Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
mycelium syringe
    #3587343 - 01/06/05 01:40 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I don't want to be a bother but iv been reading this tek
http://www.shroomery.org/index/the/default/par/7943

I am wondering if this would work for me.  I am growing mushrooms in 1/2 pint jars with brown rice flour, vermiclute and water and my mushroom strain is ecuador.  I have 9 jars almost completely filled with mycelium and I am wondering if I took one of my jars and used this tek with a few syringes would it work. Would i be able to grow more 1/2 pint jars with brown rice flour, vermiculite and water like iv done now. I orginal bought a ecuador spore syringe but I dont want to buy another and I would like to start colonizing more jars before having to wait for a mushroom to grow because my jars arnt completely filled with mycelium and I prolly got about 2 or 3 weeks till i got a mushroom to make a spore print. Meybe this tek is only for rye ? could someone help please sorry if this is a stupid question im kinda new to all this. thx :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: mycelium syringe [Re: WorkYou]
    #3587368 - 01/06/05 01:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Usong mycelium to make syringes will work fine. Your jars should also colonize a little faster. Just make sure to be sterile the whole way.

You could also wait till you fruit and make a sporeprint.

Good Luck

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
Re: mycelium syringe [Re: shroommachine]
    #3587373 - 01/06/05 01:51 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I think ill try both ways. THANKS!!!!:):D
btw what does Usong mean ?
aslo what is the downside to using mycelium syringe it seems so easy why doesnt everyone do it ?

Edited by WorkYou (01/06/05 02:13 AM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3587475 - 01/06/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

"Usong" is the correct spelling of "using", or at least it should be.

I just read the downside. Turns out if you use the same mycelium more than like 3 generations, the genetics start to degrade. So if you colonized 12 jars from spores, crumbled 1 to make a syringe for 12 more jars, then crumbled that jar to make another syringe, you should then make a sporeprint instead of crumbling again.

--------------------
And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Offlinelesstutrey
All Weather Associate
 User Gallery

Loc: Chicagoland
    #3587634 - 01/06/05 03:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like you have the idea. what you say should work. as as shroom machine says, you don't want to go to far with mycelium cloning. they get wierd after a while.

OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
Re: mycelium syringe [Re: lesstutrey]
    #3587706 - 01/06/05 03:58 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ah thanks
also i am almost ready to birth my cakes and i am wondering a few things..

Is it a good idea to dunk them ?

I just found out about casing.. is that a good idea for ur first time? I dont have a humidifier i am just planning to spray my fruiting chamber and using a bottom layer of perlite.. do u need to spray if u use the casing method?i would think so but i looked on hawkeye and they had this crazy casing tank thing and I didnt see them using anything for humidity..

Also i made this fancy fruiting chamber but i dunno if it will work now.. I put tiles in a trunk sorta thing and i use glue and other things and it kinda stinks.. could these other gases from glue ect make the mushrooms not grow ? iv never build anything before does anyone know if this smell will go away

I have lots of questions ! but don't know anyone who knows anything about mushrooms.. would be great to talk to someone :smile:
msn = Nathanjones9@hotmail.com

i got pics of my chamber i dunno if it will work i think i went overboard...

Edited by WorkYou (01/06/05 04:01 AM)

Invisiblemuse_sick
ĤŌĿŶĞЋ0$Ŧ

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Giu La Testa
    #3587864 - 01/06/05 06:30 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

just do karo tek
easier to have one big myc jar
and just draw out individual syringes when you need them
then draw out a whole bunch at once
just my opinion, though
the only real downside i have found to working with liquid culture is sometimes you can have contams lurking and not even realize it until late in the game.
and go ahead, post your chamber, we'd love to see it...

--------------------
:beakedwhale:

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: mycelium syringe [Re: muse_sick]
    #3587881 - 01/06/05 06:50 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

>the only real downside i have found to working wih liquid culture is sometimes you can
>have contams lurking and not even realize it until late in the game.

And this is a GREAT downside, unfortunately......

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3591734 - 01/06/05 11:38 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

as far as casings, they tend to generate some humidity. Perlite tends to be a bad idea because casings tend to cover to much surface area. just mist 2-3 times a day. make sure not to mix diretly on pins though.

--------------------

OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
    #3592006 - 01/07/05 12:47 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My terrarium is about 27 inches wide and 15 inches high. I have 9 cakes. I am thinking i want to meybe use 4 cakes for casing. Try two casings, two cakes for each. Then leave 5 cakes normal. I have nothing for humidity. All the teks seem to say use 1" of perlite on the bottom but im thinking if i put meybe 1/4" or 1/2" of perlite then got humidity from two casings then sparyed a few times a day would that be fine ? or do u think that wouldn't be enough humidity ?

Also what about gases from glue can that cause the mushrooms not to grow ?

also should I dunk my cakes after I birth them? my plan is to grow as many mushrooms as possible.. does dunking make a difference ?

Edited by WorkYou (01/07/05 12:50 AM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3592032 - 01/07/05 01:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Spraying a few times a day should be fine. Try to spray a little extra the first week or so to help with pinning. You may want to coldshock also. Otherwise sounds good.

--------------------

OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
    #3592046 - 01/07/05 01:08 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

what exactly is cold shock ?
ill read some teks about it now.

Edited by WorkYou (01/07/05 01:09 AM)

Offlineshroommachine
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #3592067 - 01/07/05 01:19 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

It's essentially tossing your cakes in the fridge for about a day before birthing. It would work better if your whole grow chamber could fit in the fridge. Mushrooms in the wild start pinning when some or all of certain conditions are met.

Humidity: 80-95 percent

Temp somewhere around 74-86 degrees(may be off in numbers)

Light: not much needed, tells shrooms where to grow.

I think the temp probably has to do with telling mycelium that the cow it's growing in has taken a crap, and they won't grow shrooms inside the cows digestive tract. Not sure though. :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

--------------------

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #3592263 - 01/07/05 02:32 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Cold shocking cubes is not necessary and can delay pinning.

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineWorkYou
Stranger
Re: mycelium syringe [Re: dog]
    #3592282 - 01/07/05 02:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i got ecuadors thats cubes right ?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck