.

"you wrote the dictionary"

no. i didnt write the dictionary.  :confused:

"long in words and short on meaning"

well my meaning was intended to be very simple. as above so below. laws that function at the highest levels of the universe also function at the lowest. thus the cycles of generation and destruction, birth death and rebirth , occur as much on the universal level as the cellular level.

The main point i was trying to drive home though, is that those laws also occur at the individual level on which 'we' (as we know it ) exist. all im trying to say is that just as one breath is followed by another, a heartbeat by the next, spring disapears and returns, the universe expands and collapses, so to does the individual human soul go through patterns of birth and death and rebirth.

What i am trying to say is that it is not worth fearing our own deaths any more than we fear the setting of the sun or the passing of the seasons. everything returns full circle.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3607152 - 01/10/05 08:48 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

this is also a mystical instruction, to advise the student to be accepting of events changing like weather...
also whatever you study, the patterns you learn will be applied elsewhere, i.e.to help integrate seemingly unrelated memories.

(the study of mnemonics confirms that)

it is again a model of mind that is not incorrect, if you give it a chance to mean something useful.

on teh4 other hand, it could also be used to mean something stupid or to be a goofy excuse for crimes, such as by pointing at george shrub, for instance, and then hurting someone who might interfere with profit.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

#3607246 - 01/10/05 09:33 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

universe expands and collapses I aint no expert (though I do try to sound like one at all times), but last I heard, They had declared that there isn't enough matter in the Universe to start the collapse of the Universe again through gravity. it's a contest between gravity pulling together and expansion momentum outwards, right? well apparently there isn't enough mass to counteract the momentum, so the Universe will keep expanding forever, cooling off, all the stars will burn out, soon there will be no light anywhere. (and when I say 'soon' I mean 'not very soon at all', though I don't know the time scales.)

of course, by then humans will have evolved into beings of pure light and intention and will be able to create matter and energy out of nothing, thus halting the expansion of the Universe... that's a good idea.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3607259 - 01/10/05 09:41 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

might work like that
but also
apparently there is a tremendous amount of dark matter
which could fit into all the arcane equations better.
we might like being beings of light though
wonder what that is like.

--------------------

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Re: as above so below [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3607391 - 01/10/05 10:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yeah apparently they took dark matter into account, and even if like 90% of the Universe were dark matter it still wouldn't be enough

apparently.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#3607425 - 01/10/05 11:16 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

it hurts my head if I think of universes that are sub atomic or atoms that are composed of para-galactic content in which we are infinitesimal, but every direction seems to be full of endless creation

--------------------

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: as above so below [Re: redgreenvines]
    #3607558 - 01/10/05 12:06 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I would suggest reading from the kaballah since that is some of the earliest (maybe THE earliest) references to this concept. The tree of life is supposed to represent all of the components of the universe (this includes the tree diagram itself and the nothingness on which it rests ((ain in Hebrew)). Each step or number on the tree of life (Sephiroth) enables the next step. It almost exactly mirrors the concepts of evolution in sacred geometry, as in 1 is begot from 0, 2 from the reflection of the point or 1(monad), etc. These same characteristics are believed to be contained in the human body as well. Adam Kadmon is the name given to the heavenly man whose body corresponds to the Universe-the Macroscopic in the Microscopic. This is certainly not definitive or complete but is a very stable starting point for anyone interested. A good entry level book on the Kaballah is A Garden of Pomegranates by Israel Regardie. This is as easy reading as you can get on this subject, without knowing Ancient Hebrew that is.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
    #3607599 - 01/10/05 12:18 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Here are some links if you want to study the KABALAH start here before investing in books.

.kabbalah.com/k/index I recommend typing this address in because the link doesn't work right from here for some reason.

The KABALAH can be confusing to a beginner of this study.

Edited by Cosm (01/12/05 08:36 AM)

Offlineaeonblue
OrganicSpiral

Loc: northeast us
Re: as above so below [Re: Cosm]
    #3617050 - 01/12/05 08:09 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I always recommend books...............because I really like books.

--------------------
The trouble with our times is that the future is not what it used to be.

Paul Valery

www.dailygrail.com

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags