Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

I quit my job!
    #3603197 - 01/09/05 11:34 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm freeeeeeee!!...for a couple days anyway, then i gotta go find another one :rolleyes: i'm completely fed up with them treating me like shit. just cause i don't have a college degree yet and am completely replaceable, they get this idea that i am dirt, here for their entertainment and masochistic pleasures.
working ungodly hours, barely making more than minimum wage, no extra pay for working holidays (i did 14 hrs on christmas day)..feel free to tell me to quit bitchin :wink: but this crappy job is a huge load off my chest and i felt like sharing..
more importantly though, i've been feeling like it's time to make some drastic changes in my life. i feel like i've gotten too content with mediocrity. getting C's in classes, being lazy, working a job i hate, being stoned 24/7..it's all become A OK with me, and i'm starting to think it's affecting me more than i know, and may be affecting other areas of my life, such as socialization. i think i might give up weed for a while :shrug: i don't know, but getting rid of that job is a start. i think i'm gonna take up some different hobbies and just try to change some of my bad habits. i'm starting glass blowing lessons this week, that excites me :thumbup:
well, i am sorry for all the rambling :smile: hope you're all having a chilled sunday afternoon. :peace:  :heart:

Hendo

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCherryBomM
Yoga Gypsy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ontario
Re: I quit my job! [Re: Hendostan]
    #3603206 - 01/09/05 11:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Good luck with job hunting, mang!

--------------------

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: I quit my job! [Re: CherryBom]
    #3603211 - 01/09/05 11:39 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i'm thinking about trying restaurants, i used to wait tables and had a blast doing it. i had cool people to work with, and walking out with a handful of cash every night is not a bad feeling

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#3603213 - 01/09/05 11:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

that sounds like a sucky job... what did you do?

and i too started making changes.

got rid of a annoying, negative 'friend' yesterday

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: I quit my job! [Re: StonedShroom]
    #3603234 - 01/09/05 11:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

worked 3rd shift behind a hotel front desk, 11pm-7am. it was an easy job, but mind-numbing.

OfflineJTHM
Stranger of theLand
Loc: Still trying to figure it...
Re: I quit my job! [Re: StonedShroom]
    #3603237 - 01/09/05 11:49 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

pot seriously does mess with your head if you smoke it on a regular basis. it was messing up my school and work in a baaaaad way. i only smoke on my summer/winter breaks from college now. im waiting for when i retire, then ill be f***ed up everyday and it wont take a toll on my life.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3603271 - 01/09/05 11:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hendostan said:

i'm thinking about trying restaurants, i used to wait tables and had a blast doing it. i had cool people to work with, and walking out with a handful of cash every night is not a bad feeling

Yeah, I work in restaurants, waiting tables. It is the best job for someone that is going to make minimum wage, but dealing with shitty people day in and day out just plain out sucks!! I have done it since I was like 18. I have a college degree in buisness, but I have a marijuana felony on my record, so the degree is now toilet paper. :sad:
So I was thinking of going back in for a horticulture degree and, eventually, opening my own nursery. Anyway, good luck Hendo and I'm glad that you quit that graveyard crap. There are plenty of jobs out there, my friend, and you shouldn't have a problem. You seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders. Peace. :sun: :sun:

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3603281 - 01/09/05 12:01 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, I used to work at a resort for almost four years, so I'm familiar with the bullshit of the hospitality industry.  Hoteliers do treat their employees like shit, so good for you! You're stickin' it to the man!

When I quit, I simply walked out.  It was Christmas Day (2003), and I needed a manager for something or another.  When I found out that every manager had taken off (no lower-level employee was allowed to stay @ home for x-mas), I said, "Fuck this place" and left.

It was the smartest thing I ever did.  I started hanging out with different people, stopped doing cocaine, focused more on my deejaying (just a hobby) and got a girlfriend that I've had for almost a year now.  So you see, it's good to quit when a job makes your life stagnant.  And even though I know how easy the front desk 3rd shift is, hotels still put their employees thru so much bullshit.  So, congrats to you!!!  I'm sure this will work out in your better interest. :cheers:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: I quit my job! [Re: Burke Dennings]
    #3603336 - 01/09/05 12:13 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

wow, thanks guys :sun: i am already feeling better about this decision. i was doubtful at first, cause of course it sucks being unemployed, but i will find a job, the bills will get paid somehow. life has a strange way of working itself out if you put some effort into it.
electrode - awesome story, man! i needed to hear something like that, thanks :smile:

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

#3603362 - 01/09/05 12:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, no prob, man.  I know exactly how you're feeling right now...apprehensive about not having a job and wondering "Should I have stayed?" but at the same time, you feel liberated and free.  I swear, hotels use similar methods as VietCong POW jailers to break your spirit.  But you got out in one piece.  I'm telling you, if your experience is like mine, in a few months you'll see how bad that job was for you.  I'm very happy for you! :grin:

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3603373 - 01/09/05 12:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You should have quit right before Christmas holidays to put more stress on them...  :grin:

also, quit smoking weed everyday...
save it for the weekends to celebrate the end of class/work to relax... make it more of a special thing to do instead of an everyday thing

--------------------

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #3603412 - 01/09/05 12:34 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Glass blowing will be fun.  Post some pics of the bongs & pipes you make  :goodluck:

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: I quit my job! [Re: pshawny]
    #3603430 - 01/09/05 12:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

That'd be an awesome hobby. I'd always wanted to learn, but I have little artistic inclination, and I'm rather accident prone. Best case scenario is that I'd be severly burning myself only to make shitty glass pieces.

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3603507 - 01/09/05 01:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You should be the first to make a glass vaporizer. (Similar to the light bulb tek. http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3273321/page//fpart/2/vc/1 )

That would be incredible and I would certainly order one from you. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleBurke Dennings
baby merchant

Re: I quit my job! [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3603788 - 01/09/05 02:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Dude, I would burn the shit out of myself if I tried glass blowing. I will, however, send you a "Make Your Own Vaporizor Kit", complete with lightbulb and my special lightbulb-innard-removal tools. Only 24.99$.

Invisibleblissedout
Male User Gallery

Loc: Yonder Flag
    #3603864 - 01/09/05 02:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
Dude, I would burn the shit out of myself if I tried glass blowing.  I will, however, send you a "Make Your Own Vaporizor Kit", complete with lightbulb and my special lightbulb-innard-removal tools.  Only 24.99$.

:lol:Good stuff!

--------------------

:murray:

InvisibleHendostan
I'm a teapot

Re: I quit my job! [Re: blissedout]
    #3604093 - 01/09/05 03:21 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:lol: we'll see how it goes, i'm not exactly known for my handywork and craftsmanship. if i survive and actually learn to make something of quality, i'll be sure to be posting pics :tongue2:

OfflineShroom_Herder
Get In...
 User Gallery

Loc: Where The Magic Trees Gro...
    #3604299 - 01/09/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Congratulations, your officially on welfare!

--------------------
We Can't Stop Here, This Is Bat Country

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3604309 - 01/09/05 04:08 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

electrode said:
Dude, I would burn the shit out of myself if I tried glass blowing. I will, however, send you a "Make Your Own Vaporizor Kit", complete with lightbulb and my special lightbulb-innard-removal tools. Only 24.99$.

Um.. maybe if you licked my testicles...

--------------------

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
    #3604348 - 01/09/05 04:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

good luck bro!  i also had to stop smoking/drinking so much.  i try and not drink at all, and jsut try and smoke weed on weekends or holidays/events if i feel like it.

but when we go hiking, you know theres gonna be some high times!  LOL.

what about parks jobs or somthing out there?  surly with hiking experience you could find somthing in that line?  if thats what you want to do anyway.  im lazy too, ive been meaning to call ministry of parks for about 3 years now :crazy:  but out your way i would assume theres some good job oppourtunity.

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order