Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: Where do you stand? [Re: soulmotion]
    #3593905 - 01/07/05 02:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

my own spirituality is a homegrown blend but draws heavily on various eastern relgions.

I follow the principles of tao as much as possible, and that taught me that good and evil are both part of the same divine plan, and essentially contain one another within themselves. like buddhists i believe this sensory reality is maya, an illusion. Like shamans, i believe in various levels or layers or dimensions of perception that can be enterd explored and learned from through various techniques. I practice meditation and lucid dreaming as spiritual exercises. I believe in awareness as a key part of spiritual life, and strive for unconditional love and compassion for all people and things.

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline13eetleJuice
the ghost with the most
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 6' under pushin up shroom...
    #3595019 - 01/07/05 06:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

You tell me. I've never really looked into all the different classifications of belief systems or non-belief systems so I don't know how I'm to be labeled. I don't believe a god or gods exist. At the same time I don't believe that a god or gods don't exist. I just don't believe one way or the other. There is no proof to support or deny either instance and never will be. My take on this situation is that it would be futile to even try to come to a reasonable or satisfactory conclusion as to whether or not there are higher powers, omnipotent beings, or otherwise spiritual presences among us here in this universe or elsewhere.

So what category do I fall under? Am I atheist? From my understanding they believe that there is definately no supreme being. Am I correct in this definition of atheism? So where does that leave me, one who is unsure and quite uninclined to even care what is or isn't out there due to the lack of evidence supporting any of the scientific or theological hypotheses surrounding spirituality?

--------------------

Offlinesoulmotion
Professor
 User Gallery

Loc: Jumanji
Re: Where do you stand? [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #3595904 - 01/07/05 09:28 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ag?nos?tic

1. One who believes that it is impossible to know whether there is a God.
2. One who is skeptical about the existence of God but does not profess true atheism.
3. One who is doubtful or noncommittal about something.

It seems to me, from your post, you would fall into this category (agnosticism) 13eetleJuice, but I don't want to tell you what you are. Most people voted 'other' because they felt that they had their own belief system that didn't fit any of those categories. I suppose wheather you believe in God or not, or even if you're not sure, you have to question things in order to figure out where you stand.

OfflineZekebomb
sociophagus

Loc: BC province
    #3596847 - 01/08/05 01:15 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I only voted Other because I wanted to see the results, in fact I find the whole idea of this poll pretty meaningless

OfflineMushmonkey
shiftlesslayabout
 User Gallery

Re: Where do you stand? [Re: Shroomism]
    #3597089 - 01/08/05 02:22 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

You could maybe recognize aspects of paganism, shamanism, buddhism.. taoism.. rainbowism

ramboism?

oh.. uh, rainbowism. nevermind.

--------------------
i finally got around to making a sig
revel in its glory and quake in fear at its might
grar.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom