Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
The Locking of Threads
    #3598040 - 01/08/05 01:18 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Seems to be more about the poster than the topic. Please clarify the criterion as I do not see "giving" and "spreading cheer" to be lock-worthy while the "photon belt" is a popular subject necessary to aid us in spiritual growth.

Who is to decide that "Gourdito", my personal belief, is less relevant than invisible aliens? Is it merely because some moderators don't believe in Gourdito?

*Swami looks up "bias" in Webster...*

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: Swami]
    #3598067 - 01/08/05 01:28 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Swami, why did they ban you? I still didn't find out...
What did you do or say?

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Edited by skystone (01/08/05 01:28 PM)

Offlinezahudulallah
Sexual Heretic

Loc: Tokyo, Japan
    #3598081 - 01/08/05 01:32 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Let it go, brother.

--------------------

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #3598094 - 01/08/05 01:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Aliens and photon belts sound so much more interesting, exciting and....stuff.

God forbid we actually read about the stuff that goes unnoticed in day to day living.

Gee, why watch PBS or TLC when there's a movie called "SPACE DRAGON"??

Welcome Back! :wink:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: skystone]
    #3598099 - 01/08/05 01:37 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

*Swami trembling mightily in fear of retribution* (Unsure if I can respond without being whipped!)

Still don't know as I can get neither public nor private clarification.

You will notice the large number of shroomery spokesmen posting only further obsfucates the issues. When I strongly suggested having only one person speak on behalf of the administrators (as in successful real-world chain-of-commands), the idea was taken as treasonous and got my ban lengthened even though my intent was totally benevolent.

--------------------

Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
    #3598138 - 01/08/05 01:48 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, but what was your last post? What did you say?
Was it that "piss me off" thread that got people angry?

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3598174 - 01/08/05 01:58 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I am eating Ritz crackers and drinking chocolate milk

--------------------

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Mr. Dogma Free
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Hand
Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: blink]
    #3598235 - 01/08/05 02:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"I am eating Ritz crackers and drinking chocolate milk."

Try some peanut butter on the crackers, it will taste like a Reese's cup that way when you drink the chocolate milk.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #3598249 - 01/08/05 02:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bad form, Swami. Not very impressive at all.

If you're going to maintain an ounce of integrity while acting so offended by the way this community has imposed unreasonable expectations on you and your conduct, it might be time for you to let go of your own unreasonable expectations of this community. If you want people to show a little tolerance for your sometimes inflammatory and belittling stance (to the extent that you yourself have admitted), you may want to consider showing a little tolerance toward those whom you believe have some sort of partisanship against you.

If you plain and simple don't like this community, as is apparent, then why do you continue to post here? Why do you wage war on it so? Why do you create a disruption with threads like these? Is it that you feel this community belongs to you, or that it owes you something? Were the crimes against you really so severe? Why should this community adjust to suit your expectations?

Why are you doing this?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: Ped]
    #3598301 - 01/08/05 02:24 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Bad form, Swami. Not very impressive at all.
My ego is in shambles as I have failed to impress you.

Blah blah blah
Did your diatribe really add ANY clarification on what is or is not a reasonable topic to start? Or was it not a goading attack of your own?

Why are you doing this?
Understanding guidelines is the FIRST component (not the last) of compliance, would you not agree?

--------------------

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3598402 - 01/08/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

>> My ego is in shambles as I have failed to impress you.

Perhaps instead of concerning yourself with how impressed I might be with you, you should consider raising the standards you have in place for yourself.

>> Did your diatribe really add ANY clarification on what is or is not a reasonable topic to start?

Please, Swami, don't act as though you're the least bit interested in discovering what we feel are reasonable or unreasonable thread topics. In requesting that we "please clarify the criterion", you are setting up stage upon which you will strut back and forth spewing contempt for this community and it's policies. You have your mouth open and your ears closed. Anyone can see that.

Don't think I'm putting myself in a position to defend this community and it's policies against the blade-wielding Swami. That would be a battle without end, a childish waste of time.

If you were at all interested in finding a place in this community, in harmonizing yourself with this community, even with those whom you believe are so against you, you would be showing a little more tolerance toward those aspects of this community that you disagree with. You would not be expecting that everybody else adjust to accomodate your presence here.

Are you interested in co-existing peacefully with the rest of this community?

>> Or was it not a goading attack of your own?

I'm not interested in fighting with you.

>> *Swami trembling mightily in fear of retribution* (Unsure if I can respond without being whipped!)

Why do you do things like this? What do you hope to accomplish? I don't ask questions like these to emphasize a point of some kind, or to sharpen an attack; I'm sincerely interested in direct answers to these questions. You have shown only contempt for this community since your re-arrival. Why? What do you have to prove?

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3598439 - 01/08/05 02:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

welcome back swamster! i thought your last ban was a permanent one.

i think a more or less general consensus here is that you banning was if not totally unjust, at least unnescesary....

but it happend. and no one wants it to happen again. And we were just starting to get back into the old swing of things. so how bout you drop it, continue to post your own insights and contribute to threads.

Keep the following in mind:

adress your disagreements with peoples ideas ONLY on a logical, point by point basis. You must do your best to avoid anything even resembeling an ad hominem attack, dont bait, and basically just get back to ideas instead of drama.

Then we can all have fun together

Peace

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3598440 - 01/08/05 02:59 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK so you admit your point was off-topic and did not help to clarify. Thank you.

Please, Swami, don't act as though you're the least bit interested in discovering what we feel are reasonable or unreasonable thread topics.
That is one of the most contemptuous responses that I have heard.

Don't think I'm putting myself in a position to defend this community and it's policies against the blade-wielding Swami. That would be a battle without end, a childish waste of time.
Whereas your attack on my intention is a mature and wonderful use of time.

There is no contempt against the community as you state; there is contempt for cowardess and lies however.

--------------------

Edited by Swami (01/08/05 03:00 PM)

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3598491 - 01/08/05 03:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I'm all behingd ya 110% my swami !!!

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #3598603 - 01/08/05 03:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

>> OK so you admit your point was off-topic and did not help to clarify. Thank you.

If you insist.

>> Whereas your attack on my intention is a mature and wonderful use of time.

Yes, I do hope to be of some help, to reach some positive end. Sometimes that requires that I examine others critically, or say things which might make them upset or uncomfortable. Although it's best to minimize that effect as much as possible, sometimes it simply can't be avoided.

>> There is no contempt against the community as you state; there is contempt for cowardess and lies however.

Very well. Do you suppose that saying things such as what's quoted below will put an end to the cowardice and lies which have you so aggitated? Will pointing the finger in this way bring reconciliation between you and those lying and behaving cowardly, or do you suppose it will increase the divide between you and them from which cowardice and dishonesty first arose?

Pointing the finger..
>> *Swami looks up "bias" in Webster...*

Pointing the finger..
>> *Swami trembling mightily in fear of retribution* (Unsure if I can respond without being whipped!)

Isn't it true that pointing the finger is both cowardly and dishonest? When you point the finger, do you look your enemy in the face, or do you disparage him infront of crowds? Isn't that cowardice? When you point the finger, do you intend to open up a dialog, to discover the real cause of your dispute, or do you presuppose a guilty party and exonerate yourself? Isn't that dishonest? In pointing the finger, are you not comitting the same crimes of which you accuse others?

If it's true that you want to put an end to cowardice and lies, it is first necessary for you to cease your pursuit of victory, genuinely acknowledge your own mistakes on the matter, and develop the capacity to forgive. Even if your enemy is unwilling to meet you half way with a similar gesture, at least you can be secure in your own character, certain that you've done the right thing.

Are you interested in peacefully co-existing with the rest of this community, or are you interested in securing a victory over it?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#3598626 - 01/08/05 03:31 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sometimes that requires that I examine others critically, or say things which might make them upset or uncomfortable.
Sounds like a bannable attitude to me from everything that I have read.

Are you interested in peacefully co-existing with the rest of this community, or are you interested in securing a victory over it?
Funny, but that is what was said to the first black woman to refuse to sit in the back of the bus in the southern USA. Guess she should have "just gone along".

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3598637 - 01/08/05 03:34 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

so you're gonna martyr yourself then? I'll miss you. :sad:

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#3598646 - 01/08/05 03:35 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

"Funny, but that is what was said to the first black woman to refuse to sit in the back of the bus in the southern USA. Guess she should have "just gone along". "

hardly comparable swami. Hes just saying, what is more important to you, returning to this enjoyable community in a productive and fun way, or forcing someone to apologize to you or something?

i was once banned for what i thought was a totally bullshit reason, and i never said a word about it sense, until now. And it was a much longer ban than yours.

But who cares? i came back, had lots of fun, met some cool new people, learned a bit and maybe taught a bit. THats what this place is all about.

its up to you what you do but my honest advice is that you just forget this ever hapend to you

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3598669 - 01/08/05 03:41 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

hardly comparable swami.

I think it's extremely comparable.

No justice, no peace.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: The Locking of Threads [Re: zorbman]
    #3598679 - 01/08/05 03:44 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

oh yeah right it is comparable now that you mention it....

standing up against hundreds of years of racial opression... bitching about a 2 week ban from an internet forum....

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology