Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Terrence McKenna, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinedeafmutelame
Stranger
Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip
    #3595230 - 01/07/05 08:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hi,

I have tried mushrooms twice before.

In the first one, I had 11 gr. of fresh Copelandia and reached a level 3 trip. In the last one, I had 20 gr. of Cubensis and reached a level 3-4.

I had read quit a lot before tripping. Mushrooms get all my respect and I think they deserve you taking the effort to be as much documented as you can before taking them.

On both occasions I had them with friends.

This time I would like to experience a level 5 trip on my own, without a sitter, and make the best out of it.

I would like this to be an experience to always be remembered.

I want to prepare myself for this moment. Fortunately, I have got some time on my own these days, so that I can devote it towards this goal. I will make a report of my preparation, the trip itself and what did I learn (if any) from it.

I'm looking for some guidance, suggestions, reading material and things I might consider doing before it, and this is where you, the most experienced users and, preferably, the ones who have experienced a level 5 trip before can advice. What would YOU do or what would YOU haved done / not done before you had your first level 5 trip if you could choose again?

My plan is exercising at least twice a day, running for 45 minutes each, the week before the trip.

I would keep a mild diet, low on fat and carbohidrates and rich in fruits, vegetables and proteins. No alcohol. The previous 24 hours I would fast.

That week, time would be spent on reading about entheogens, trip reports and your suggestions mostly. The less TV watching the better, if nothing at all, or maybe some documentaries on nature. Lots of relaxed music listening and slow walks around the place and parks.

I have never tried meditation and I'm not that sure I could understand how to properly do it in one week or if it would be benefficial, but I'm open to suggestions.

My other concern is about the kind of mushrooms and dose I can do it.
Where I live, I have access to almost all kind of fresh mushrooms, as they are legal, but not dried ones. Copelandia Cyanescens are hard to find though.

Terence McKenna suggest a dose over 5 gr. dried Cubensis to reach these levels, which should be equivalent to 50 gr fresh. Dosage calculator here suggests 35.6 gr. of fresh Cubensis for a level 5. In both times, I seemed to be the most sensible person to the effects, as I was the only one to have visual hallucionations both times out of the group of friends.

Some people recommend Philosopher's Stones for more introspective trips, but I have not experience with that. In your opinion, what would be the best mushrooms to have for a level 5 experience, either Cubensis, Philosopher's stones, any other kind...or this really doesn't matter much provided the critical dose to reach a level 5 is reached.

The more I read, the more I realise that the key to a enlightening experience is *relax*, let yourself go and embrace whatever is waiting, be it good or bad.

I will share my findings and post them here, if this can be helpful for another people thinking about doing the same.

So let the flow of information and suggestions begin. Links to "must do" reading material, documents, articles and so on are more than welcomed.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: deafmutelame]
    #3595250 - 01/07/05 09:00 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Don't try so hard for a level five trip.
If you are given divine grace, then a level five trip will find you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3595261 - 01/07/05 09:03 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
what he said, most people experience complete ego loss on three grams or less, it will come when you are ready, there is nothing that you can do to expedite it.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3595284 - 01/07/05 09:08 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

except maybe disrespecting them - I hear taking a nap and waking up in the middle of a trip will make your trip stronger just because it's so pissed at you...

That's horrible advice though, I can guarantee it won't be a pleasant ride if you do that.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Edited by Toricious (01/07/05 09:10 PM)

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: deafmutelame]
    #3595297 - 01/07/05 09:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hey!

I was preparing for a level 5, "enlightment" few months ago myself too. I have had before about 15 mushroom trips and experience with several other substances. I was reading a lot, I wanted to come back to the source, see the great spirit, see the truth. I thought that I probably am not ready for this, but am as ready as I will ever be. It was truth - I was not ready but I needed it.

This trip was both hell and heaven. Reaching back the essence was so beautiful and felt like coming back to my true home  -  but soon when I turned on my judgment aparatus I started to think, and analize - as Trent Reznor would put it - "all the worlds weight was on my back, and I didn`t even knew why" - that was the hardest time of my life.

Sorry for rambling :smile:. What I want to say is that your 2 mushroom experiences perhaps are not enough of an experiemce to be ready for going "all the way". Especially if you havent tried them alone yet. I would sugest you to be patient (that pays off with psychedelics in my experience) and try lower dose - first time alone. Really, mushrooms arent going anywhere, of course you will do what you`ll want, but I would wait.

Just my 2c and good luck with the trip, whatever dose it will be.

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #3595589 - 01/07/05 10:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it is not easy or fun to rend the veil on the illusion.
In fact, it should be the most terrifying and amazing experience of your entire life. Because existence really is the great cosmic joke. As the other poster said, you have all the time in the world. Level Five is like walking through the doors of perception. In some ways it is a better life, but in some ways it only raises more questions than the answers that it gives. It makes life much more miraculous and complex than it ever was before.

Again, don't strive for level five. You should use the mushroom to get to "know thyself." If you are ready the level five, or whatever you want to call it, will come to you. You will be ready only when you are ready and not before! :grin:

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: mecreateme]
    #3595665 - 01/07/05 10:34 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

though i kind of feel bad for this person, we are really just giving him a bunch of BS that sounds like something my grandparents would tell me, now i see why they enjoy it so much, lol, dude, you need to get a lot more experience before blowing away that one thought you call reality, think of it as your security blanket for now, and dont ask to much of the shrooms, let the shrooms take you where they will, dont try to control.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3596614 - 01/08/05 02:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't push it like that. Your probably not ready for such an experience yet, even if you think you are. Dont just munch a whole shit load of shrooms and hope for the best. When it happens, it happens.

I guess if you really want to though, 5g dried cubensis should do the trick. Good luck.

Offlinemodsquad09
Lsd doo Dmt
 User Gallery

Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Trainwreck]
    #9930864 - 03/07/09 11:22 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

i had my first UNEXPECTED level 5 off of 2.8 grams dried.. hit me within 10 minutes.. idk if i could handle it again.. ive smoked DMT & done LSD alot since so maybe... but still SHROOMS are a whole nother monster

--------------------

"Think for yourself & question authority!" -T. Leary

"TAKE THE THIRD TOKE!!!" -Terrence McKenna

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

Offlinesuburbanned
Stranger
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Toricious]
    #9931463 - 03/08/09 01:20 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Toricious said:
except maybe disrespecting them - I hear taking a nap and waking up in the middle of a trip will make your trip stronger just because it's so pissed at you...

That's horrible advice though, I can guarantee it won't be a pleasant ride if you do that.

I once popped a tab at 6 am and then woke up at like 830 or 9 tripping my absolute NUTS off.  waking up and seeing your entire wall morphing forgetting that you took a hit 3 hours earlier really is a mind blowing experience, I wish I woulda remembered my dreams.

OfflinePOWAtrippin
Decidedly Undecided.
Male

Loc: zone 9b
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: suburbanned]
    #9931746 - 03/08/09 03:16 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Dreams+Tripping= highlight of my life.  I don't know why someone is knocking sleeping and tripping.

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

OfflineBlockBoy420
the black guy

Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: POWAtrippin]
    #9931811 - 03/08/09 03:33 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

im pAST LEVEL 5 DUDE MANM IM at level 24

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: BlockBoy420]
    #9931928 - 03/08/09 04:03 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

BlockBoy420 said:
im pAST LEVEL 5 DUDE MANM IM at level 24

stfu:lol:

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #9944208 - 03/10/09 07:43 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

My first trip was 5g dry. Loved it, just surrender. Meditate in silenbt darkness for half an hour, then eat 5g mushrooms, and continue meditating.

An hour later it will be very unlikely that you will be thinking of meditating, or moving, or anything normal. See you in the next dimension.

OfflineDeekay
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: The Centre]
    #9944633 - 03/10/09 11:15 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

i reached level 4 my first trip with 3.5 grams, i spent the trip outside by myself and inside with my sister

i haven't tripped around friends but i imagine they would partially inhibit reaching such a peak. Just go outside walk around, lay down, stare at the sky and let go.

on a side note how does one not reach level 5 after eating 5+ grams? i have a 4 or 5g bag that im waiting to eat because im expecting such a heavy trip

--------------------
Check out my gallery :sun:

Do YOU have The Band's sheet music books? I am paying cash!

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North Augusta, SC
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Deekay]
    #9944650 - 03/10/09 11:20 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

you ate 20 grams of cubes, and you have only done mushrooms twice, and you are looking for more?? I can't believe you could even remember the 11 gram cope trip.. that seems a bit much.

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

OfflineThe Centre
I am
Male User Gallery

Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Deekay]
    #9944692 - 03/10/09 11:31 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Deekay said:
i reached level 4 my first trip with 3.5 grams, i spent the trip outside by myself and inside with my sister

i haven't tripped around friends but i imagine they would partially inhibit reaching such a peak. Just go outside walk around, lay down, stare at the sky and let go.

on a side note how does one not reach level 5 after eating 5+ grams? i have a 4 or 5g bag that im waiting to eat because im expecting such a heavy trip

eat the whole bag, and expect ego death.

InvisibleMr. Bojangles
Breathe In
 User Gallery

Loc: The Dirty
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: The Centre]
    #9944873 - 03/10/09 12:16 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

you ate 20 grams of cubes, and you have only done mushrooms twice, and you are looking for more?? I can't believe you could even remember the 11 gram cope trip.. that seems a bit much.

Are you thinking dry?  He said fresh...its a little different

And this thread is 4 years old...

--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Offlineflip3084
greenteajunkie4life
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: North Augusta, SC
Re: Getting ready for a LEVEL 5 trip [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #9944882 - 03/10/09 12:18 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mr. Bojangles said:
Quote:

Are you thinking dry?  He said fresh...its a little different

And this thread is 4 years old...

Damn i missed that, got to im's going, and drinking way to strong green tea.. buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz yeah that makes more since

--------------------

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, Terrence McKenna, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience