Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Loc: Purple Haze
Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good.
    #3582969 - 01/05/05 04:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

After reading that there are slave traffickers stealing children from the tsunami areas, I've officially given up on people. We are without GOD or dignity.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/01/04/indonesia.children/index.html

--------------------

Correlation is not causation!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: Signo]
    #3582973 - 01/05/05 04:24 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
After reading that there are slave traffickers stealing children from the tsunami areas, I've officially given up on people. We are without GOD or dignity.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/01/04/indonesia.children/index.html

after everything humanity has done to each other, why now? humanity has done a lot worse to its own.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Edited by kaiowas (01/05/05 04:25 AM)

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: kaiowas]
    #3582976 - 01/05/05 04:26 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I'm thinking it might be the straw that broke the camel's back. ::sigh:: perhaps tomorrow I shall try again.

--------------------

InvisibleLoosifa
none
 User Gallery

Loc: England (South) Flag
    #3582982 - 01/05/05 04:31 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The only person one can truly believe in is one's self. If one can find others that they trust, one is really blessed.
Seems to me that good and evil is sometimes barely distinguishable.

--------------------
LURK

Invisiblewandrnshaman
old hand
Loc: Pinellas Co, FL
Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. *DELETED* [Re: Signo]
    #3582987 - 01/05/05 04:36 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by wandrnshaman

Reason for deletion: .

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #3582998 - 01/05/05 04:42 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
I'm thinking it might be the straw that broke the camel's back.  ::sigh:: perhaps tomorrow I shall try again.

hehe just pick up the pieces and if you feel strong enough about the world and what's happening, go out and make a change for the better :laugh:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: wandrnshaman]
    #3583271 - 01/05/05 08:01 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

wandrnshaman said:
Given up?
How have you been trying to help people?
We gotta offset the bad ones! The world is not overrun by slave traders, just warmongers and greedy capitolists....

I agree. I almost quit practicing law 6 months into the profession because of how bad I was quickly realizing people (and attorneys) are. But then I decided to be one of the good guys, not just simply quit and turn it all over to the bad guys.

Don't give up on the world yet. Help where you can. Then move on and don't focus on it. We have to stay optimistic and positive so that we can do the things that we need to do here, closer to home.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleCJay
Dark Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Riding a bassline
Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: Frog]
    #3583587 - 01/05/05 10:17 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

we all have our characters to play in the story - as it read above the gate of Delphi 'know thyself'

Invisiblegettinjiggywithit
jiggy
Female User Gallery

Loc: Heart of Laughter
    #3583651 - 01/05/05 10:37 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

So, a handful are exploiting the situation for their gain and its gross. Have you considered HOW many thousands are setting down what they were doing so they can go help out over there in someway. thousands are donating time and money coming together in relief effort for no other reason then that they care to help others because they can.

Way more people have risen to the occasion to do good and come together for a common good then not regarding this. How can you say you give up when so many are giving of themselves to this cause? The relief, search and rescue, and charity organization effort around the world are of epic proportions.

Maybe the whole event has just overwhelmed you. Granted you are one person and the size of the disaster and devastation is mind boggleling. What may help you is doing something as simple as sending your prayers, love and strength to the areas devastated and to those actively helping. Even just that gesture will give you a sense of doing something to help and that should restore your sense of being a part of something worthwhile-humankind.

Take 5 quiet minutes to center yourself in the greatest love you can muster and generating lots of vital energy. Then, open yourself up as a channel for the other realms to work through you. Ask that through you, love, warmth, strength , be sent to all those in need.

There is so much help in the unseen world and they can't do anything unless asked to by someone here. Just spend 15 minutes a day. In time, make it an ongoing habit of just leaving your self an open channel for help to go where it's being asked for through you. Your one life counts more then you realize. Make it count.

Our ideas of the world we live in will be reflected back to us. There is so much happening on this planet, you can't take it all in, but you will see and find in it what you open yourself to see and find. There is so much good, love and beauty here.

Anyway, maybe some can't donate money to the cause but you can donate love, and energetic strength in massive supply.

Take a moment to consider that on another level, these events gives cause to people rearranging their priorities, pausing to feel appreciation for their own life, to helping others they passed by on another day, to coming together with strangers for something bigger then themselves and their own problems. More good is coming out of this then you have taken the time to consider.

My sister said something interesting. She asked how you restore an area back to poverty. This area needed global attention and its getting it now.

--------------------
Ahuwale ka nane huna.

OfflineSigno
manamana
 User Gallery

Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: gettinjiggywithit]
    #3584829 - 01/05/05 03:49 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for pulling me back out from the darkness friends, I guess I had a moment of despair.  I shall foster positive energy in my own life and hope that it will spread to the world.  :mushroomgrow:

--------------------

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #3584852 - 01/05/05 03:52 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Signo said:
Thanks for pulling me back out from the darkness friends, I guess I had a moment of despair.  I shall foster positive energy in my own life and hope that it will spread to the world.  :mushroomgrow:

Fuckin' A!  :grin:

InvisibleEgo Death
Justadropofwaterinanendlesssea
 User Gallery

Loc: The War Machine
    #3585723 - 01/05/05 07:06 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Opportunist theft is as age old as man himself.

I'm not justifying it but you are right, we live in a world which contains much percieved negativity.

--------------------

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #3586447 - 01/05/05 09:39 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The demonized humanoids who are responsible for these atrocities are a far cry from those of us who may be referred to as "humanity." Regardless of anyone's belief - whether we are 'souls' or collections of 'skandas,' there is very clearly the presence of evil at work - evil - not merely ignorance or selfishness, but infernal intelligence.

True sociopathic personalities, en masse, like the people who were transformed into Nazi party members, all seem to be animated by 'purpose.' These criminals are also motivated by purpose. Of course greed is present - even I know what greed feels like - but I would never kidnap children for sexual slavery for any price. It's more than that. Given the 'right' circumstances and large numbers of proto-humans can become host to demonic thinking. I'm not even talking about oppression/possession by 'evil spirits' (that is one, very old and primitive model). It is more like tuning in to some infernal 'carrier wave' of intellect - shared and understood by the hosts.

Don't condemn true humanity. I gave to Unicef today, how about you?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Officially lost faith in humanity, might be gone for good. [Re: Loosifa]
    #3586645 - 01/05/05 10:24 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Loosifa said:
The only person one can truly believe in is one's self.

Actually, people can distrust even themselves. A body is made up of parts, wheather its a single person's body, or a 'body' as an organization of people ect. When you debate something in your mind you almost have a sort of 'conversation' with yourself:

"Should I do it?"..."No, it's not good for me!"..."But I want to!"..."But I can't!"

This kind of dialouge exists within groups of people or individuals, so that you can lie to yourself (it happens all the time) and therefore, you can distrust yourself. On the same token, you can also earn your own trust. The word for that is 'self-confidence'. Apply the same principle on a larger scale: if we loose faith in humanity (our collective self), then we must work to earn our trust back. Let's do it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Premium Bali Kratom Powder