Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Bulk grow cross country!? Please help!
    #3593213 - 01/07/05 12:29 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Hello everyone. I am writing a short FICTIONAL story that is getting published VERY SOON. There is a SERIOUS problem at the end of the story, and I would like everyone's input. You can probably skip to the last paragraph, and be able to answer. Read the whole thing for details.

-------------------
I was on vacation. At home during that vacation, I had 10 pounds of pasteurized compost in spawn run. I returned home 8 days into that spawn run to find nice 100% completion. 

Sounds gravy right? Now try this on for size. All of a sudden I was to be moved from where I was in Virginia to California (cOaSt To CoAsT!) 8 days after casing...and the move was to be in a car...not a plane.

Suddenly my happy, fun loving cubie world was shattered. What to do? My Agar dishes had all sorts of soft white love... loving ... them ...not only that, they were 10 MASTER strains of different cubies!

What to do? I called a close friend that I could trust. I sat him down and told him the deal. He understood, and happily agreed to help. I am a pretty generous person when it comes to friends... plus he knew he would get HOOKED up if things went well. Besides that, if I didn't get his help all of my love was good as garbage!

So, I moved operations to his house. I left written directions. He had the ability to call me any time for questions. A couple of days later I arrived in California. I called my friend and gave him the green light. He immediately harvested the first flush, packed things up (including my precious agar dishes!) and mailed everything.

-----------------
Now here is where I need your help. How should my character in this story ship those damned casings!? :confused: How do you pack something like that without killing your next fluhes?

(extra questions below)
Also, what would you have done differently. Any other ideas or thoughts concerning moving operations like that? Is it just a plain bad idea, and shouldn't have been attempted in the first place? Would you trust someone who has no prior knowledge of raising cubies (no matter how smart they are in the first place)...to see your casings through a few flushes?

Please help, this short fictional story goes to review for publication VERY soon!

Thanks everyone.

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleshobimono
Why?
Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: ADoobie]
    #3593457 - 01/07/05 01:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

You don't send them. You give them to your friend for helping you out. You have your master strains, so you start growing new casings.
Throw your friend a bone and don't take the risk shipping them.

Invisibledobinky
infoseeker
 User Gallery
Loc: Wiki, Kentucky
    #3593486 - 01/07/05 02:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

you shoulda just put them in car...

--------------------
Today?s Pig is Tomorrow?s Bacon

Offlinejonas

Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: dobinky]
    #3593885 - 01/07/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I agree with both you guys. You SHOULD'VE put them in the car. Too late for that though, so definately give them to your friend. He could've just been a scumbag and taken all your shrooms.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: jonas]
    #3593893 - 01/07/05 03:59 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

road trip
for sure

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

OfflineIGnosticAbhorI
Stranger-er

Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3593978 - 01/07/05 04:17 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I've got you covered, Ill pm it to you...
good luck

Offlineindigo758
psyentist

Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: IGnosticAbhorI]
    #3594661 - 01/07/05 06:46 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Don't ship em, esp to california. Let him keep em. Make new ones and be very happy your agar master strains made it. Dont' eat yellow snow.

--------------------
please allow me to introduce myself, i'm a man of wealth and taste...

InvisibleADoobie
AdoobieShroomery
Male
Loc: I moved!
Re: Bulk grow cross country!? Please help! [Re: indigo758]
    #3594960 - 01/07/05 07:50 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think you guys misunderstood.

First of all, this is all in the future. As far as the story goes so far, the character has just gotten back from vacation. He is about to case. He is NOT PLANNING ON having CUBIES shipped. Those he will give to the friend (first flush at least). He is planning on having CASINGS shipped as soon as first flush picked; bad idea? What if casing was to be impulse seeled in a bag so it was secure, then slapped in a box and shipped out?

--------------------
ADoobie said:
I know what strikes me as odd about this. It is totally unnatural. The whole idea is just totally backwards.

So are historians going to look back at 'The Great Cake Eaters'? Damn. That was a backwards step in the evolutionary process. We left Shroomheads in the dust. Welcome to the new age of Vermheads.

VvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVvVv

I ONLY STUDY legal, edible mushrooms and mycology. Any mention of any other kind of mushroom is purely fictional, and pictures are ripped from the internet. I do not grow mushrooms!

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3594995 - 01/07/05 07:57 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

personally, i'd just carry the non-fruiting casing with me, or give it to my friend... but take the petri dishes with you... impulse sealed would be a good thing. :smile:

you're gonna want to hold on to those strains since you can't get spores shipped to CA very easily...

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Agar, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation