Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
First Blue Libertarian Candidate?
    #3595771 - 01/07/05 10:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Starting in 1999, Montana native Stan Jones drank colloidal silver daily, believing it to be a natural antibiotic which would save him from the forecasted Y2K disaster, with its exploding toilets, scant antibiotics, and menacing clouds of anthrax. Jones would later emerge transformed from his sun-dappled home on the Gallatin River, entering the 2002 Montana senate race as the first blue Libertarian candidate.

It's not like the election wasn't a circus to begin with. One Republican candidate had already dropped out after a negative ad portrayed him as a gay hairdresser. The Dems seemed to have it cinched -- until the Blue Man from Bozeman strolled into the place. Soon Jones was making Oddly Enough... headlines across the country, as both a colloidal silver sufferer and a supporter of the practice. Citing his recent lack of colds and other maladies, he became the first high-profile pusher of the alternative medicine in decades, despite his complexion: "It's my fault that I overdosed, but I still believe it's the best antibiotic in the world," Jones said.

At a press conference at the Days Inn in Bozeman, MT, he assured a rabid press that he wasn't a spoiler candidate running on a gimmick. "I'm just practicing for Halloween," he joked, trying to change the subject. Jones promises to end the war on drugs, stop campaign finance reform, and repeal the federal income tax -- which he hasn't paid in three years. Jones steadfastly weathered a storm of smurf jokes and crude flash animatronics before emerging at the bottom of the heap in the contentious Montana election. Jones received 3% of the vote, beating the envious Green party candidate by almost three-thousand votes.

"It's not up to the government to tell any individual what he can put in his mouth or shoot in his arm," Jones said. "The war on drugs is unconstitutional."

http://www.rotten.com/library/medicine/quackery/argyria/

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: First Blue Libertarian Candidate? [Re: Ravus]
    #3596067 - 01/08/05 12:15 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Old news.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleRavus
Not an EggshellWalker
 User Gallery

Loc: Cave of the Patriarchs
Re: First Blue Libertarian Candidate? [Re: z@z.com]
    #3596154 - 01/08/05 12:43 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I realize, but it was rather humorous nonetheless

--------------------
So long as you are praised think only that you are not yet on your own path but on that of another.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: First Blue Libertarian Candidate? [Re: Ravus]
    #3596201 - 01/08/05 12:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ravus said:
I realize, but it was rather humorous nonetheless

Yea it was. I think that guy made us look bad though. So I wanted to discredit him.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion