Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
The U.N. gun confiscation agenda
    #358183 - 07/21/01 06:10 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Here it is folks. The 4 main goals of the current UN gun conference as of July 17, 01.
"First, the document still moves in the direction of urging a legally binding instrument."

"Second, it would still prevent any transfer of weapons to non-state actors such as freedom fighters opposing a tyrannical or genocidal regime."

"Third, it would move in the direction of a prohibition of private gun ownership."

"Fourth, it would give gun control groups an institutionalized role within the U.N."

"Basically the U.N. is sticking it to us!"

For the complete story click on:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/7/17/160924.shtml

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: Ellis Dee]
    #358185 - 07/21/01 06:15 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

PS

In reply to:

Quote:
"Second, it would still prevent any transfer of weapons to non-state actors such as freedom fighters opposing a tyrannical or genocidal regime."

Under the UN policy George Washington would have no weapons and we would all still be British subjects.

And God bless George Washington and all his and my guns.

--------------------

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#358187 - 07/21/01 07:07 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

what about particle beam plasma assualt cells? or liquid laser nuclear war heads? but seriously... what the fuck? why shouldn't freedom fighters opposing a GENOCIDAL regime be allowed weapons?

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #359925 - 07/24/01 08:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

They're sticking it to you by taking away your killing devices?

Fucking americans, you don't need guns.

Guns are for assholes.

Something like ten times as many kids are killed accidentally by privately owned guns than people are killed in self defense. You're never going to use the guns to overthrow your government.

I can't be the only one who thinks that it is a little creepy for a society to guarantee the right to own a weapon designed for the purpose of killing human beings.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineBooger
addict

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: holographic mind]
    #359926 - 07/24/01 08:57 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

It's fairly obvious that the U.N. wants to monopolize the "freedom fighter" market, and this means they don't want "the competition" to have any weapons.

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: Phluck]
    #359934 - 07/24/01 09:17 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I was raised with guns. The first time I fired a .22 rifle I'm sure I was no older than 6. I was instructed in safe and responsible firearms handeling from an early age. I grew up hunting with my grandfather (my mom and dad were divorced) and I learned that if I shot an animal it was my responsibility to clean it. We would shoot rabbits and squirils and and clean them, (we had a freezer for just our killed animals) put them in the freezer and eat them all winter long. I can't count the amount of venison I've eaten. Sometimes We would have it 2 or 3 meals a day. If it wasen't for being able to hunt and kill animals that are 'in season' we might have resorted to getting food from charities (we were not wealthy people). I have so many fond memories of things like that.

Now I'm in my 20's. I still hunt and fish. I enjoy it. I also shoot competetivly. I shoot trap, sporting clays, and bullseye pistol matches (sponsored by the NRA), and I'm a member of the NRA. I reload my own bullets in .45 ACP for bullseye shooting and practice. I pride myself on being able to shoot well and on being safe doing so.

Actually there are slightly more justified shootings than there are accidental ones. I find it offensive that people so commonly associate responsible gun owners with criminals. We are law abiding people that have a good hobby that builds character, like the way some people enjoy golf is how I think of it.

I believe in self defence if your life or your familys life is in danger. And I know for a fact that if I am ever in such a situation where I have to defend myself or my family that I will do so quickly and competently, with lethal force if necessary. I do not believe in violence and I'm not a violent person but if I had to make a choice of either me/ my family or a criminal the criminal would be the one dead. This is my right as a free American and I cherish it.

I despise hearing stories of deer that were killed and not refrigerated soon enough and had to be discarded. That is illresponsible and wasteful. I never even handle guns when I'm intoxicated and I view doing so as dangerous. I believe my gun handeling experience is typical of responsible gun owners across America.

The reason I seem so militant on this subject is because of who I am and how I was raised. 'Gun control' is an attack on my way of life and on my freedom to be able to adaquetly protect my own life and the lives of my family that I love. I hope that now people that didn't understand where I was coming from do, and more importantly realize that guns are an important part of American life. Guns are as American as apple pie.

And someday when I have children I will teach them as I was taught.

I origionaly posted this almost the exact same thing at poppies.org a couple days ago under the nick Maxwell when I got in an argument with a frenchmen about gun rights. So this isn't plagurized because I wrote it, in case anyone else saw it there.

Edited by Rail_Gun on 07/24/01 10:19 AM.

--------------------

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #359948 - 07/24/01 09:44 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Guns are as American as apple pie.

I think this is what this argument comes down to. Many Americans want to own guns, and if prohibited you would see a huge rise in the number of illegal, unregulated, possibly dangerous guns. Just as with the war on drugs, a war on guns would be just as damaging.

On the other hand, in the UK (Where I live), people do not generally desire guns. In this situation, gun prohibition works.

Take care

Phil

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: Phluck]
    #359963 - 07/24/01 10:15 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****Fucking americans, you don't need guns...Guns are for assholes.****

that has to be the dumbest thing i've heard you say..er..type...your proving to be a bigger dork than i first thought

****Something like ten times as many kids are killed accidentally by privately owned guns than people are killed in self defense. ****

I'm sure you have statistics to back your rediculus claims?......

****You're never going to use the guns to overthrow your government.****

How do you think we became a country numb-nuts?

****I can't be the only one who thinks that it is a little creepy for a society to guarantee the right to own a weapon designed for the purpose of killing human beings.****

It's called the 2nd amendment of the US constitution...we enjoy it...you don't..too bad

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Loc: United States
    #359990 - 07/24/01 11:29 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

'Gun control' is an attack on my way of life and on my freedom to be able to adaquetly protect my own life and the lives of my family that I love.

Hey Rail Gun, I am all for hunting and protecting your family and I am a gun control advocate. Those are legitimate reasons to have guns, but those aren't the type of guns that are the target of gun control. No one needs a weapon that was solely designed for killing a lot of humans very quickly. The kind gangbangers like to use. They're not out defending people against a tyrranical government are they? You don't need an automatic assault weapon to hunt or defend your family do you?

Support the Free Spore Ring!
go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinejihead
addict
Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: zetek]
    #360020 - 07/24/01 12:08 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

"No one needs a weapon that was solely designed for killing a lot of humans very quickly. The kind gangbangers like to use. They're not out defending people against a tyrranical government are they? You don't need an automatic assault weapon to hunt or defend your family do you?"

you exactly right on this one. the only problem is, there are already about 5,000 or so laws preventing thes3e people getting these guns and they still do anyway. so what then, make it illegal for everyone to own guns so the gangbangers can be armed to the teeth illegally and the standard joe=suburbanite can defend himself with a head of lettuce? the perfect analogy is that of drug prohibition, it only makes criminals out of people who would partake in the action regardless of legal status.

--------------------
kill white noise

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#360037 - 07/24/01 12:30 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****but those aren't the type of guns that are the target of gun control*****

On the contrary, hand guns are being targeted as well. Through feel-good gun programs like trigger locks and smart guns for parents and adults that are too stupid to keep their guns where their kids can't get to it. Personally i don't see a need to have a auto fire AK-47 (which is illegal from what i remember). I could be wrong but don't you have to have a special permit to get an autofire assalt gun? If so that tells me it's legal to have.

****No one needs a weapon that was solely designed for killing a lot of humans very quickly. The kind gangbangers like to use. ****

The kind of weapons that the gang-bangers are illegal and usually sold and bought on the black market. Can you tell me how gun control advocates will stop the gangbangers from getting these weapons? Remember the old supply and demand scenerio.

Relax, Relax, Relax.....it's just a little pin prick * there'll be no more AARRGGHHH!!!! but you may feel a little sick.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: jihead]
    #360039 - 07/24/01 12:32 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

you took the wind out of my sails... :)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: jihead]
    #360111 - 07/24/01 03:14 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

what then, make it illegal for everyone to own guns so the gangbangers can be armed to the teeth illegally and the standard joe=suburbanite can defend himself with a head of lettuce?

It's not illegal for law-abiding Joe Suburbanite to have a handgun to defend himself with, nor should it be. But I don't think Joe Suburbanite needs an "assault weapon" to make the playing field level between him and the gangbangers. There are some on the gun rights side that believe they have every right to possess "assault weapons," even if they are only going to hang them on their wall, shoot at junk cars, etc. Obviously the reason for controlling these weapons is to keep them out of the hands of people who would kill others with them. I see a bit of a difference between the prohibition of guns vs. drugs, because generally it is an individual's choice whether they ingest a drug. Most gangbangers don't ask if they may shoot you.

http://go.to/FreeSporeRing

Edited by zetek on 07/24/01 09:54 PM.

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

Re: The U.N. gun confiscation agenda [Re: Innvertigo]
    #360113 - 07/24/01 03:24 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

In reply to:

Can you tell me how gun control advocates will stop the gangbangers from getting these weapons?

No I can't. But if it keeps RedNeck Ed from owning one and therefore the classmates of Ed's kid have a better chance of getting away before they're all shot up, then I gotta think that helps a little. And I completely agree with you, these parents need to be more responsible and keep their guns out of reach of their kids.

go.to/FreeSporeRing

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

#360282 - 07/24/01 08:22 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

I gave this a little bit more thought Innvertigo. Why do gangs exist anyway? I think it is because they are defending drug territory. Just like Al Capone did when alcohol was prohibited. Legalize drugs and gangs won't have a reason to exist. That reduces/eliminates the violent gun crimes committed by gangbangers.

go.to/FreeSporeRing

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#360633 - 07/25/01 10:10 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****But if it keeps RedNeck Ed from owning one and therefore the classmates of Ed's kid have a better chance of getting away before they're all shot up, then I gotta think that helps a little****

That makes no sense. Are you saying that it's dangerous if a "REDNECK" or someone of a lesser social status has a gun? That's a TAD elitist. What makes a redneck any more likley to be irresponsible than a family headed by a CEO...or a hippy for that matter.

the truth shines through.....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#360643 - 07/25/01 10:30 AM (22 years, 8 months ago)

****Why do gangs exist anyway? I think it is because they are defending drug territory****

In a lot of places yeah but there are gang members who are control freaks that cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble....personally i believe them to be cowards. They can't do anything for themselves but need a lot of other thugs to "bach them up".

****That reduces/eliminates the violent gun crimes committed by gangbangers****

What about those not in a gang that rape, kill and steal? If you eliminate guns we will be at the mercy of the black market.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Offlinezetek
enthusiast

#360713 - 07/25/01 01:10 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Ah, did that stereotype hit a little too close to home?

go.to/FreeSporeRing

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#360716 - 07/25/01 01:15 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Actually no........i'm not a redneck but i don't look at people like you liberals do. Your classifications are proof that you have no idea what the hell you're talking about. But don't feel bad.....most liberals don't.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhyl
old hand
Loc: United Kingdom
    #360767 - 07/25/01 02:53 PM (22 years, 8 months ago)

Are you saying that it's dangerous if a "REDNECK" or someone of a lesser social status has a gun?
What drives a person to shoot someone else? Obviously they have some kind of deep psychological instability. Now think about who is likely to have more stability, someone who has had a stable upbringing such as a child of a CEO, or someone of 'lesser social status'?

I mean think about it... A nepalese prince or someone of similar standing for example isn't likely to shoot his family... Dammit... Another theory out the window :)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom