Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
incubation lighting.
    #3589409 - 01/06/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

now i read and am fairly confident but as a new grower not positive, while incubating there should be no light at all? is this true? and if there is light what problems would this cause? sorry if this is a common question but i didnt really find much about this topic. thanks alot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
Re: incubation lighting. [Re: zerodefect]
    #3589467 - 01/06/05 03:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You are correct. Incubation should be done the dark at temps of 84-86F degrees. The reason you don't want light is because light is one of triggers that tells the mycelium when to start pinning. Other triggers include a drop in temperature of about 10F degrees and a fully colonized substrate. If you were to keep them in the light you would be forfieting one of your valuable pinning triggers. I've also seen cases where lighted incubation caused the myc to start invitro pinning way too early even before the cakes were fully colonized.

--------------------

Offlinezerodefect
Stranger
Re: incubation lighting. [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3592999 - 01/07/05 09:07 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

alrite sounds good. now occasional light wouldnt cause that would it? like turning the lights on in the room? i have my setup in my bedroom so there is time to time where i have to turn the lights on but it would be only for like 2 minutes a day maybe? would that make a difference? actaully dont worry about it ill just put it in the closet then i dont have anything to worry about. thanks alot for your help.

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: incubation lighting. [Re: zerodefect]
    #3593019 - 01/07/05 09:18 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup:

checking on them every day :thumbdown:
I did that a lot and it took them forever to fully colonize, check about every 3 days er so.

Good luck

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: incubation lighting. [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3594636 - 01/07/05 04:41 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't check them until day 5 and thats because I can't stand it! But I'll tell ya the wait is well worth the view of vastly expanded mycelium growth! It also gives you a better idea of how things are moving along when ya only look every few days. I don't ever expect newbies to not look everyday because it's just way too damn exciting for sure! I use a red light when I do check in on them and I keep it as brief as possible. FYI GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

InvisibleDerGeist
Completing theCycle

Loc: The Other Side
Re: incubation lighting. [Re: hyphae]
    #3594745 - 01/07/05 05:03 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Was going to ask if it was "safer" to check with a red, or green light. Thanks Hyphae!

DG

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: incubation lighting. [Re: DerGeist]
    #3594863 - 01/07/05 05:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i checked every day my first time and didn't get any invitro pinning, but i've seen it happen through pictures here.

now i wait a few days, check them, and then forget for about a week. when you're taking care of a few things at once, it's more exciting to take care of the stuff growing mushrooms than just the jars. :smile:

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom