Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Male User Gallery
Loc: Florida
lsd vs. shrooms
    #3591993 - 01/07/05 02:39 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

A day or 2 ago, i ate some mushrooms. The level of my trip was about the same as my last acid trip. I noticed a few differences. The strain was B+.

1) Trails, the trails on lsd are much more visible. A bird flying by on cid appears as a long black line. Shrooms tend to be more like shadows following.

2)the WOW quality is much more pronounced on cid. By this I mean I tend to have more realizations like, "That car could fit in my pocket", or "That lizard is controling my visuals."

This is probably attributable to the fact that i was not in the best setting on my last shroom trip. 

3) Acid tends to give me the feeling that i'm in a different world. This is like a suddn cold feeling in my soul, with a warm body feeling.

Give me your thoughts please. :mushroom2: :syringe: :mushroom2: :syringe:

And I said, I don't care if they lay me off either, because I told, I told Bill that if they move my desk one more time, then, then I'm, I'm quitting, I'm going to quit. And, and I told Don too, because they've moved my desk ...four times already this year and I used to be over by the window and I could see the squirrels, and they were merry, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and its not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator

Re: lsd vs. shrooms [Re: shroommachine]
    #3592053 - 01/07/05 03:12 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

never had a chance to do acid :frown:

Passing By

Re: lsd vs. shrooms [Re: SHiZNO]
    #3593032 - 01/07/05 11:22 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I've only taken acid once, but I took 4 hits so I think I got a pretty good handle on it. Personally I favor mushrooms because of the length of the trip. 12-14 hours is sometimes just too long to be tripping. I agree with you about the tracers. They're certainly different and acid tracers are more pronounced, but mushrooms tracers can be really cool (watching leaves falling off of trees, watching falling snow, watching someone trace patterns in the carpet with their finger, etc)

As far as the WOW quality, I had some pretty intense realizations on acid, but I wouldn't discredit the many great realizations I've come to on mushrooms. The mushroom trip is a more malleable experience. Acid pushes you into a realization of spiritual and universal awareness, while mushrooms simply present the opportunity for exploration. If there is something in your life that you want to work out, you can go into a mushroom trip with that in mind and usually come out of it having learned a lot.

Mushrooms can also make you feel connected to another world, but you should be familiar with what you're looking for. I think acid and mushrooms help you transcend this world, but I'm not convinced that they both take you to the same place.

One more note on visuals: Acid visuals are MUCH more pronounced. You see things that just aren't there. You also have a degree of control over how your visuals take shape. Mushroom visuals tend to be visual distortions such as things breathing or moving, rivers flowing through wood grain (and sometimes wood grain in things that don't have wood grain!) and patterning. The only really intense, obvious visual that I consistently have from mushrooms is red patterning all over my body. It looks like a moving tatoo in bright red all over my hands, arms, legs, everything. Does anyone else have this particular visual. I think it's an expression of my chakra, energy, chi, or whatever you want to call it, but it's been one of my favorite visuals to explore.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience