Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, DXM, Lava Lamp, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
smart idea or not
    #3594797 - 01/07/05 07:11 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am thinking about doing 1/2 hit of acid tonight and I was wondering if I would still be able to play it cool around my family. I've never tripped before. From what others on the board have said 1/2 might only give me threshold effects. Any suggestions? I'm also incredibly scared to try acid, even 1/2 hit, but I know its something that I eventually want to and have to try. The idea of losing control is kinda freaky so Im considering trying 1/4 hit first and then if it all goes well take the other 1/4? What do you think? I have no friends available to trip sit so it'd just be me in my bedroom with music going on and the lava lamp, black light, christmas lights, possibly strobe light. I also have a little stream and a bunch of trees out back that I would check out once everyones asleep.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: smart idea or not [Re: punkgod94]
    #3594865 - 01/07/05 07:29 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

The title of your post should be "Stupid Idea or Not?" not smart idea. Don't trip around your family, especially if you never tripped before. 1/2 hit or not, you have no idea how you're going to react.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: smart idea or not [Re: djd586]
    #3594890 - 01/07/05 07:33 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well I didnt really think the family would be TOO much of a problem cause my brother doesnt care, I could tell him. And my mom is catching a cold so she'll probably be asleep. That's why I was thinking about starting with 1/4 to see how I would react because I highly doubt 1/4 of a hit would be enough to make me do anything out of the normal in front of good old mom. I'll take your advice into consideration though, thanks man.

InvisibleBaton_Rouge_Voodoo
24 inch Pythons
 User Gallery

Loc: Sec.A-3 Row 18 Seat 10
    #3594962 - 01/07/05 07:51 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Best not to do it alone.

InvisibleLetto
Load Universeinto Cannon. Aimat Brain. Fire.
    #3595097 - 01/07/05 08:17 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

punkgod94 said:
I'm also incredibly scared to try acid, even 1/2 hit, but I know its something that I eventually want to and have to try.

Horrible reason to do ANY drug. You make it sound like you're definitely not ready to try acid, especially in this setting.

OfflineyesNick
kitchy

Loc: Communist China
Re: smart idea or not [Re: Letto]
    #3595136 - 01/07/05 08:28 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Letto said:
Quote:

punkgod94 said:
I'm also incredibly scared to try acid, even 1/2 hit, but I know its something that I eventually want to and have to try.

Horrible reason to do ANY drug. You make it sound like you're definitely not ready to try acid, especially in this setting.

I disagree. Considering that he hasn't done acid yet, I think it is completely natural to have this kind of thought. It's something that you could never imagine until you do it, so it still seems like something to be achieved or "done". And I don't necessarily see this as being problematic. My first time I was apprehensive and wasn't sure but had a great trip.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
Re: smart idea or not [Re: yesNick]
    #3595198 - 01/07/05 08:45 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Have you done mushrooms?

Id suggest taking either a half or a full dose about an hour before you think your mom is going to go to bed. Id probably play around on the internet while your getting alerts... and to stay focused away from them.

Ideally, id say this isnt a great trip setting - but i think you can and will be able to handle it. I dont think a 1/4 dose would be worth it.

Just remember, if things get tense in your head - just lay down and listen to some music to ground you... dont go stumbling around or panicing.. it will end.

I think it might *show* you more, being alone, and you'll get a greater understanding of her potential.

Good luck.

Ps - you might try posting a live trip journal, to let us pry open your experience a tad, and keep you... introspective.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: smart idea or not [Re: headset]
    #3595291 - 01/07/05 09:10 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

IF YOU ARE SCARED DONT DO IT!!!
i cannot emphasize this enough, it is almost a definite precursor to a bad trip.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: smart idea or not [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3595307 - 01/07/05 09:14 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I've always been scared of trying something new, I don't think that it's something that you can really prevent when others talk about "something unexplainable in simple words"...you really can't tell what your gonna get with that.

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
Re: smart idea or not [Re: Letto]
    #3595331 - 01/07/05 09:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Hmmm, I suppose since nobody on the boards really knows me personally that statement probably sounded really bad. Let me start by saying that while I do enjoy pot a lot and use it recreationally I respect the power of hallucinogens, especially the ones nature has given us. I do not want to take acid to party or get fucked up. I want to experience new things. I respect hallucinogens very highly and believe they can lead us down a better path in life if used properly. What I was saying is that I definately want to experience something that can be so great, but Im afraid that I wont find it to be lifechanging or great until the trip is over. I dont want to be terrified the whole time Im tripping. I've read PLENTY of information both on erowid and here about hallucinogens in general. I know that no matter how much reading on the subject I do I will be extremely nervous about trying it that first time...namely because the first time I got stoned I did not prepare myself mentally and I bugged the fuck out. It's something I just HAVE to experience..no amount of reading is going to give me the actual experience. I hope that cleared some confusion up  :crazy:

Also Ive never done mushrooms. I've done a low dose of DXM (270 mg)before but thats it as far as hallucinogens go.

And I realize being scared is not a good way to go into a trip, but theres really no way for me to get away from being scared. I appreciate everyones input. I think I've decided to hold off until tomorrow because Im gonna be at a friends house where I dont have to worry about parents cause he lives alone. It's not my ideal setting but I suppose its better to have a trip sitter than go at it alone.

Edited by punkgod94 (01/07/05 09:25 PM)

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3595507 - 01/07/05 10:06 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

wait untill your parents go to bed, eat a whole dose, enjoi!!!

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #3595803 - 01/07/05 11:02 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

>wait untill your parents go to bed, eat a whole dose, enjoi!!!

Go walk around in nature... If possible. Dont be scared.. LSD will make you happy

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: smart idea or not [Re: Legoulash]
    #3595818 - 01/07/05 11:04 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
nice add on!

--------------------

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
    #3595888 - 01/07/05 11:24 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, dxm is not much of a hallucinogen as far as im concerned. I have taken (this is general discussion not trip tips, so im gonna leave a dose) 1200mg of dex all at once and had very little if any full on "hallucinations" but did have quite an experience. I have had spiritual breakthroughs on dxm, its been great. but besides my house turning into a ginger bread house (well i guess thats a full on hallucination) i havent really imagined anything that wasnt their.

I bet the trip will just be very enjoyable. I havent tried it yet, and am actually trying to get some at this very moment, but its nothing to be nervous about. Its one of those easy to enjoy things if done with a low dose. Well, im used to intense mindfucks on dxm, so i am probably prepared for it, but weed, idk. Just go for it. Have fun.

I wouldnt take it around your family for the first time. I would save it for when your alone in your room or something. I would never try a drug for the first time around my parents. If i actually got high the first time i smoked weed, i would have been FUCKED. Definitely dont try it around your parents. Play it safe, listen to music, and just trip out. You will enjoy it.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: smart idea or not [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3595952 - 01/07/05 11:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Ya, I would suggest that you just wait till everybody is asleep then you dont have to worry about anything, because if you are worring and you take 1/2 hit it might trip you out because you think you will be caught. Also if you arnt completly comfortable at you freinds house and it isnt the best setting for you, dont do it. You have to be in a comfortable setting because your state of mind at that time is very important to the trip. Hope it goes well, good luck.

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3597433 - 01/08/05 08:10 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

so just out of curiousity did you end up eating last night???
how was it???

--------------------

Offlinepunkgod94
Stranger
    #3598279 - 01/08/05 02:20 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

No, I decided not to eat it last night...just wasn't getting good vibes, especially after getting mixed messages here. I am most likely going to try it tonight at my friends house. It's just gonna be me and two other friends. At least the one has done acid before so if I bug out I think he'll be able to calm me down a bit. And aside from being drunk and/or high they wont be tripping. Hopefully it all works out. Everything on this board that I've read said peoples first times were fun not scary so Im hoping for the same. Just gotta think positive I guess. The only reason I'd prefer to do it in my room instead is because theres loads of trip toys and stuff to look at in my room. But I'll just bring over my awesome headphones and mp3 player to my buddys house so I can chill.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

#3598372 - 01/08/05 02:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

good luck, make sure to tell us all about it...
love and light and enjoy your journey!
just remember, once you open them, they can never be closed.

--------------------

Invisiblehellbender

#3598573 - 01/08/05 03:21 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Assuming that a full hit of this acid would be a small square of paper maybe 1/4 inch X 1/4 inch, and you have half of that, then definitely take the whole thing. Even if it's potent stuff, a half hit isn't going to do much for you but give you a taste of what acid is like. It almost certainly won't make you freak out.

Also, I've never been able to have a decent trip if I'm around people who aren't tripping. Mixing with drunk people is the worst IMO, even if they are friends. On the other hand, having an experienced tripper around might be a good thing for you. Plus with such a small dose, you shouldn't lose your grip on reality too much and should still be able to communicate for the most part.

I'd personally go it alone, but whatever you do you should have a great time if you go in with the right mindset.

Offlineheadset
Stranger
    #3598584 - 01/08/05 03:22 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:

just remember, once you open them, they can never be closed.

Anti psychotic drugs will close the doors of perception and inspiration.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Aldous Huxley, DXM, Lava Lamp, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience