Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Do any animals eat mushrooms?
    #3579191 - 01/04/05 11:43 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

?

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: sunshine]
    #3579202 - 01/04/05 11:48 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

ya man. slugs and ants have been eating them long before us :grin: we just gotta share the magic i guess.

--------------------

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #3579218 - 01/04/05 11:53 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I know I've posted that before, but it's the funniest critter pic I have.

On a more serious note, I always see shrooms that have been chomped on. I see what appears to be bird chompings quite a bit. A while back someone posted about squirrels eating shrooms. I'm sure cows eat them occasionally whether intentional I don't know.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #3579227 - 01/04/05 11:55 AM (19 years, 2 months ago)

There are about thirty threads here i on this subject int he search engines.

It is not cool to feed any animal a psychedelic drug.

however, Deer, and squirrels love Amanita muscaria.

Slugs, rats cockroaches ants and other insects will love to munch onthe mushrooms. Cattle and other four-legged ruminants also tend to eat pastureland specimens of Psilocybe and Copelandia mushroom when grazing. That is one method of spore dispersal. Theire is onthebook market a book called Animals and Psychedelics.

you should check it out.

Also posted in a few of the animal eating shrooms and other drug posts here I have posted two stories of bad consequenci es of people who fed drugs to animals. One was the Portland, Oregon Zoo story about a kid who fed LSD tot he lions. His friend fell in and was eaten alive and mauled to death. He returned and killed all fo the zoos lions. He eventually went to Damisch, the loal nutbin which was featured in Ken Keaseys One flew over the coosoos nest fim. The other was a kid here in Seatlle int eh late 1970s who fed acid to his Black Israeli Afghan Hound. The dog would not stop barking at the table legs and he beat the dog and then therew him out of a tall bi uilding into the street.

many people talk abouit how their dogs and cats get into their shrooms. Those domesticated animals will not purposely go eat out of someones stash of shrooms unless that person gives the shrooms to the animals.

So many times have i heard the dog and cat stories, oh my cat comes running to me when ver I have marijuana. He loves it.

WEll they do not.

They only come because you call them and that is part of their nature. HEre kittty litty. Doesn't matter what is in your hand. They come when you call or swish your fingers at them.

have a shroomy say and check those stories in the search engines.

The majority of posters in replies to such threads are against anyone getting a pet high.

have a shroomy day, mj

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: mjshroomer]
    #3579248 - 01/04/05 12:00 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, getting animals high is shitty. God gave us animals and expects us to respect them. If we don't, we will pay IMO.

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3579699 - 01/04/05 01:59 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I saw some movie/documentary on the life of this bear cub, and he comes up to a patch of mushrooms and started eating away. He ate this whole patch. Then then the movie went into to this trippy pink floyd esque music and had all these colors melting on the screen trying to represent the bears 'trip'. I can't remember what it was called but it was for sure damn funny.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: Civ]
    #3579729 - 01/04/05 02:11 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

The movie was called the Bear. IT was a French made film and the bear ate some Amanita muscaria mushrooms.

Yeah he trioped. The dream sequence though was more remiscent of an LSD trip and was very short.

Bears do eat the Amanitas., buit the deer can smell them from a quarter mile away. mj

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
    #3579906 - 01/04/05 02:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Reminds me of this summer there were reports of some bear getting into someone's beer in a camp somewhere and drinking like a case of beer and passing out. I thought that was funny. I think I saw it on CNN so it was probably a lie. J/K.

OfflineSunshinePounder
The Girl withthe Sun in HerEyes

Loc: Peace Man!
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: Supernova]
    #3580091 - 01/04/05 03:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I see half eaten mushrooms all the time

--------------------
My [url=www.http://tinyurl.com/6valr target=_blank]Unitarian Jihad Name[/url] is: Sister Claymore of The Short Path
Get yours

If I was the sun, I'd look for the shade~Liberty

Baby I love you, and you love me. Let's love each other to eternity~

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #3580195 - 01/04/05 03:43 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

If you've hunted mushrooms in the woods you'd know that you find them partially eaten all the time.

There are even kinds of mushrooms (truffles) that have to be eaten for the spores to be able to germinate. The spore walls are so thick that they have to be etched by digestive acids before germination is possible.

In studies by Dr Jack States he has shown that the diet of squirrels in Arizona during part of the year consists of about 90% mushrooms. I have also seen squirrel middens heavily stocked with Russulas the squirrels were drying out.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinepae
holo'nom.e

Loc: Colorado
    #3580463 - 01/04/05 04:51 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

apparently cows do go nuts for Amanita Muscaria
i've spent some time before gathering Amanita Muscaria with a large herd nearby,
and to put short: i was intently watched, until stolen from, shortly after i had carefully
laid out my first batch to dry, and went to find more.

OfflineGainer
Syzurp
 User Gallery

Loc: Ðirty §outh
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: pae]
    #3580766 - 01/04/05 05:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

i read a lot of reports of cats eating datura. one tripped me out the girl said her cat kept running into the wall after ingesting angels trumpet i believe could have been lying though?

--------------------
"I mean, it's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
-Captain Murphy

"Quit being a bitch and pill me up"
-Dr. Quinn

"Smoke that bitch"
"I am not Stormy, I am He who smokes Bitches!"
-Stormy

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: Gainer]
    #3580811 - 01/04/05 06:02 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

this is sort of funny, i wrapped up lil chunks of azures in bread and fed 2 ducks in my pond before. They just chilled in the grass for a few hours and were fine.

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: tahoe]
    #3580922 - 01/04/05 06:18 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Animals don't always know not to eat stuff that is bad for them. A couple weeks ago my girlfriend's youngest miniature Schnauzer got into a box of some PMS meds and ate some of them. She was crying all night and throwing up. I thought she was going to die. She survived.

Then there is the older pup, Sam. She is deadly scared of fireworks, so on New Years Eve after several nights of her shaking and about to have a heart attack and so I wanted to give her a couple mg's of valium to keep her calm. I cut one of my 5mg tabs in half and tried to give it to her but she wouldn't have anything to do with it. I had to wrap it up in turkey to get her to eat it. BTW, my vet said this was OK last time I saw him. :-)

OfflineSoftRat
Stranger
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: ToxicMan]
    #3580958 - 01/04/05 06:25 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Also important. Just because a mushroom is eaten by a wild animal does not mean it is eddible to man. I have heard claim that squirils can eat some of the toxic mushrooms with no harm to them.

--------------------
Everything I say in these posts is a made up fiction.

InvisibleSupernova
Stranger
Male
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: SoftRat]
    #3580975 - 01/04/05 06:30 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

This is kinda off topic but I just thought of this. With all the poisonous berries and shrooms and plants I used to think that man back in the beginning of time must have had a hard time not knowing what was poisonous and what wasn't. My dad, the wise man that he is, pointed out that back in man's early days he had more animal like instinct and could detect foods that weren't good for eating. Over time we have lost that ability because we no longer have a need for it.

OfflineLilShank
TECH N9NE

#3581238 - 01/04/05 07:26 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

My cat fucking loves pot, i dont have to do shit and ittl come runnign to eat and eat it all, we had a plant dried out sitting on th efloor and the cat grabbed it ran away and started eatin the buds, we locked it in the closet and it found its way out

--------------------
Thats why ur momma got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
Thats why ur sister got a big ol' butt
(oh yeah)
since ur momma and ur sister got a big ol butt
they helped the NiNa bust a big ol' nut

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: Supernova]
    #3581339 - 01/04/05 07:54 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

back in man's early days he had more animal like instinct and could detect foods that weren't good for eating. Over time we have lost that ability because we no longer have a need for it.

Ah, the "good old days", when men were men, and mushrooms were mushrooms, or some such similar rot.

People and animals have always been being poisoned by mushrooms and plants. Talk to any rancher. Livestock deaths due to poisonous plants are not very unusual.

Sometimes somebody is sharp enough to figure out what it was that caused the poisoning and let other people know so more people don't get poisoned. Also, this sort of knowledge can also be used to get the poisons for direct use.

In North America, a good deal of the finding out what can be eaten or not was done by a Capt Charles McIlvane about a century ago, a man who must have had a digestive system made of something far more durable than a human's. He tried over 1000 species of mushrooms to determine if they were worth eating or poisonous. He was poisoned several times in the process. Many of the mushrooms he said were good to eat actually cause poisoning symptoms in most people. The book he wrote is available, but I wouldn't use it to decide what mushrooms are OK to eat.

Poisonous mushrooms are still being discovered. The deadly Cortinarius species were only discovered to be poisonous in the 1950s. Over the last 20 or so years it is becoming clear that Amanita smithiana has a unique toxin that destroys the kidneys.

The biggest problem we have in trying to identify species of poisonous mushrooms is that the people trying them usually don't make proper voucher collections, so we know that the mushrooms they ate are poisonous (or edible or whatever), but we don't have any good way to be sure of exactly what mushroom was eaten.

SoftRat makes a good point. Many animals have very different digestive systems than ours, and some of these toxins have no effect at all on them. Our own digestive system inactivates lots of potential toxins. There have actually been cases of people taking psychedelic mushrooms, extracting the juice from them, and shooting it up. They very nearly died. There are toxins in them that the human digestive system renders harmless.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #3581351 - 01/04/05 07:56 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The movie was called the Bear. IT was a French made film and the bear ate some Amanita muscaria mushrooms.

Yeah he trioped. The dream sequence though was more remiscent of an LSD trip and was very short.

Bears do eat the Amanitas., buit the deer can smell them from a quarter mile away. mj

Yeah I thought they was amantias, he tripped pretty hard it was funny. I was hoping that movie was real and not a dream :P

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleDragonaut

Re: Do any animals eat mushrooms? [Re: Civ]
    #3581435 - 01/04/05 08:10 PM (19 years, 2 months ago)

I gave my two cats about a half a gram each, grinded up and mixed into some tuna, just a little while ago. They're already tripping. They seem confused, but mellow as long as I pay attention to them and keep petting them.

I just wanted to see if they would like it, as I have read about cats and dogs eating shrooms before. The one cat actually threw up all her tuna about a half hour after she ate it, but I can tell they're both tripping for sure, because they're motions and looks have visibly changed.

I'll tell you more how they react later on, after they peak.

--------------------
:dragon:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag