Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: PMP vs Casings [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #3592451 - 01/07/05 04:02 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

yah they call them bubblewands. I have two, 5 inch long, airstones in the PMP since I cannot find a bubblewand here.

Anyone knows if i puncture the airtube with like 20 small holes does that work as a ghetto bubblewand?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #3592489 - 01/07/05 04:20 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Well the main purpose of the bubble wands is to do the air exchange. You'll notice if you shut them off the humidity hardly changes. Now the pmp is designed for cakes but can handle a few casings. For cakes it supplies the moisture by being put on the geolite, lava rock so it can wick from them. Like I saw in a earlier post when you cover the majority of the surface with casing containers you cut off your humidity then you are pretty much left up to what the pump can do and as far as moisture and it isn't much.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
Re: PMP vs Casings [Re: Magash]
    #3592512 - 01/07/05 04:54 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Ok Magash I think I have it answered for the casings part.
Hard to double end the cakes though when bottomless.

Now the current humidity I think it is too low. I put off the airpump (fan by hand 5/6 times a day) and RH seems to raise. Airexchange seems to dry out the PMP?

Also it is believed that a slightly lower waterlevel INCREASES RH? How important is the waterlevel-geolitelevel "ratio" ?
You mentioned water should be at 3/4 of the geolite. Why is that?

--------------------

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.

Loc: Middle of nowhere
    #3592614 - 01/07/05 05:46 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

a certain amount of substrate above the water level actually wicks up the water and with the porous nature of perlite/geolite, it's more easily moved into the air.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order