Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Mushrooms and the darkness
    #3594244 - 01/07/05 05:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

after reading my first terrence mckenna book i became infactuated with mushrooms. whenever it is usually around the 5-7 gram dry range. i eat them with alitle orange juice. as soon as i feel the slightest effect (which is usually as soon as i have swallowed the well chewed mushrooms) i shut the lights off, cover up any lights and clocks(i usually do this before hand but sometimes i do it to pass the time) so that no light is anywhere to be found. or i go into my closet (my closet is huge, abou half the size of my room, but can get cold in the winter) and find a comfy spot, usually on my back or sitting with my legs crossed, in a sort-of mediation position. i sit in the darkness until the very end of my trip, to where the trip has run down and my brain is too tired to handle anymore. music is questionable. i LOVE pink floyd for my tripping experiences, but then again, i love the silence. i love hearing the voices of the mushrooms. its hard to choose which i like more when it comes down to tripping. but either way, it puts me in the zone. but ive noticed over the years of tripping that darkness just isnt quite what it used to be. darkeness used to be somewhat scary now, it just remind me of the abbyss i was sent through on my many trips. maybe its just me, but does anyone else notice that the darkness isnt just darkness any more? not only visually what it used to be , but also physically. darkness doesnt seem to be just black anymore, there is something always on the other side that i cant seem to see.darkness isnt as "scary" as it used to be either, now it just reminds me of the days and nights ive spent flyin around in the nothin. its hard to explain, im still tryign to explain it to this day. but if anyone aunderstand what im trying to say please give up some info.  mushrooms. trippin. hiyo. wiod. lateron  :mushroom2:

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: Damn]
    #3594410 - 01/07/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Heya,

Interesting post, I feel the same too.  Used to be afraid of the dark, but ever since tripping there are few places I'd rather be at times.  The same comfort I find in a warm, sunny day I now find in the dark as well.  Pretty strange considering I used to be scared of the dark.  It is definitely trip related though.

Darkness = safety :cool2:

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: Holydiver]
    #3594532 - 01/07/05 06:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

there is allways something beyond what appears to be nothing.

thank you for helping me think of that.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: Damn]
    #3596932 - 01/08/05 03:36 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

how often do you trp?

OfflineLeukoism
Dark Canopy View

Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: stefan]
    #3596999 - 01/08/05 03:53 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I think that you have used the darkness too much, it is now a figure that your mind creates when the trip begins. The first time using it was the most potent and realizing factor, now you must find another sorce untill the mind forgets. give it a few months and it will be back to almost normal. or you could try different music, maybe some techno/rave to enhance the trip. I know when I'm sober techno trips my mind!!

--------------------
May it have been the one that you are no longer aware, but now it has become a reality.

-----Enter the craze untill you have seen!-----

--------------------------

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: Leukoism]
    #3597215 - 01/08/05 05:05 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

indeed, variation = key (also with smoking pot!!)

Offlinediablovt1125
Mushroom Man
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: stefan]
    #3598760 - 01/08/05 04:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

You can only visit the same place some many times before it looses its originality... I know the feeling.

Take a break, spend some trips outdoors, enjoy the beauty around you instead of blacking it, you might find something new.

--------------------
Know yourself, know your substance, and know your source

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: diablovt1125]
    #3599480 - 01/08/05 06:16 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah Id agree with diablov, take a break from the darkness and add some variarition to it, I personally like the nature enviroments :smile:

OfflineDamn
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms and the darkness [Re: Springs]
    #3599539 - 01/08/05 06:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

im not sick of the darkness at all, just like he said "darkness = safety.". when im tripping i feel like i am galaxies away from anything near normal reality. when im tripping in the dark i get that feeling as if i just got home from not being home for months. its very comforting. and see ,ive tripped amny other places, day and nightime. i love tripping no matter where it is. the darkness is just nice because im not focusing on anything, i dnt feel any stress on my vision. im just floating around in darkness.i dont trip very often. maybe once every 2-3 months or so. afer taking a 5-7gram dose i feel no need to trip again until months later the idea with snap back into my head and ill have the urge to expand my mind. im not tired of tripping in the same spot, nor do i think my mind creates this figure when i start tripping. all my trips are diffrent in a very diffrent way each time. sitting in the dark is always mind blowing. and i like hearing for the mushrooms voices , when im in the dark im not focused on anything, just a blank nothingness. its somewhat easier to hear what there tryi nto tell me. but this is just my view point. i definatly am gonna try some new trippin spots, see where my mind can take me.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Pink Floyd, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience