Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Feedback not allowed!
    #3598013 - 01/08/05 01:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Seems I am so evil and powerful that my mere words must be silenced so as to prevent madness and mayhem. My second banning was for "attitude" even though my postings were mere juxtapositions of contrary quotes.

I am not allowed to respond to anything written no matter how inaccurate nor nefarious nor am I able to get ANY clarification on relevent issues in public nor in private PMs. I must suck up all the lies and "take it like a man" (isn't that what they say in prison?).

So much for "feedback"...  :thumbdown:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFungi_x
Original Shroomer
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan Flag
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: Swami]
    #3598051 - 01/08/05 01:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

you smoke rock?

--------------------

HAPPY FUCKING HOLIDAYS!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: Fungi_x]
    #3598106 - 01/08/05 01:40 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Will it help me to better conform?

--------------------

Offlineld50negative1
lethal dosage

#3598121 - 01/08/05 01:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
Seems I am so evil and powerful that my mere words must be silenced so as to prevent madness and mayhem. My second banning was for "attitude" even though my postings were mere juxtapositions of contrary quotes.

I am not allowed to respond to anything written no matter how inaccurate nor nefarious nor am I able to get ANY clarification on relevent issues in public nor in private PMs. I must suck up all the lies and "take it like a man" (isn't that what they say in prison?).

So much for "feedback"...  :thumbdown:

Who cares? I would be pissed if I got banned for a month because I did something to piss off an admin, but it would be better for myself just to go back to talking about mushrooms than to try to fight with a PRIVATE forum.

:nonono:

Are you trying to get banned again?

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: ld50negative1]
    #3598209 - 01/08/05 02:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I never attempted to get banned in the first place nor is trying to understand what happened "another attempt".

Years ago I was sitting at a stoplight on my motorcycle and noticed a cop behind me. When the light turned green, I shot away like a bullet and instantly backed off the throttle when I hit 45 mph (the speed limit). The blue and red lights lit up like a Christmas tree. I pulled over.

Officer: You were going like a bat out of hell back there!

Swami: Was I speeding?

Officer: Er no, but you took off in a hurry!

Swami: Did my front tire leave the ground or did I spin or smoke my rear tire?

Officer: No.

Swami: So what EXACTLY is the charge?

Officer: Just take it easy and don't do "it" again.

As the officer did not define the "it", it is impossible for me to comply with no matter how noble my intentions are to conform.

--------------------

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3598579 - 01/08/05 03:21 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You're a rabel-rouser!

So you'd like to walk the fine line staying just short of actual infraction, while attempting to appear to be in violation.

All this so that you can accomplish what? Do you want someone to admit that all rules and regualations are invalid and arbitrary because they cannot be perfectly defined?

O.K., I'll agree. All rules are bullshit.

However, now that we are done splitting hairs and examining with the microscope, can you not now conclude that the rules here are intended to foster a healthy environment for it's members to enjoy?

You knew that the cop would pull you over based on the appearance of your action. You likewise know that when you push to the very edge of the rules here, that there will likely be an unfavorable response from the mods and admins..

So, again I ask you, just what do you want to accomplish with this little rebellion Swami?

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
    #3598618 - 01/08/05 03:28 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I would prefer if you would tone it down a bit and remain a member here ..I enjoy your posts and I would miss you if you martyr yourself.

It isn't worth it man, take a walk or something.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #3598799 - 01/08/05 04:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Swami you're awesome! :smile:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
    #3600089 - 01/08/05 08:55 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Did they ban you again yet?

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3601267 - 01/09/05 01:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see what the big fuss over Swami is. Not looking for a ban or anything, but Swami rocks

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Anonymous

#3601765 - 01/09/05 03:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

pm gangmanship...it reminds me of the 'no ganging up on members' rule thats never enforced...backstabbing is a favourable'virtue' here too

InvisibleFungushungry
Addict

Loc: Whispering Winds
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: ]
    #3601901 - 01/09/05 04:29 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Swami reminds me of charley manson

--------------------
"Early man walked away
As modernman took control
There mind's weren't all the same
And to conquer was their goal
So he built his great empire
And he slaughtered his own kind
He died a confused man
And killed himself in his own mind"

OfflineCaRnAgECaNdYS
Tool's groupie
Female User Gallery

Loc: Billy Howerdel's closet Flag
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: Adamist]
    #3602106 - 01/09/05 05:40 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Adamist said:
Swami you're awesome! :smile:

--------------------

The secret to being funny is to say smart things stupidly, or is it stupid things smartly? Whatever..it's not rocket surgery...or something like that.

Offlinefresh313
journeyman
 User Gallery

#3602138 - 01/09/05 05:53 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:

Years ago I was sitting at a stoplight on my motorcycle and noticed a cop behind me. When the light turned green, I shot away like a bullet and instantly backed off the throttle when I hit 45 mph (the speed limit). The blue and red lights lit up like a Christmas tree. I pulled over.

haha i do that all the time on my bike.. look at the cop whos way back in the rearview waiting for the lights ; )

gotta love that acceleration.. if you dont have any twisties, thats all there is.

OfflinePhanTomCat
Teh Cat....
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Youniverse....
    #3603465 - 01/09/05 02:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Swami, We have never spoken - that I know of, and I am not sure what happened when you originally got banned, but it was the topic of much discussion on the boards when it happened....  I read a few lengthy threads where quite a few people stuck up for you....  I am holding a neutral position just because "I wasn't there", and I don't know the personalities involved in the dispute....  In the name of "pickin' yer~ brain", and an effort to see the reason for the loyalty & respect shown towards you by others - first hand, so I write this....  And, since you brought up the following anecdote, lets discuss, shall we....?  :yesnod:

Quote:

Swami said:
I never attempted to get banned in the first place nor is trying to understand what happened "another attempt".

Officer: You were going like a bat out of hell back there!

Swami: Was I speeding?

Officer: Er no, but you took off in a hurry!

Swami: Did my front tire leave the ground or did I spin or smoke my rear tire?

Officer: No.

Swami: So what EXACTLY is the charge?

Officer: Just take it easy and don't do "it" again.

As the officer did not define the "it", it is impossible for me to comply with no matter how noble my intentions are to conform.

I *think* that the actual charge is "exhibition driving", (or maybe even reckless driving?) which is a ticket'able offense - subjective to the perception of the cop....  *Sounds* like you did it with the intents to push the limits, and the cop responded in kind by pulling you over....  IF you were in an offensive mode of conversation with the cop as your above writing seems to imply, you are prolly~ lucky that you didn't get the ticket....  So he/she let you go with a "warning" of not to do something in a gray area of the rulez~, thus setting a temporary line not to cross....  The gray area being subjective to interpretation of intent, perception of the event thru the cop's eyes, and actual mood and EGO of the cop at the time....  And I would have to think that sometimes in real life, ego plays a big roll in situations of authority, no matter how "noble" the intentions are.... 

Is there consistency, one would hope, but I would say not....  Is there a time and a place for everything - yes, and perhaps no, depending on the situation....  After your "speeding bullet" warning, did you get right back on your bike and do the same thing as you left....?  (I would assume not, or you *would* have said so....)  So why not do the same "speeding bullet" right then and there to test that newly chalked line in the gray area...?  I would surmise that it was because of simple "cause and effect" - AND the power of authority you were dealing with at the time....    You did get a bullshit warning, but had you done it again, the situation most likely would have escalated....  You, trying to prove your point (perhaps driven by ego, or perhaps a personal spite towards authority in general?), and them "having" to enforcing the warning given to you (again, perhaps driven by ego, or a personal spite towards people showing spite towards authority?)....  "As the officer did not define the "it", it is impossible for me to comply with no matter how noble my intentions are to conform."  Is that not an egocentric way to somewhat cast out all logic and responsibility of that actual situation - which was purposely evoked...?  :rolleyes:  You knew what they "wanted", it's not too hard to see that, it just wasn't "black and white" in terms of definition....  If it was impossible for you to comply with the noblest of intentions in conforming, wouldn't it have just continued to escalate every time you were to take off on your bike...?  You did say "impossible", yet you must have complied at the time - perhaps gritting your teeth....?  Pride always goes down better with a dash of fresh coarsely ground enamel dust - even if just for a moment....!  :smirk:  Or maybe waiting for the cop to leave so you could do it your way....?  --Which (in this case with dealing with authority) would prove that there is a time and place for everything.... 

Are you using a "looking for loopholes" form of logic in the above story to make a case against not having every letter of the law defined....  ---See NOTE below---  EVEN AFTER you:  "shot away like a bullet and instantly backed off the throttle when I hit 45 mph"....  If your intentions were truly of a noble cause to conform and comply, TRULY NOBLE, in the true sense of the word....    I ask you this....  Wouldn't that be the point where you momentarily drop the logic, drop whatever ego or pride is up and pumping, and just pull out the good ol'e common sense manual v1.0...?  (Damn, how else can I say it without coming across as condescending...?)  :tongue2:    Dooooood, you openly and honestly CHOSE to yank on yer~ throttle to push the limits right in front of the cop....  Isn't that kinda~ slappin "logic" in the face *if* you were lookin' to NOT get pulled over....  Eeehhh...?

---NOTE---
Would you really want more laws....?  More specifically, laws defining the rate of acceleration from one speed to another....  You would need minimums and maximum rates, and most logically have different rates for deceleration....!!  More signs posted on the sides of the roads for each specific geographic location situation - taking into account local law and jurisdiction....  Every car would have to have an Eccelo~/Decelo~ Gauge? registered to each car thru the sec.of state - and YOU KNOW damn well that would make the car registration fees/taxes go up....!!  And it would be yet another reason for the cops to stop you, possibly give you a ticket....  :shake:

Lets go on a more drastic hypothetical side tangent - just for the sake of further discussing "gray areas"....  So you got pulled over, and the cop is slowly and cautiously approaching you....  You jump off your bike, face the cop, and quickly throw your right hand inside your leather coat....  Again, being subjective to interpretation of intent, perception of the event thru the cop's eyes - I would think he/she would stop, draw, drop and roll - and hopefully have the control to NOT open fire, and reevaluate the situation....  Is it illegal to quickly put your hand into your jacket....?    It's not a law that I have ever heard of....  Is it even considered to be a gray area...?  In certain circumstances, it would appear the answer would be YES....  Would it be "taunting", or perhaps slapping the face of logic in terms of interpretive definition....?  YES....  Now, this is purely a bullshit hypothetical tangent, but I tried to reasonably apply the logic you seem to be applying to your situation.... 

There are no predefined "solid" lines in gray areas, that is why they are called gray "areas"....  BUT, *if* it comes down to an actual battle of egos, the person holding the authoritative "power" will eventually end up drawing a line, and presumably would give a warning that the line has been drawn....  In a position of "authority", and perhaps when egos get involved, wouldn't it be a sign of weakness to NOT act in force once that line is drawn and crossed again...?  Does it make it right...?  I dunno~....  How does one mix ego + power + subjectivity, and come out with a black and white answer to make everyone happy when forever stuck in that gray area of inconsistent and temporary lines...?  Especially with so many different perspectives of "logic"....  Logic can work for you or against you, it all depends on what perspective you CHOOSE to view it....  When does logic take a back seat to common sense...?

Swami, from all of the discussions on the boards following your banning, I got the strong impressions that; you are very intelligent, highly respected by some, you don't hold back, you are strongly opinionated, and you like to cause drama (**in the words of others**)....  I never read "the thread" that got you banned, nor have I seen any of your posts to see your "style" or character....  It was clear that there were people that spoke very highly of you, and there were others that didn't....  And I am certainly NOT trying to pick a fight with you....!  I remain neutral, and am just replying to the content of this thread - for what ever reason, I honestly dunno~....?  (boredom + a bowl + time + a pack of smokes = a long ass post?)  :lol:  I guess I just felt inclined to give an alternative perspective....  Perhaps a view that you will neither share nor respect, as these are not your hands typing this....  I also did make some assumptions based on MY logic in writing this....  My intents of this are not meant to be perceived disrespectful towards you in the least bit....  Just drawn by a certain curiousity....  I know, that is what killed the cat....  :tongue2:    How fitting....! 

The more difficult things seem to become, the more rewarding it is in the end....  Fight the good fight...

ChoW~,
>^;;^<

--------------------
I'll be your midnight French Fry....  :naughty:

"The most important things in life that are often ignored, are the things that one cannot see...."

>^;;^<

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #3603560 - 01/09/05 03:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
I must suck up all the lies and "take it like a man" (isn't that what they say in prison?).

no... what they say in prison is much worse. why not just accept that the past
is done and nothing changes it, move on and continue just posting... we in the
real world call it "growing up", its a term adults like to use.

a couple of others here had similar bans as yours, when they returned they
made a few simple statements and then continued on their way, they didnt drag
it on for weeks even though they had the same sort of support you had and were
banned for a more volitle more controversial issue...

maybe S&P isnt the place for you, Zahid seems to have found a home in another
forum, one where acceptance is easily gained if you are willing to laugh at
yourself and others, of course change is a frightening thing and some people
just cant handle it...

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3603949 - 01/09/05 04:47 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

well said sir.

to swami - feedback is certainly allowed, in fact welcomed. welcome back.

--------------------
buh

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: PhanTomCat]
    #3604080 - 01/09/05 05:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The more corrupt the state, the more numerous it's laws.

It's a sign of system decay and impending collapse whenever a citizen of a society can be arrested for anything at all. Sounds familiar huh?

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: Adamist]
    #3604202 - 01/09/05 05:49 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I dont read S&P posts because they are too long.

If I wanted to spend half an hour reading, I'd read it in print (in a book) rather than some nut espousing their own shit

--------------------

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Feedback not allowed! [Re: blink]
    #3604207 - 01/09/05 05:50 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

blinkidiot said:
I dont read S&P posts because they are too long.

If I wanted to spend half an hour reading, I'd read it in print (in a book) rather than some nut espousing their own shit

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Microscope

Community >> The Pub