Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

how do you know its alder?
    #3597408 - 01/08/05 05:52 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is there any sure fire sign of the chips being alder, also does anyone know if there tends to be a brand/manufacturer whos chips I can purchase that tend to carry spores of woodlovers?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #3597527 - 01/08/05 07:28 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Steerco, i think it is, mj knows all of 'em.

:peace:

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #3597938 - 01/08/05 10:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

not that I know of, any hardwood should work in place of alder though...

if you're trying to grow them, there are better and more reliable ways than throwing a bunch of woodchips that supposedly have cyan spores on the ground. visit one of your patches, pull out a couple handfuls of colonized substrate and use that as inoculum for fresh chips, grow it out and keep colonizing more fresh chips with it.

DH

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: spores]
    #3598048 - 01/08/05 11:20 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

dcc,
You talking about buying some chips to grow or feed local beds or what to look for when hunting??? In cali most mulch is redwood bark and chips. In the pnw alder is a fast growing native tree that grows and covers signs, powerlines, etc so they get cut and chipped and are used for mulch. Thats why people look for alder chips, they are everywhere. In cali we have no use for redwood/ cedar except for landscaping, doug fir and other saw mill debris is used for particle board and plywood. Look for the white wood chips in the bay, most likely eucalyptus which at one time covered all of the central valley from the foothills to the coast with 75-125 foot trees. The wood and acorns or seeds from this tree will substain mushroom growth but the leaves are very acidic which the shrooms dont like. Im rambeling.......... Pm me i can tell you where to go to get shit load of fib covered wood chips.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: tahoe]
    #3598429 - 01/08/05 12:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Actually their are less and less alder these days due to the fact that the clear cuts are now illegal except for certain areas.

The number one used bark in thPNW is cedar, red shaggy mulch. Not good for magic shroms, and for that person who asked how do you know it is alder.

It's like a checvy is a chvey, a ford is a ford and a cadillac is a cadillac.

you study the trees and learn what they are.

Like you study the shrooms and learn what they are. Learn everything about them that you can possibly learn. The more you learn the more easier it is to find what you are looking for.

Alder comes in manyt sixes and shapes for mulched areas fom fine little flake size chips to branches to logs int he clearcuts.

You can buy alder for about $18.00 a ton. Thats a pick up truck filled load. or you cn buy fifty pound bags of alder.

What determines what goes into a mulched area depaends on what is available from the local landscappers or mulch supply firm. Two firms in the Seattle region aere responsible for about 70 percent of all magic shrooms inthe region. Sawdyust Supply next to Harbor Island and Bassett and Western in Woodinville, Washington.

have a shroomy day

mj

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3598665 - 01/08/05 01:40 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mjshroomer said: Two firms in the Seattle region aere responsible for about 70 percent of all magic shrooms inthe region. Sawdyust Supply next to Harbor Island and Bassett and Western in Woodinville, Washington.

have a shroomy day

mj

how are they responsible? Do they put spores into there chips? its a serious question.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlineday_tripper
Gatherer
 User Gallery

Loc: Pacific Coast
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: tahoe]
    #3599201 - 01/08/05 03:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i think he means they supply 70% of all the woodchips in the area that magic mushrooms will grow on

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3599406 - 01/08/05 04:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

okay understood, my next question, does cyanescen/fibs have a strict diet? Is it likely that I have ONLY found them on alder considering I dont know how to identify alder bark/mulch.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

#3599625 - 01/08/05 04:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

not so much alder but they do prefer hardwood. Oak, alder, fir, eucalyptus. Red wood and bark do not provide the nutrients they need

--------------------

My Legacy

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Offlinefloyd
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: oaklander
    #3603547 - 01/09/05 01:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

shouldn't sugar content in the wood play a big part? i don't know what trees have a higher sugar content. there were some posts last week regarding fresh vs. old chips.

the beds i've found are very deep and spongy meaning they've been there a while allowing the mycilium to spread. i bet the new chips though give the shrooms only more of what they are looking for.

FYI: the east bay park districts are currently clear cutting the eucalyptus in some areas as they are an invasive species. lots and lots of fresh wood chips! in a couple year's time, these areas may be crawling with shrooms. i'll keep an eye out.

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: floyd]
    #3603978 - 01/09/05 02:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

awesome!

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #3605204 - 01/09/05 07:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I usualy sprinkle a little of my "sexy alder fairy" powder on there and if a beautiful glowing naked woman starts growing from them then the hell with shrooms ive got a naked glowing lady...

no way to tell unless you REALLY know your tree's. (try looking for greyish colored chips)

Offlinedidjin_d
mmm....
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3607675 - 01/10/05 12:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I checked all of the local stores and to my dissapointment I can't seem to find ANY sexy alder fairy powder. DAMN!

--------------------
" learning how to cook will save you money, usually make you healthier, and occasionally get you laid. "
-Shags420

"Most of the people who ask the question 'Do any psilocybin mushrooms grow around here?' would rather change their way of looking at reality rather than face the difficult and discouraging task of transforming reality itself"
-David Aurora, Mushrooms Demystified

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: didjin_d]
    #3609036 - 01/10/05 05:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Its fairly easy to make at home son, just mix 2 parts old spice deoderant, 2 parts imitation pixie dust, and 1 part baboon cheese... Now if you don't own a nursing baboon that last ingredient , may be some trouble to obtain. Have a shroomy day!

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: how do you know its alder? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #3609116 - 01/10/05 05:42 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
Its fairly easy to make at home son, just mix 2 parts old spice deoderant, 2 parts imitation pixie dust, and 1 part baboon cheese... Now if you don't own a nursing baboon that last ingredient ,  may be some trouble to obtain.  Have a shroomy day!

ooooooooooooo magic alder pwder i gotta try this! :grin: :rolleyes:

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates