Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGraphiX024
Ultra Sonic Humidifiers
    #359466 - 07/23/01 02:23 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

good news, just got my spores in from PF and i'm all ready to start my first attempt at growing some magik. i'm constructing my terrarium using a big ass tupperware-like container so that i could hold 10 or so cakes, and i'm gonna use a ultra sonic humidifier and i was just wondering if it is still necassary to have a drip shield if i am using a humidifier??? also, if anyone has any tips/suggestions i would greatly appreciate it. i've been scouring the shroomery now for about 9 or so months, so i got some basic knowledge of the subject, and i'm actually going out right now to get all my materials. so peace, and i will definetly keep everyone updated on my progress.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline*HeGz*
old hand
Re: Ultra Sonic Humidifiers [Re: GraphiX024]
    #359484 - 07/23/01 03:18 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I would not use a humidifier! Unless you're in Arizona or a EXTREMELY dry climate. I spent like $80 on a great Ultrasonic and found that perlite worked 100% better.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go
I wanna be sedated
Nothing to do
Nowhere to go
I wanna be sedated

**Check out the FSR you may find something you like**

PEACE

HeGz

Offlinealuminum_can
addict
Loc: california, orange
Re: Ultra Sonic Humidifiers [Re: GraphiX024]
    #359491 - 07/23/01 03:27 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

large ultrasonic humidifiers may make the water dropletts bigger than you want them, but i got a small one and it works just fine. make sure that youre tupperware container has a nice airtight lid (buy one with it or make one) and you do not need a drid sheild, you just need to empty the water that gets built up at the bottom of the aquarium, and make sure that you have something to elevate the cakes off the bottom, so they arent swimming in a pool of water. the only thing about the utrasonic humidifier setup is that it needs lots of care if you dont have a timer. so id recomend buy a good timer (youre going to need to have the humidifier on for like ten minutes, and then have it off for a couple hours) i would also recomend buying a fairly decent humidity guage or hgrometer. you are also going to need something that puts air out of the terrarium because the humidifier puts in air that will eventually need to be put out. i think you can fan it with an ultrasonic humidifier, but im not sure. if you dont know what im talking about with most of this stuff then id recomend not using an ultrasonic humidifier, since you need quite a bit of expensive things, you can try youre luck with perlite or handspraying.

i may, fucking drop something natural somewhere and it might grow into another piece of shit like you. i dont recognize any of you fucking people, youre not real, you came ot of comic books.

--------------------
the little kridders of nature; they dont know that thyre ugly!

Offlinethegoldenteacher
enthusiast
Loc: central NC
Re: Ultra Sonic Humidifiers [Re: aluminum_can]
    #359502 - 07/23/01 03:59 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

awesome tagline! where can I get a cheap humidity gauge? one with temp on it would help too, thanks:)!

Originally no one is deluded.
-bankei

--------------------
peace, happiness, love, girls, joy, euphoria, warmth, fuzzy, girls, touch, feeling, girls.
-me

Offlinegreenplato
boogeyman

Re: Ultra Sonic Humidifiers [Re: thegoldenteacher]
    #359697 - 07/23/01 10:06 PM (22 years, 7 months ago)

The problem with cheap humidity gauges is that they are not very reliable. You can try radio shack, or go to a cigar shop. Good luck.

OfflineGraphiX024
Re: Ultra Sonic Humidifiers [Re: *HeGz*]
    #359920 - 07/24/01 08:47 AM (22 years, 7 months ago)

thanx hegz...thought about just using the perlite, but just figured the ultrasonic humidifier would work better. i think i'll go with the perlite then, cheaper and easier.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract