Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineskystone
stop the motion
Loc: state,country,etc.
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Springs]
    #3593711 - 01/07/05 01:14 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How do you know that dolphins really talked to you and that those were not hallucinations?

--------------------
"..and suddenly it began to rain"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: skystone]
    #3593736 - 01/07/05 01:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i once communicated with a dolphin. It was blue, and pressed on a small pill.

I found him highly enjoyable company

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Springs]
    #3594046 - 01/07/05 02:37 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Is it not plossible that science is obsolete? And that we as highly intelegent beings cannot figure out what needs to be done through what we learn from these altered(higher) states of consiousness?

What Im saying is I believe that as we go towards these states and live within them we wont need science to figure out how to live 200 years, why is it nessisary to coquer death when we dont even know what it is.

So I say smoke down your dolphins let them teach us and show us the way.

What altered states are you talking about? In the movie the main character ended up turning into a monkey and killed animals at the zoo. Not very enlightened if you ask me!

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

Invisiblelooner2
ABBA fan

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3594053 - 01/07/05 02:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Dolphins along with whales, are the gatekeepers or guardians of the 3rd and 4th dimensions.

Was this whale taking the kayaker to another dimension, murdering him, or just trying to win a belly-flop contest?

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/whaleandkayak.html

--------------------
I am in love with Acidic_Sloth

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3594167 - 01/07/05 03:09 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I once communicated with 6 such dolpins concurrently....they were pressed onto little squares of paper. I wonder if they knew your dolphins?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #3594219 - 01/07/05 03:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

What are you actually asking here? Are you literally asking if we have "hostility" to that idea, or are you wondering whether or not we believe the idea? And why did you choose to word the question as you did?

ya i realize "hostile" is a bit of a strong word, i din't mean it like that. i was jsut wondering if anybody out there doesn't agree that we could evolve, as a species, on a mental level, and significantly.

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Moonshoe]
    #3594292 - 01/07/05 03:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, so apparently no one here objects the possibility of evolution of consciousness...
so my question is, why aren't we doing any efforts to xplore the possibilities that our consciousness offers? is it because we don't want to, don't know how to, don't know why we would, or because we love duality too much, or because we're not sure of ourselves, not ready yet, or does it scare us, or is it because we are simply uninformed? maybe we just need to get the maximum out of this actual level of awareness before continuing our journey?

so?

According to one successful consciousness explorer here, Moonshoe, not only is such an evolution possible, but desirable!
So moonshoe, could you tell us why it is desirable, and try to conclude with why its not happening?

Offlinetheknighterrant
errant knight
 User Gallery

Loc: somewhere in western cana...
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3594413 - 01/07/05 04:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i am certain that one of the major reasons that mankind is not evolving our conciousness very quickly at this point is that the majority of people are locked into either: a. a monotheistic belief structure that requires the mediation of priests rather than a direct experience of the numinous or b. a materialistic belief structure that does not include the direct experience of the numinous. western society, in particular, is suffering from both. more than this, we have convinced almost everyone else that our belief structure is the only one that is 'real'. granted, i have made some sweeping statements here, but in general they are applicable.
we have lost the intimate connection that the ancients had with the numinous. modern man is slowly beginning to reconnect, but it is a slow and often painful process that most people will not choose to undergo. until we no longer focus on the need to accumulate wealth and power mankind as a whole will evolve its conciousness in a plodding way.
btw, i worked for a number of years with dolphins. they are not friendly or telepathic. the large frontal lobes are needed because cetaceans cannot dream. the integration of new experiences that occurs in normal dreaming (note: not all dreaming is mere experience integration) is denied cetaceans. their frontal lobes (where such integration takes place) must therefore be larger and more active than they are in other mammals. only one other mammal has such proportionally large frontal lobes is the spiny anteater (it is also the only other mammal that does not dream).

tke

--------------------
The oldest and strongest emotion of man is fear. The oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.
--H.P. Lovecraft

Demented Piper Press

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: theknighterrant]
    #3594534 - 01/07/05 04:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

:thumbup: :smile:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: exclusive58]
    #3594560 - 01/07/05 04:27 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

evolution of consciousness?
how a bout consciousness of evolution?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Gomp]
    #3594584 - 01/07/05 04:31 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

are you saying that we have to be conscious of the possibility of evolution in order to evolve before any evolution can occur?

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #3594770 - 01/07/05 05:07 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"so my question is, why aren't we doing any efforts to xplore the possibilities that our consciousness offers"

i think what you mean is, "why arent I doing anything to explore the possibilities that MY conciousness offers?"

personally i do every day. But first, why is it desirable? well conciousness change in and of itself can be either positive or negative, it depends on the nature of that change. some changes, like those induced by alcohol or depression, are not positive.

However, when we conciously and intentionally change our conciousness , we can achieve great things.

Examples are abundant. the athlete who 'gets in the zone' to reach peak performance. The psychonaut who takes shrooms to achieve revelation. The lucid dreamer who masters the techniques of dreaming for enjoyment and learning. The meditator who reaches inner peace. The lover who tunes in to his mates emotional and physical wavelength to achieve great sex.

All of these are everyday examples of what our mind can do.

Personally my main techniques of conciousness exploration are

1. lucid dreaming
2. planned and meaningfull psychadelic drug use
3. concious emotional control (maintaining states of joy, compassion, equanimity, peace etc)
4. meditation to achieve relaxation and mindfullness
5. concentration in athletics
6. mindfullness and awareness in daily life

all of these take our mind (and therefore our experience) to drastically different locations than what it occupies during regular, waking conciousness.

like it or not our conciousness is changing constantly, but if you are aware of it and focused that change can be a positive evolution instead of a negative devolution.

PEACE!

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: looner2]
    #3595502 - 01/07/05 08:05 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said: 

Was this whale taking the kayaker to another dimension, murdering him, or just trying to win a belly-flop contest?

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/whaleandkayak.html

lol. :crazy2: that whale sent him to another dimension all right. the plane of the Bardo.*(The Layer of reality not normally within human perceptions acessed after one dies. some believe its a DMT related state of consciousness)

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: Zekebomb]
    #3595788 - 01/07/05 08:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zekebomb said:
Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness?

I'm not going to be judgemental or anything, I'm just interested in what you guys have to say.

the word 'hostile' is already a judgement

Zekebomb pointed out what I was getting at. People disagreeing with you isn't a sound example of hostility. It says more about your insecurities. Why do you label the people who could potentially disagree with you as "hostile"?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

#3595876 - 01/07/05 09:20 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't know what I'm saying :P (typing BTW, not that i don't know it does count as same thing?) :P
Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness, are you hostile to the idea of the consciousness of evolution?
ergo hostile to the idea of that we have to be conscious of the possibility of evolution in order to evolve before any evolution can occur? which is what?

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineenquirewithin
Stranger
    #3596219 - 01/07/05 10:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

How do you define the different 'specific' states?

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: enquirewithin]
    #3596295 - 01/07/05 11:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

evolution of consciousness is the consciousness of evolution? :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #3596367 - 01/07/05 11:22 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

as soon as evolution produces a consciousness, evolution becomes a conscious process, thus the process itself evolves.

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: Are you hostile to the idea of the evolution of consciousness? [Re: skystone]
    #3596374 - 01/07/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #3596377 - 01/07/05 11:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

exclusive58 said:
I just want to get different opinions from people who think that the talk they might have been hearing here concerning spiritual evolution is off from reality.

I see no real evidence of spiritual evolution or any other type of evolution. I am a Christian (I know many here disagree with me), but I believe that we are devolving if anything. I'm sure most people here will agree with me that there is a spiritual aspect to life, but I believe that most people don't recognize what the spiritual aspect to life really means. I think fewer and fewer people recognize the truth because they believe that scientific advancement will show them them the truth. I do not reject scientific evidence, but I do interpret it differently than others. II am too tired right now to give specifics, but I will be glad to defend my points in the morning.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order