Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
The Blink of and eye
    #3583768 - 01/05/05 01:06 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

One sekond in this physical reality, could be experienced as 5 days in another physical reality..

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: The Blink of and eye [Re: Gomp]
    #3584226 - 01/05/05 03:37 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

for sure dude, for sure.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinedeff
lovelightbliss
 User Gallery

Loc: all this Flag
Re: The Blink of and eye [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3584307 - 01/05/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

a bit off-topic

but it may not be experienced as days or as categorized fragments of 'time' by the observer

why, as humans, is it necessary to break our experience apart in the ways that we do (time, days, weeks, months, years, ect..) when really our personal existence is one continuous flow (although not necessarily a linear flow :wink:).

do you think a human could withstand living an entire lifetime without sleep (besides the obvious mental and physical effects, such as delerium). it would be, in our experience, like one extremely long "day", and many would probably feel trapped within eternity so to speak :smile:

and furthermore, observation of time is obviously relative to other observations, such as planetary orbits, rotations, frquency periods ect., but how do we even know these are constant? there are no absolute measurements for time obviously, and so our mental experience is stretched perceptually by our mental actions (thoughts, initiating actions, ect.)

could one reach a state of no longer experiencing temporal time? as in, the processes cease to function in a perceptually linear, one-after-another fashion, wherein the observatory awareness sees the dimension of time much like one of space?

just some random stuff :smile:

--------------------

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: The Blink of and eye [Re: deff]
    #3589152 - 01/06/05 03:55 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

time is but a measure of infinity... is it not, time is percieved in your own perception and nothing more.

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinesecretmachine
lover of mystery

Re: The Blink of and eye [Re: incubaby_421]
    #3589915 - 01/06/05 07:24 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I think it stems from the cultural need to control and measure and predict. Also i think a root of it may be another cultural need to base our realities on something that is (supposedly) objectively true for all people at all times. Lol.. ive been thinking alot lately about the culture i live in. Another root is the non belief in anything but what is controllable and unquestionable, a thing in which people of authority (most of the time) uniformally subscribe to, and is supposed to be Right and True. I need an outlet for these deep thoughts, somewhere...even if it is a bit off topic :p

--------------------
---
A civilization based on authority-and-submission is a civilization without the means of self-correction. Effective communication flows only one way: from master-group to servile-group. Any cyberneticist knows that such a one-way communication channel lacks feedback and cannot behave "intelligently."

the principle of authority" was the "eminently theological, metaphysical and political idea that the masses, always incapable of governing themselves, must submit at all times to the benevolent yoke of a wisdom and a justice, which in one way or another, is imposed from above."
"no one should be entrusted with power, inasmuch as anyone invested with authority must . . . became an oppressor and exploiter of society."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology