Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleGreat_Satan
prophet of God
 User Gallery

Dannion Brinkley
    #3595396 - 01/07/05 09:44 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I read Dannion Brinkley's books ?Saved by the Light? and ?At Peace in the Light? a couple years ago. They?re about Dannion Brinkley?s story about being struck by lightening, having a series of out of the body experiences and being taught various things by a number of ?Beings of Light? in the spirit world. I copied some of the things they told him from ?Saved by the Light? here. Compare this to what some religions tell us about being cast out of the Garden of Eden (original sin), being judged in order to go to Heaven and the need to have God/religion control our lives.

page 57:

As these visions ended, I had the amazing realization that these Beings were desperately trying to help us, not because we were such good guys, but because without us advancing spiritually here on earth, they could not become successful in their world. ?You humans are truly the heroes,? a Being told me. ?Those who go to earth are heroes and heroines, because you are doing something that no other spiritual beings have the courage to do. You have gone to earth to co-create with God.?

Page 58-59:

Without words, he told me that everything I had just seen was in the future, but not necessarily cast in stone. ?The flow of human events can be changed, but first people have to know what they are,? said the Being. He communicated to me again their belief that humans were great, powerful, and mighty spiritual Beings. ?We here see everyone who goes to the earth as great adventurers,? he said. ?You had the courage to go and expand your life and take your place in the great adventure that God created known as the world.?
He then told me my purpose on earth. ?You are there to create spiritualistic capitalism,? he said. ?You are to engage this coming system by changing people?s thought processes. Show people how to rely on their spiritual selves instead of the government and churches. Religion is fine, but don?t let people be entirely controlled by it. Humans are mighty spiritual beings. All they need to realize is that love is treating others the way they themselves want to be treated.?

http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue4/ar4plugged.html

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence11.html

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0061008893/104-5892709-1852704

http://www.nhne.com/articles/satransformationcenters.html

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelix4life
Sky
Re: Dannion Brinkley [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3603011 - 01/09/05 12:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I've heard lectures of his and he mentions that between now and 2014 we will realise that we are much more then physical beings. Interesting that the Mayan calandar ends in 2012. Sounds like a huge spiritual shift in the conciousness of mankind.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Dannion Brinkley [Re: felix4life]
    #3603073 - 01/09/05 12:55 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

you do know, that our calendar, ends every 12 month? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dannion Brinkley [Re: Great_Satan]
    #3603075 - 01/09/05 12:56 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

sounds fascinating. In shamanic cultures, being struck by lightning is considerd a clear cut calling from the spirit world for shamanic initiations. Also the few paragraphs you posted resonate with truth, so if i get a chance ill check it out.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Dannion Brinkley [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3603118 - 01/09/05 01:12 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Moonshoe said:
In shamanic cultures, being struck by lightning is considerd a clear cut calling from the spirit world for shamanic initiations.

Which shamanic cultures, specifically?
I'd like to read more on this...

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Dannion Brinkley [Re: Sclorch]
    #3603204 - 01/09/05 01:36 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

couldnt tell you tribe names. But in a religious studies class we studied the various forms by which a shaman was called and elected in his tribe. The source material was a book called "shamans, prophets and sages" and drew on the research of various anthropologists. Lightning strike was considerd a very powerfull one, but other 'callings' included epileptic fits, vivid and meaningfull dreams, survivng a serious injury, recovering from a life threatening illness, being born blind or deformed, etc...

in an animistic world, all natural phenomenon were considerd to have a concious spiritual force behind them, so something like a lightning bolt striking you was about the most dramatic sign of a spiritual prescence possible.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology