Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebluefly
Stranger
peyote question
    #3602925 - 01/09/05 12:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I have just bought a peyote cactus and am looking forward to experiencing it with my friend. I haven't done it before, but I have long wanted to try it out. The cactus is about 10 - 12 years old, about 7.5 cm (3") in diameter, about 5 cm (2") in height, grown from seed in Europe, most likely under artificial light. There are about three wooly looking buds in each of the 8 vertical sections, the top has a wooly center about 1.8 cm, (3/4 of an inch) wide. I't's about the size and shape of a large mandarin orange. I would link to pictures, but, sadly, I am not root, so I can't set that up right now. If it would be more helpful for me to post pictures, pm me and I'll do it later.

I have quite a few questions. I would appreciate some help, if you know what you're talking about... I want a light trip, perhaps 6 or 7 hours long, nothing too heavy for my first adventure. Is this cactus big enough for both of us? Mild hallucinations would be nice... If I get nothing at all out of all the trouble and anticipation of obtaining the cactus, I'm going to be really disappointed. I want to make it into a decoction so that 1) we can down it fast and chase it with juice, thus avoiding the vile taste, and 2) because a couple people told me that this is a relatively low dose for two people. I think that by taking it all at once, on an empty stomach, we can maximise the effects. Soo..

Questions: Is this a reasonable sized dose for two? What, approximately, can we expect from a dose this size, as far as effects go? Do I have to harvest the entire plant? If I cut off the cactus and leave the roots in place, will the plant survive, or do I need to use the roots as well? If no, and if the plant will likely survive such treament, how can I care for the roots afterwards to ensure the plant's survival? How long should I simmer the plant in order to make a good decoction? How much water should I use? How should I prepare the cactus beforehand? Do I need to "sip" it, mix it with my saliva, or can I just swallow it all really fast and get the same effects? Any informed help would be most appreciated. I am on vacation and we are planning to trip in just a couple days, so the sooner you can reply, the better. Thanks a bunch.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: peyote question [Re: bluefly]
    #3603374 - 01/09/05 02:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

your going to need more than one for one person, like at least 4-6... I don't know much about peyote but I do know you that you need more than one and it probably has to be older, like 20-25 years. if you want mescalin there are other sources.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblepurpledropper
ishdunkenflunked
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: peyote question [Re: gdman]
    #3603569 - 01/09/05 03:15 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Get your hands on some san pedro instead

--------------------
"Now there's a look in your eyes like black holes in the sky."

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: peyote question [Re: purpledropper]
    #3607007 - 01/10/05 09:28 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if you carefull slice off just the top (the "pincushion" part) & leave the taproot in the soil, the plant will survive (consult cactus-growers for info on how to do this safely) & possibly grow several new "crowns" if you are lucky...

but it usually takes 3-8 peyote cactus tops to get a noticable "trip"... (obviously, several factor come into play here: total weight, alkaloid percentage, alkalid profile, etc.) but one cactus ain't gonna do it, man...

the sanpedro cactus is a possible alternative...
check out cactus info & links at:
www.mescaline.com
www.peyote.org
www.peyoteway.org
www.erowid.org
www.lycaeum.org
etc...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: peyote question [Re: gnrm23]
    #3607009 - 01/10/05 09:30 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

IT also takes 6-8 years for a peyote cactus to mature.

mj

They are slowly disappearing. maybe in twenty years they will be gone.

Then it will be San Pedro for the Indians of NA.

Offlinebluefly
Stranger
Re: peyote question [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3611576 - 01/11/05 08:20 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, I wonder if it will be enough too... I think what I will do today is go out and buy one trip's worth of San Pedro to add to it. It's much cheaper and more widely available. It would suck if we didn't at least get a threshhold dose. I don't want a heavy trip though. I haven't been stoned in about 2 years, and though I have always wanted to try peyote, I'm still kind of scared of bad tripping :/. It happened a few times with lsd and is NEVER any fun to freak out that way. I understand that it's less likely that one will bad trip with cacti or even with synthetic mescaline than with lsd. Can anyone corroborate that (from experience)? Also is it ok to mix these 2 cacti in the same brew? Will they conflict in ways that produce undesirable effects?

Thanks for the replies btw.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #3611670 - 01/11/05 09:32 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

combining sanpedro & peyote should work just fine...
just make sure that whatever method you use gets almost all of the good alkaloids out of the plantstuff & into you... (only where such things are legal, of course!)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offline_switters
Stranger
    #3612398 - 01/11/05 01:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

yeah peyote is cool if you dont mind throwing up your last nine meals for two hours. shit makes you puke then trip for about a day and a half

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience