Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: England
GENOA
    #357846 - 07/20/01 02:41 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

A protester has been murdered by Italian police, who then drove over his body. Another female protester has also been run over and is seriously injured. Our world is controlled by fascist cunts. We must over throw their system by peacfull means if possible

http://www.indymedia.org

Edited by mm. on 07/20/01 04:01 AM.

--------------------
MAPS.org: supporting psychedelic and medical marijuana research since 1986

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: GENOA [Re: mm.]
    #357854 - 07/20/01 02:53 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I could be mistaken but from what i heard is that that person threw a fire extinquisher at a para-military truck and was shot then run over by a different car/truck.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: GENOA [Re: Innvertigo]
    #357895 - 07/20/01 04:02 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

regardless, throwing a fire extinguisher does not warrant being shot. Fire extinguisher hitting a heavily armored riot cop= no harm. Bullet from a semi-automatic weapon hitting the body of an unarmored protestor= death. The two don't equate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: GENOA [Re: ]
    #357901 - 07/20/01 04:08 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Italian military forces are being used to bash protesters protesting the g8 summit. They have shot a protester in the head twice, then backed a large van over his corpse repeatedly to make sure he was dead. They shot him in the head twice and ran over his dead body repeatedly in 'self defence'.
Did anyone else notice that the Italian military forces that are putting down protests are wearing powder blue helmets the same exact style and color as the UN soldiers? Is this a coincidence or is there a UN military presence in Italy?

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Anonymous

Re: GENOA [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #357913 - 07/20/01 04:33 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, I saw the uniforms... but they've always been called 'italian peace keeping forces' or whatever... I dunno, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was UN soldiers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thoughts follow my vision and dance in the sun

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

#357936 - 07/20/01 05:12 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

They are the Carabinieri - the Italian right-wing paramilitary riot police. nothing to do with UN troops

--------------------

InvisibleAgent Cooper
veteran

Loc: right behind you
    #358085 - 07/20/01 11:01 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

InvisibleAgent Cooper
veteran

Loc: right behind you
Re: GENOA [Re: Agent Cooper]
    #358088 - 07/20/01 11:04 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

"The Italian-language Reuters news service
identifies the young man who was murdered
in Genoa today as 23-year-old Carlo
Giuliani, who is from Rome but had been
living in Genoa. (Earlier rumors had
identified him, wrongly, as Spanish.)

Many photos have now been posted from
before, during, and after the killing. They
show clearly that he was shot in the head
with a pistol from point-blank range while
attempting to hurl a fire extinguisher into a
police jeep -- hardly an act that threatened
the life of the police, despite the officer's
claim that he shot the young man in
self-defense.

After Carlo Giuliani fell to the ground from
two gunshots to the head, the jeep backed up
and ran over him."

http://www.abolishthebank.org

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: GENOA [Re: ]
    #359277 - 07/23/01 06:06 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I have noticed things i believe many purposly overlook. In all (or a majority) the cases where a protester gets shot, arrested or handcuffed it turns out that the protesters started it. Since it's Itally the really don't have the same rights as we do so who knows what their laws are on assemby.

I can kill a man with a fire extinquisher as well as with a big stick. What would you be saying it the guy got mortally wounded or lost an eye or something? Probably most on here would say that he deserved it.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#359279 - 07/23/01 06:09 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

you aren't a very bright person are you?.....i'm surprised that i'm the only one who knows your full of it..

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #359280 - 07/23/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Come on now Invertigo, is having a fire extinguisher chucked at you really a life threatening situation? It would be a million to one odds to kill the Itailian cop. About the same odds as a hit pitch hitting the pitcher in the heart or nose and killing them, million to one chance, at best! There was no life threatening situation. Now I suppose it would be possible for it to have been a bomb. But come on, a bomb that looks like and it the same color as a fire extinguisher! I've never heard of anything like that (But then never having being on a bomb squad I could very easily be dead wrong on that, maybe.).
I suppose after all the successes of globalism, such as NAFTA and GAT, and all the millions of high paying jobs they have created, and all the other wonderful benefits such globalist efforts have brought the common working people, that such protests by unions and industrial workers must seem extremely uncalled for. And George Dubya Bush is absolutely right when he says these protestors don't represent the common working people. After all, it is only George Dubya Bush that actually represents the views and beliefs of common working people, and such a strong man of convictions such as him knows what is best for us all, right? Give me a break!

Now for a moment suspend your opinions that the protests were unnecessary. And think about it from an anarchosyndicalistic point of view. These people are fighting to protect their way of life and to protect their chirldens birthright (good high paying jobs). The international trade that these G8 leaders want to expand is destroying their way of life and stealing their childrens birthright. Everything they do is 100% justified.

Now I don't personaly hold the principles of anarchosyndicalism but my own priciples being syndicalism/libertarian liberalism are similar enough that I sympathize with these good hard working people.

Just look at what happened and the available pictures on your own and analyze it for yourself instead of regurgitating the exact same opinions that have been spoon fed to you by the mass media. That's all I ask.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

#359435 - 07/23/01 01:14 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

I have noticed things i believe many purposly overlook. In all (or a majority) the cases where a protester gets shot, arrested or handcuffed it turns out that the protesters started it.

You havent got a clue have you? How about the storming of the Genoa Social Forum by the Italian Police. It was full of sleeping non-violent protesters. The riot police stromed in, lining up everyone against the wall and beating them to within an inch of their life. They also raided the Indymedia centre in order to destroy evidence that police provocateurs had instigated most of the violent protests. I have numerous pics and videos of excessive police brutality at Genoa if your intersted. Also check out Indymedia Global and Indymedia Italy both have loads of the same.

Rail_GUn -
In reply to:

These people are fighting to protect their way of life and to protect their chirldens birthright (good high paying jobs).

These people are not 'anarcho-syndicalsits' but a broad range of groups from environmentalists, anarchists, hard left communists, debt-relief campaigners and church groups and charities
Most people were not there to protect not only their rights but the rights of the millions in the third world who are living in hell as the capitalist system is set up to rape them and their countries. It is also destoying the world Any fool can see that the current situation is unsustainable in the long term - and time is running out.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called CORPORATISM because it is a merger of state and corporate power." -Mussolini

Edited by mm. on 07/23/01 02:29 PM.

--------------------

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

#359564 - 07/23/01 06:11 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleCLuB99
lost somewhere in time and space
Male User Gallery

Loc: my mind
    #359612 - 07/23/01 07:03 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I'm italian, so i'm personally involved about the whole story.
Really i was expecting something like genoa facts.
The dead of that guy will be the first of a long story to be writed.
Silvio berlusconi, and his cocksucker Gianfranco fini(remember those names, you'll hear again) are acting exactly as i though....like fascist as they are....
I have no words....
Is this democracy when who dissent are brutally attacked by the police??? NO!
And the same is everywhere.
If at the next G8 someone goes with a gun i'll be not surprised. And i hope it too!:mad:
I'm tired of all that lies that the western governments (USA for first) tell us.
And berlusconi told that italy will be the "dock" for the usa way of life and freedom!! that's really scares me:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
sorry guys but somewhere i had to talk....

IL_FUNGO_SACRO la coltivazione, gli enteogeni, in italiano
Support the FSR

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#359906 - 07/24/01 07:56 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****You havent got a clue have you? How about the storming of the Genoa Social Forum by the Italian Police****

What about it?..

This is what your article said:

****Demonstrations, attended by members of literally thousands of diverse European and international social justice organizations, featured a mass action of organized civil disobedience headed by the Italian Ya Basta! movement, ****

So tell me knowledged one...what kind of civil disobediance was used?..wouldn't happen to be throwing objects at the "peace-keepers"?
Before you get your panties in a bundle i don't always support the police. Hence a majority of protrsters. actually i'm happy that people have the ability to assemble. But i severly doubt that these protesters were sleeping peaceful and did nothing wrong. Then again these protesters are in Italy not the US and if there's anyone to blame for the violence it'd the italian people not us.

****attempting to break through the sealed off 'Red Zone' security barriers dividing the militarized town of Genoa. Italian police met the demonstrations with violence, resulting in serious injuries from both street clashes and raids on sleeping protesters****

What happened to the peaceful demonstrations that the Genoa Social Forum claims to profess? i believe that any group has the ability to gather but when you start throwing things and beaking laws you give up that right (at least in the US). Sounds to me these protesters involved in the breaking of laws deserved it.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

#360094 - 07/24/01 02:25 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

If you were standing in a peacful demonstration with thousands of people, and one of them throws a rock at the police, does that give them the right to gas and beat you round the head, then arrest you for 'violently resisiting arrest' although you offered no resistance, take you to jail, deny yuou access to a lawyer or anyone else for 48 hours, while they torture you and beat you some more, then charge you with 'incitement to riot', 'assualting a police officer' etc.. for which you face 5 years in jail? That is what happened to hundreds of people in Genoa last weekend.

If your only crime was to stand in a demo to because you think the current political system is bad for the world as a whole, and you were condemend by current political leaders as 'mindless thugs' 'rabble' and 'only there for a fight', whilst facing an orchestrated campaign of unjustifiable police violence and repression. How would you feel then Invertigo, or would you not see yourself in such a situaton as long as you have the freedom to get cheap burgers from McDonalds

I am sure that if not a single protester had performed a violent act, the police would have acted in the same manner.

--------------------

Offline7th
    #360569 - 07/25/01 05:53 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Hi, i'm Italian and I'was in Genoa on Saturday 21. I can affirm that the 300000 people that i saw was absolutly pacific(no one have throwing anything against anyone, the only civil disobedience that we do was shout "assassini" and show our middle finger at police and other order forces, that i consider a legittim act the day after the death of a guy) but no one show even only one picture of this coloured procession (in a political sense); media have do a good job for show what they want show, or maybe what someone (governement?) want show.
I want tell only what i've experienced: i.e. that police have charged thousand pacific people (old and young, reds and catholics...) exploiting the excuse of provocation from "black bloc", about 1000 nazistoid idiot, probably in collusion with order forces (there are many picture and many evidence of this...).
The only things that was break in Genoa were head of hundred people, and the freedom of protest...
it seems that here fascism is came back!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#360580 - 07/25/01 06:27 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****If you were standing in a peacful demonstration with thousands of people, and one of them throws a rock at the police****

ha...it wasn't just one person throwing rocks..get real. That demonstration was anything but peaceful....unless breaking into restricted areas and throwing things at police is peaceful. The "good" protesters should have beaten the shit out of the loser ones.

****does that give them the right to gas and beat you round the head, then arrest you for 'violently resisiting arrest' although you offered no resistance, take you to jail, deny yuou access to a lawyer........****

If they were in the US then i would have to say no. But as i said earlier i don't know the rights that the people have in Italy.

****If your only crime was to stand in a demo to because you think the current political system is bad ****

man are you blind....or choose to be.....i'm sure the protesters wern't singing "kumbia" and "give peace a chance". maybe next time the "good" protesters will stop the assholes from throwing shit at the "peacekeepers"

****and you were condemend by current political leaders as 'mindless thugs' 'rabble' and 'only there for a fight', whilst facing an orchestrated campaign of unjustifiable police violence and repression****

Sticks and stones..............get over it, don't they have a right to express their opinions..i personally think a lot of them people need to get a job.

****How would you feel then Invertigo, or would you not see yourself in such a situaton as long as you have the freedom to get cheap burgers from McDonalds****

i'm not sure exactly what this has to do with me but i prefer KFC....

****I am sure that if not a single protester had performed a violent act, the police would have acted in the same manner.****

you know what they say when you assume.........

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: GENOA [Re: 7th]
    #360581 - 07/25/01 06:34 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****Hi, i'm Italian and I'was in Genoa on Saturday 21. I can affirm that the 300000 people that i saw was absolutly pacific(no one have throwing anything against anyone****

So you're telling me that you saw every single one of the 30,000 protesters and they were totally peaceful? That has got to be the biggest bunch of bullshit i've heard all day

****media have do a good job for show what they want show, or maybe what someone (governement?) want show.****

and you're attempting to do the same...but it wasn't too good

i read the rest of your post but it didn't make sense...sorry

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinemm.
addict
 User Gallery

#360809 - 07/25/01 04:16 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Latest from Indymedia
(translated from Italian)
The Government supports the actions of the Police and retreats in his fortress of absolute majority. 18 more German people have been arrested with the accuse, good for anything now, to be part of the black block: "... and the always present black shirts...". The media puppet, the monster, the emergency walks on without any hindrance.
Demos in all of Italy sympathetic with the arrested ones and the wounded ones, against repression and state and Police violence: more than 200000 people in several cities. The most populated demos in Milan (50000 ppl) and Rome (50000 ppl).

Today about 64 people should be released. Maybe more will be, following the news that GIP (a judge) has not validated saturday night arrests. While news about enquiries begin to flow and arrests (9 only this night in Genoa) and searches (in many arrested people's houses) go on without rest, the Regime spreads: on one side people after being released from jail or jail hospitals is moved to the Police Headquarters without having the possibility to talk to anyone (we don't understand following which law), and after that taken to the airport to be sent in their home country; even a Consul has not managed to convince the Police of the need of the people to mediacl treatment and to the respect of the most basic civil rights. The situation is the same in Pavia, Voghera, Genova. On the other side Vittorio Agnoletto, spokeperson for the GSF, has been fired from his role in the Drug Commision, since "he has expressed dissent regarding the Government actions": a true act of revenge.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom