Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log
    #3533502 - 12/22/04 09:14 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

November 1st:
(10:50am)
4 JsxA seeds were placed gently inside a moist floded up soft face cloth , and the cloth/seeds were placed into a bowl, and saran wrap was added to retiain moisture.
(the seeds were then thrown in the incubator (80-85f)

November 2nd:
(8:30pm)
3 out of 4 JSxA seeds have sprouted small root tipsd.....slightly under an inch long.

November 3rd:
(7:35am)
Root tips have increased in size, to around 1.5-2 inches long, and one seed still hasent sprouted.
One sprout is fully out of its shell leaves and all, and the other
(8:51am)
I am mixing the soil up.
(9:35am)
Wow the 4th seed sprouted , and it has a nice healthy little tip.
2 sprouts(well seeds with roots) were planted

November 4th
(11:08am)
The 2 sprouts have yet to break the soil, and the seeds in the incubator are doing well, one is a full sprout(leaves and all) and the other still has a seed on top but its has a massive root.

November 5th:
(11:00am)
The other sprouts were planted, and all plants were given a dose of ThriveAlive-B1 (organic version)

November 6th:
(11:02am)
All seedlings are above ground.

November 7th:
(6:41pm)
All seedlings are healthy looking and eager , the "true" leaves are growing quick.
(soon these wont be sprouts)

posted on 12-11-04 at 12:50
Update:
All 4 plants are just starting to develop their second set of leaves("true" leaves)

November 30th UPDATE:

Well guys I had to battle the flys for a long time, and it seemed that neem oil wasent enough..........but after the last attack on their colony, I let the soil dry out again and the flys are almost gone for good(I think/hope)

3 out of 4 beans seem to display similar genetics , while one looks like it leans towards the Afghanica(indica) side of this cross.
Some would consider this a problem, I dont, I love those fat leaves.
(part of the reason may be because of my light setup, this "afghan leaning" plant is in the sweetest spot,but that cant totally account for the difference between plants)

One is streching pretty bad, 2 look fine, but the little afghan looks the best, another problem is I havent given them much water because I feared that if I did the flys would end up attacking them to........so heres what I am doing...........

I am moving my pedro, Pereskiopsis and other cacti out of the closet, and SOON(I hope) I can get a 400 watt light in there.........as for building a cabinet, etc..... I am going to wait, because my place is VERY cold.

And the closet has a nice gap at the top, so I figure if I can push some air through that with a fan, and stick a fan down below , I will be alright.....I know that a 400 watt could be used in a more efficent way(a smaller area), but I am out of options and low on cash (VERY very low on cash)

I figure if I can reflect the light well, and block it from spilling up above the self at the top, I should be fine.

I will take some measurements soon to give a better idea of what I am talking about.

This log is going to get better soon, with more detail, and pics, currently I am a little bit pre-occupied as some of you know, my computer is FRIED (the motherboard is FUCKED) so its a little hard to post these days, but I refuse to let my grow log die, I will be here from time to time to update it, check my mail , and just see that TY'ers are up to.

I am also between jobs ...........but hey its christmas, I am sure I will get through it, homeless in january isnt my idea of fun

Dec 11th UPDATE:

Sorry that my log hasent been as good lately but I am really busy and like I said my computer isnt working anymore, but here I am to make an update.

Out of my 4 little plants, 2 are looking "a cut above the rest" the one that I think leans towards the indica(afghanica)genetics, and another that seems more balanced.

The Idica leaning plant was topped at the third node on 9th(or 10th) and the balanced plant was topped around the 7th.

The other 2 are alive, but not nearly as healthy.
One had a sort of rusting, or general browning on one of its lower fan leaves, which I think could have been caused by a concentrated dose of water/Neem oil that hit the leaf.(I cant think of what else could have casused it) Anyway its been removed(the leaf not the plant of course )

And the other plant is a little streached.

(both of the uglier plants are also a lighter colour green , could the neem oil cause this??? , they look a little better after I gave them superthriveB1 , but they are still very light in comparison.

So to sum up, all(4) plants are alive, and 2 are looking better then the other 2, the better 2 have been topped, and the uglier plants are catching up.

I really want to get pics, the good plants look really nice.

The balanced plant grew 2 new tips at the top after cutting at the third node............BUT, not only that, it grew some tips at the lower node.

Personally I have only grown a couple of times and I never really pruned , (especially when my plants were young) , but WOW, pruning kicks ass

I cant wait for it to bush up at bit more, so I can trim it, I can see it now..............Short, packed, dense.

********************************************************************************

DECEMBER 14th UPDATE

Remember only 2 of my plants have been topped, the Afghani, and the more balanced plant.......and ............. for the balanced plant topping continues to show great results.........but with the afghani its harder to see, as the leaves curl down.......I thought this was a problem at first, but the leaves are healthy, and the plant is VERY tight, and sits right under a light, so it could be enviromental or genetic, but it SEEMS ok.

As for my other favorite plant, the balenced one..........
Well topping at the third node continues to show beautiful results, as I said before, there are 2 new tips at each node (nodes 1 and 2)

And the new leaves are a beautiful green,its hard to describe, but so pretty

And yes I will try to get pics

********************************************************************************
December 23 UPDATE:

All of the JSxA plants are experiencing a yellowing of their leaves, some are worse then others, the best plants are only yellowing at the tips, of older broad leaves, while the young leaf growth remains green and healthy.

However the "runts" have yellowing covering their larger leaves, while the young leaves remain, healthy and green.

Ok, I am assuming this is just a N deficiency, but up until recently I was confuzed..............because I had brown spots and even spots that looked like rust.

I was scared that the plants had a serious desease, then I rationalized that the gross colours were caused by letting doses of thrive alive and neem oil dry on.

So all problem leaves were removed from all plants, now it just seems like a N deficiency, what do you think?????

I am going to dose both runts with some poo tea and watch the reaction, if all goes well I will try the same on my other plants(maybe some cottenseed meal to)

When it comes to my best 2 JSxA the indica leaning(pheno) has fairly healthy leaves after removing the "problem leaves", and the more balanced plant was pruned well, and 2 beautiful shoots have formed........but the trouble is the big leaves on those shoots are yellowing.

What do you guys think I should do????

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGr0wer
always improving
Male

Loc: El Paso, TX Flag
Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #3535311 - 12/23/04 09:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Feed them some ferts to fix the yelowing.

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3535368 - 12/23/04 10:31 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

i agree. most likely the cause of yellowing is that they are nutrient deprived. something high in nitrogen should suffice. also, unless the leaves are damaged heavily, leave them on the plant. the fan leaves shouldn't be removed. they serve 2 purposes: they act as nutrient reservoirs and they act as solar panels for eating light. if they are removed then a great deal of stress is going down. stress is the main reason behind hermie formation. another thing is too avoid getting anything on the leaves (water or whatnot), because, under light, these water droplets act as magnifying glasses, thus burning the hell out of the leaves.

hope some of this was useful.
peace and love :smile:

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: Gr0wer]
    #3537026 - 12/23/04 06:57 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"Feed them some ferts to fix the yelowing."

If you read my post you would see I not only DID that, but I asked what others thought :nonono: :tongue:

I know they need Nitrogen, but maybe some experienced grower also could point out they needed calcium, or one of the other trace elements.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3537031 - 12/23/04 06:59 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"hope some of this was useful.
peace and love"

Yes, you are dripping with knowledge, shine on. :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #3538556 - 12/24/04 09:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

"I know they need Nitrogen, but maybe some experienced grower also could point out they needed calcium, or one of the other trace elements."

without a photo it can somewhat difficult to properly diagnose you're plants condition. this link may serve some purpose. hope things work out :smile:

link

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3541443 - 12/25/04 02:35 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Thank you that page is VERY helpfull.

I see a bright future for you here at the shroomery :yesnod:

edit :wink:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (12/25/04 04:02 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3554351 - 12/28/04 08:10 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Update December 28th.

I am close to getting my 400watt HPS, the only reason I didnt get one yet was because I ran into a lack of $$$, it just sort of crept up on me.

I gave my plants some neem oil/dishsoap, and a small dose of a organic flowering fert(I will get the NPK number tomorrow)

I hope this corrects what seems to be a K problem, but I am ready to flush my plants clean and try to see if the problem was N, or Mag, or zinc.

I really dont know which one for sure, and some of them have different problems, but I have at least narrowed it down, I should have used more ferts , poo, etc in my soil mix but I wanted to avoid adding to much. :nonono:

I need a better soil mix, and I have made some good outdoor ones before, I dont know why I skipped this time, I have so many things to work with, even if I dont have much cash right now.

(I have oyster shell, cotten seed meal, liquid bone meal, liquid flowering fert, SuperThriveB1, horse poo, and a organic bloom mix, of green sand kelp etc etc)

Whats a man to do?

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3595757 - 01/07/05 08:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

January 7th:

Well I have good news and I have bad news.

First the bad news, and theres a fair ammount of it , after problems facing numerous nute problems with my JSxA plants that just were out of control, I decided that one of them had to die.

So I killed one of the runts, another runt(which most people would have killed anyway) is being kept alive just for the sake of having it around, hey maybe I will put it outside eventually.

As for the other 2 plants, well, after ripping the leaves with nute problems off, and giving the afghani(leaning) plant a good flush, followed by some poo, very diluted superthrive B1, and even at one point a VERY VERY VERY small ammount of flowering liquid, to correct any further K problems.
(well what I still think were K problems, I could have been wrong)

The other plant, the "balanced plant" was flushed with tons of neem oil, which I think casused even more problems, but I had to kill those damn bugs, after the heavy dose the was allowed to soak for one day, I flushed the plant VERY well for days, and gave it a small ammount of Superthrive B1, and some poo.

It looks really ugly, but the leaves growing back are healthy.

Pics of the nute problems will be posted tonight after I get the pics.

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (01/07/05 11:18 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#3600856 - 01/08/05 10:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

(this one is recovering, the gross leaves have been removed, and new growth is starting to show)

:nonono:

(this one is looking pretty good now)

--------------------

Invisiblezerozero
Stranger

#3601032 - 01/08/05 11:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my idea is this,

this was not a nutrient deficiency.

this looks like a problem with conditions.

i see your soil looks dense and wet, also i see vermiculite but no noticeable perlite.
that's a no no. your babies need more air circulation in their soil, and the ability to dry out quicker.

nutrient problems if they are occurring are occurring because of pH problems, i would guess.

see although pot is a heavy feeder by nature, these plants look too small to need nutrients replaced, especially if they are in soil, if they were in a soiless mix i could believe it.

if your pH is off your plants won't be able to take in the nutrients, even if you keep giving them more.

over watering and overly wet soil can mock conditions of nutrient problems.

also the plants need more light,
not a 400 watter, but just 2 24 inch floros, will make a world of difference.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Jacks Suprise x Afghanica grow log [Re: zerozero]
    #3601055 - 01/08/05 11:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks.
I agree they need more air(after doing a bunch of reading that is)

And I KNOW my original mix is terrible.

Soon I will place my plants in this mix.........

"The bulk of the mix- 70% of the finished product is made up of equal parts peat or sphagnum moss (I prefer corse cut sphagnum moss) and perlite.
Then worm castings are mixed in to about 15% of the fineshed product. About 10% of the finished product is made up of some kind of organic compost, either green or brown. Any rich green manure will do, or bat/seabird guano or seaweed for that matter. The final product is made up of a mixture of equal parts trace mineral elements , granulated charcoal, washed sand, and volcanic ash."

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder