Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

dried san pedro question
    #3586265 - 01/05/05 09:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

has anyone tried any of the dried san pedro from any of the sites? i was thinking of ordering the incense from shamanspalace. anyone try it? hows it, uh, smell and how much did you um, burn? im extremely interested in getting some. if theres any places that are a lot better, i doubt it, but, let me know. if you have a good incense reprt from this stuff, id also like to hear, it, pm it ot me if you cant post it, i think thats a reasonable concern  :wink:. oh, and try to keep it about san pedro, not peruvian torch, i dont need to hear that, i know its a stronger... smell, but its more expensive too, i dont have too much money i can spend freely.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
Re: dried san pedro question [Re: empnero]
    #3586353 - 01/05/05 09:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

most of these places sell a mix between the dark green flesh and the light green/white spongey material. i don't like this at all. the dark green flesh is what you want and the white material brings down the weight. it's best to just order a few cuttings and chop it yourself. it also makes the experience more fulfilling and worthwhile, i find. it's even more fulfilling to prepare homegrown cactus, though with some, this is not an option. order some cuttings, it's not that hard to chop up....

. just de-spine it first ( cut little "V"'s).
. then remove the waxy skin (slowly and carefully. the dark green flesh is directly under it)
. take your skinless specimen and cut into smaller pieces (some like to cut by the rib, wedge style, while others prefer to cut into slices (remembling stars))
. now with these smaller pieces, cut and save, the top, dark green flesh.
. discard the core and white material.

sometimes with removal of the skin, pieces of the dark green flesh can stick to the waxy skin. take a knife and run it across the under skin to remove. it's my belief that the most potent part is the layer right up on the skin. even if it doesn't look like much, get it all.

be safe and have a good one :smile:

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: dried san pedro question [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3586424 - 01/05/05 09:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

thanks, and i was considering that, but for the price, and how many people that are possibly interested, i dont think thats doable at the moment, but i do plan on getting cuttings eventually to grow and slice up. anyway, the site says this
"This cactus material is Fresh Sun dried in the mountain's of Peru. Very High Quality Spineless , Coreless , Skinless, Sliced, Crisp dried Tissue" and that seems to be just what i need. i will try your info either eventually or soon if i cant get good info, but thanks a lot for the advice!

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

#3586919 - 01/05/05 11:15 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

oh and also, should an ounce be enough?

InvisiblePsilostylin
Captain Save Em'
Loc: New Orleans!
    #3588843 - 01/06/05 12:17 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

an ounce would be enough if it was just the dark green flesh. but since it's a mix between the green and white, it's best to go with 2. honestly bro, it would be a lot cheaper and a lot more whorthwhile to just order a cutting and prepare it yourself. the white flesh brings down the weight and contains close to none alkaloids. focus on the dark green :wink: plus part of the experience of a mescaline ceremony is the preparation, just as with ayahuasca.

just my $0.02

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: dried san pedro question [Re: Psilostylin]
    #3589220 - 01/06/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

like i said before, thank you, i know where youre coming from on this, but you have to understand, when youre planning something with a few people and theyre all headstrong and have made a decision already, and youre the only one who wants to get fresh cuttings, its not easy to convince everyone. oh and by the white part, i guess you mean core, but like i said, its spineless, coreless and skinless, leaving only the green tissue, for as they say, optimal burning. i DO plan on doing it fresh and preparing it myself in the future, but when you're dealing with lazy people, lazier than even I, the king of lazyness, its just not gonna happen. especially when theyre just that kind of people. dont take this as me ignoring your help, belive me its not like that, my friends however are, ive showed them the site, the posts and such, but they wont budge for anything. i on the other hand am really gracious for youre responses and my mindset on this is similar, if not the same as yours. i stil may order fresh for myself and let them do it their way, or at least order a small one to plant for another time. i agree it is much more fulfilling to prepare it yourself. but im really posting this for the other guys who as ive said are much more stubborn than i am. dont think im asking for help, then being stubborn and ignoring it. i just felt i needed to clear that up, ive seen many other people do that, and it pisses me off, i just dont want you or anyone to get the wrong idea here. your $0.02 is very much appreciated

Offlineguri
Master of theimprobablitydrive

Loc: PNWish.
    #3589435 - 01/06/05 03:33 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

hey tell me how it goes because i too am intrested in that "inscencse" and i would cook up a cutting if i could but current living conditions (in a dorm) do not permit me to.

--------------------
"If you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, then go home and burn all your records, all your tapes, and all your CDs because every one of those artists who have made brilliant music and enhanced your lives? The Beatles were so fucking high, they let Ringo sing a few songs." --Bill Hicks

Offlineempnero
DistortedPercetion

Re: dried san pedro question [Re: guri]
    #3589498 - 01/06/05 03:47 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

im in the same situation bro, i was transfered to a single for this semester cause last semester i was in an overcapacity housing situation ,they took 3 floors of a hotel, put the tranfers there, and my roomate and i were the only returning students. so that single room makes it a bit easier to slice and prep, but still a communal kitchen for the floor doesnt let me really do it there. i have a microwave, against school policy i might add, but that doesnt help me either, i have an advantage though, my friends have houses and apartments. not the ones who want to do this with me though. which is why im in the predicament that is causing me to need to do this this way.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds