Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
How do you handle clumping?
    #3582632 - 01/05/05 03:31 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Ok, so we all strive for that nice even pin set, shrooms nice and evenly spaced over the entire casing layer, all maturing at the same time. Well from time to time of course this does not happen and clumping occurs. In other words for one reason or another you have some shrooms in a big rush to be picked, and a number of slow growers are very close to it, almost as if they are sprouting out of the fast growing ones stem. You have a few options here. You can leave it alone and let the mature one drop it's spores and turn black while waiting on the rest of the flush to mature. You can try the old twist it out method on the mature one, which often times in the process damages the growing network for the ones around it. Of course you can always cut the mature ones out as low to the bottom of the stem as possible, but this can also cause problems later on in the flush or even worse contamination. Then there is of course the other way that you could do it that will cause the lest amount of damage to all the shrooms that I must have overlooked. So what do most people do?

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMadHatR
journeyman
Re: How do you handle clumping? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3582784 - 01/05/05 04:35 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

Oh yea, almost forgot, you could also pick the entire pile, the matured one and the un-matured right around it at the same time. The un-matured ones would not have as much weight or be as potent as they would be if they grew to maturity, but it is still slightly better than if you harm the network to much by picking early and causing aborts.

--------------------
Following the rules is for dealers, knowing why the rules work is for innovators.

"Knowing is half the battle." - G.I. Joe

Never Judge a man until you walk a mile in his shoe, because then you are a mile away and you have his shoes.

OfflineZeroArmy27
I didn't go to work for a month.
 Arcade Champion: Asteroids 2000

Loc: Middle of nowhere
Re: How do you handle clumping? [Re: MadHatR]
    #3583170 - 01/05/05 09:03 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i usually just wait until they've all matured unless it's started sporulating. if that happens, i cut the caps of the mature ones and leave the stem for a day or two until the rest mature. i haven't had contam problems with this method yet.

--------------------
"a monkey would fuck you up if you tried to put it in a autoclave" - Psychoslut

"it's not like the admins and mods are a tight-knit group of hippies that spend their life together in a log cabin tie-dying shirts and stringing beads inbetween bonghits." - Wiccan_Seeker

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation