Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Loc: MI
does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed)
    #3601799 - 01/09/05 01:59 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i recently tried shrooms for the first time. i only took 1 gram to test how they would affect me. the mind expanding effects were amazing and pretty much what i expected (i was not dissapointed by them at all). however several things bothered me and i want to know if they are a normal part of the shroom experiences. i was hoping tripping would be fun but instead i found the high to be very uncomfortable at times. i got pretty nauseas and that lasted for 8 hours, even after the trip had subsided. i have a phobia about throwing up which i have gotten better about but on shrooms i felt very vulnerable and the idea of throwing up horrified me. my body also felt like i had taken some aneasthetic, i found i had no energy and i could barely even talk during the experience. i didn't have the strength to move my mouth in the motions required for talking for very long. is this nornal? when my friends have tripped on much higher doses they seemed to have no problem talking. another thing that made it unenjoyable was that i constantly felt the need to do something but whatever i tried to do did not satisfy it and only made it worse. i would constantly think "am i ok? what do i need to do?" then i would answer myself with "you're fine, you're just on shrooms, you don't need to do anything". i must have thought something along these lines a thousand times during the trip. and the last thing that bugged me was the evilness on the come down. right before i came down i felt like my spirit was being possesed with pure evil and i began to get the urge to do evil things. this was very disturbing and i fear that on a higher dose it would be more intense and i would not be able to refrain from commiting evil acts. i now feel like i know what it means to be truly evil and i don't like it. anyway sorry this has gotten so long but i want to know if this sounds normal because i am planning to do shrooms again and i think i would like a higher dose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWysefool
I AM SKELETON JELLY
Male User Gallery
Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: porcupine]
    #3601815 - 01/09/05 02:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You're not mentally stable enough to do mushrooms...
Mushrooms don't posess you and make you do evil things, and they don't make you puke. You're just paranoid and paranoia and shrooms don't mix.

--------------------
]

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: Wysefool]
    #3601844 - 01/09/05 02:11 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

so you think thats normal and i was just paranoid? i had been smoking a lot of weed up until then and i was definitely feeling paranoid from it. i haven't smoked any since tripping and im much less paranoid now. anyway i did feel evil and i have never felt anything like that before so don't try and tell me they dont posses you.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3601871 - 01/09/05 02:18 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

1 gram you say? Sounds like someone DEFINATELY laced your shrooms with some high grade placebo. Careful brother, that stuff'll kill ya.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: Drink_Punk_Soda]
    #3601885 - 01/09/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

they were supposedly very potent shrooms and i am EXTREMELY sensitive to all psychoactive substances.

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3601886 - 01/09/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

some people puke from shrooms, but most do not.
with psychedelics if you really need to puke just puke. puking sucks, I know, but after that you'll feel so much better probably.

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3601887 - 01/09/05 02:24 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

perhaps the shrooms weren't cured proper or grown proper and they irritated your stomach more, some peoples stomachs are really sensitive to shrooms, mine is. perhaps trying grinding the shrooms up so that they are readily absorbed. all trips aren't the best. next time could be the best . but if ever time is like that,,, that's not good.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: zerozero]
    #3601993 - 01/09/05 02:55 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

You should try tea, it won't be as hard on your stomach.

As for the paranoia of puking, you shouldn't really worry about it. If you do happen to puke, you'll feel better after.

And, about being possessed... if you're thinking of something like that that scares you or worries you, you just gotta remember that its just the shrooms, and that you'll be fine.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineDrink_Punk_Soda
Now with ExtraVaganza!?

Loc: Nowhere fast
    #3602001 - 01/09/05 02:57 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm.. you wouldn't be taking any medications, would you? Perhaps one that's an MAOI? 'Cause that'd definately potentiate a 1g dose, and not necessarily in a good way either. Especially if you were paranoid and suffering from pre-existing phobias.

On the other side of the coin, mushrooms definately do not possess you. The mushroom spirit is a benevolent one, but will surely kick you square in the nuts if you're not being smart.

--------------------

Kumbayah my lord, Kumbayah...

Offlinepshawny
Mycobian
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Shroomery
    #3602076 - 01/09/05 03:29 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

The first time I tripped me and 2 friends took 2.5 grams each. I had never done anything more than smoke weed before this, so it was a new experience all together. I just sat on the couch for 3 hours. I couldn't even imagine trying to move and I couldn't speak more than one word at a time. During the 5 hour comedown I was anxious and it seemed like I was suppose to be doing something. As far as the whole evil thing, you should re-evaluate your life and figure out where these feelings came from and fix them before tripping again. The last thing anyone needs if to hurt themselves or others.

--------------------

Offlineporcupine
Stranger
Male
Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: pshawny]
    #3602153 - 01/09/05 04:07 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

how do i find out where they come from? i consider myself a very loving and kind person for the most part. i had never felt anything like this evilness before. i'm not saying i was possesed and had no control over my actions, im saying the mushrooms seemed to expose the evil that must exist within me. i had control over my actions but not over my feelings and i felt what was it like to be evil. i wasn't on any medications except weed which i had been smoking almost every day for a couple years . i had quit a couple days before taking the shrooms and have not smoked since then.

Offlineabhi
Why not?
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: in some small dive
    #3602385 - 01/09/05 06:28 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Think .... It's all going to be in the mind that the entire existence that makes you currently is now.

This is entirely internal and mental. You can do it yourself because there isn't really anything you need to do. This is also why it is quite difficult to explain. It's just thinking ...

--------------------

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: abhi]
    #3602400 - 01/09/05 06:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmmm give some food to a homless person, then trip again, it might change everything.

Laso mushrooms cannot make you happy, in my opinion they just make your emotions go of the scale, eg music that you like makes you alot happier etc etc, this doesn't quite go for high doeses.

Can't rember who said it, but i agree with the fact that your shrooms could of been laced with sumin else, 1 gram dry of cubes wouldn't even be knoticeable to some people, would just make most of us giggly.

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

OfflineCPT_InSaNo
Just anotherfreak in thefreak kingdom

Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: cadam]
    #3603325 - 01/09/05 12:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

from what I gather, you tripped under entirely wrong circumstances.

1. you said you were paranoid at the start, BAD BAD BAD idea. During tripping, your creative "filters" in your brain are bypassed, and in my experience so are your logic "filters". If i hear a cop siren while im outside im immediately alert, where as normally i wouldnt give a damn. If you have bad thoughts, or bad vibes at the start of the trip, they will only be exaggerated as you progress through the trip.

2. your phobia about puking. had you done any research on shrooms you would have discovered many people experience nausea and it is a normal thing. further research about shrooms would have showed you that phobias and all other subconscious emotions are exposed while tripping. This should have tipped you off that you shouldnt shroom.

i think both your phobia and paranoia led to the experiences you felt.

Now, as far as shrooms making you feel evil, this is most likely the result of both your paranoia and phobia of puking.

Maybe you are extremely sensitive to psychoactives, and maybe you should take your experience as a sign that shrooms are not the drug for you, atleast until you can go into a trip, and not be worried about things. Thoughts of fear while tripping can lead you RIGHT down the road to a bad trip, or in some cases be the funniest moments of your life.

What you need to do as a shroomer, is try to mentally go through your trip again. Try to figure out where it went bad, what thought caused it, etc. Only then will you understand what happened.

my 2 cents.

--------------------
"We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. Spiral out. Keep going, going..."
Tool, Lateralus

Anything in my above post is 100% fictional.

R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace Flag
    #3603414 - 01/09/05 12:35 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"i constantly felt the need to do something but whatever i tried to do did not satisfy it and only made it worse. "

On mushrooms i tend to get feelings of i should be doing somthing but im not sure what it is which is normal for me.

Overall tho it just sounds like you didnt take it in the best set adn setting which is key.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinecadam
The Extremist

Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: baraka]
    #3603466 - 01/09/05 12:50 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said give some food to a homeless person/ go and tidy up your local park/ give some dosh to charity. Do anythnig that makes the life of others better in some way. This way your feel good about your self whne your trippin! Hey when I trip i normally take my dog for a walk and once instead of picking up his poo (LOL) i decided to use it (poo bag) to pick up a wroten old rusty battery that was doing nature no good at all! I felt so good whne I came home LOL

--------------------
If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could ever imagine

InvisibleFuzzt
Junglist
Re: does this sound normal for shrooms? (dissapointed) [Re: baraka]
    #3603611 - 01/09/05 01:26 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

baraka said:
"i constantly felt the need to do something but whatever i tried to do did not satisfy it and only made it worse. "

On mushrooms i tend to get feelings of i should be doing somthing but im not sure what it is which is normal for me.

I get that quite often. A lot of the time it ends up being that I should be tidying up.

It's really strange, but while tripping I feel uneasy if the room I'm in is a mess. Soon as I tidy everything up I then feel fine.

So I make an effort to make sure I trip in tidy settings now :smile: .

InvisibleSleepwalker
Overshoes

#18501328 - 07/02/13 08:48 AM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

porcupine said:
saying the mushrooms seemed to expose the evil that must exist within me. i had control over my actions but not over my feelings and i felt what was it like to be evil.

We all have a dark side.  Maybe next time you trip try to integrate those feelings and understand that you are only human.

This thread is 8 years old, damn it.  :lol:  My bad.

Edited by Sleepwalker (07/02/13 08:48 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract