Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblenewusername222
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Help me find ETs (as in Aliens)
    #3580443 - 01/04/05 06:47 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Spank me.... I'm posting this in several forums cause I want to....make sure it is seen by as many folks as possible.

I've been signed up with SETI at Home for a couple of years now. You download a small program that runs in the background on your computer using just very small bits of PC power. You can set it to run only when you are not using your PC or you can keep it on all the time. It is run by Berkeley and is a great way for us to assist in the search for extraterrestrial life. I have set up a new group called "Shroomerites and Psychonauts". You can join by following this link:

http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_192951.html

And spread the word to others!

PEACE.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCosm
Questioning
Loc: somewhere
Re: Help me find ETs (as in Aliens) [Re: newusername222]
    #3585172 - 01/05/05 06:50 PM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I'm using [Email]Seti@home.[/Email] What i would like to do for [Email]seti@home[/Email] and [Email]folding@home[/Email] is to have two PCs dedicated to those two processes.Set up a free Internet network and everyone who signs up must install seti and folding to be able to use the free service.
I personally believe that were not going to find ET in this manor but maybe. There are people in this world who have seen ET's,have worked with ET's,and have been abducted by ET's.We need to develop other means,develop a community become more aware of the world in which we live.There already here working secretly with our governments and some may be working alone with there own motives.

Edited by Cosm (01/07/05 10:13 AM)

InvisibleMiddlemanM

Re: Help me find ETs (as in Aliens) [Re: newusername222]
    #3597242 - 01/08/05 05:18 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

SETI's cool but imo it would be better to help w/ Folding the genome.

if you want to find an alien, eat 5 dry grams in silent darkness.
if your lucky, you will meet an Extra Dimensional entity,
or you may realize the fact that you ARE the alien. lol.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: Help me find ETs (as in Aliens) [Re: Middleman]
    #3610155 - 01/10/05 11:44 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Not to bring you down or anything, but seti@home is pretty much a waste of energy. Folding@home is much more beneficial to science, and we already have a healthy Shroomery team for it.

P.S. I tried the same thing you're doing with SETI about four years ago, hence the empty shell of a team called "Shroomery." I'd delete that if I could remember the password.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Help me find ETs (as in Aliens) [Re: MarioNett]
    #3610244 - 01/11/05 12:02 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Think about it like this.. intelligent beings with interstellar travel capabilities sending primitive radio waves or similar frequencies is akin to natives sending SOS smoke signals to NASA... only backwards.

OfflineAlteredReality
ConstantlySearching

Re: Help me find ETs (as in Aliens) [Re: Shroomism]
    #3654805 - 01/20/05 07:39 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Think about it like this.. intelligent beings with interstellar travel capabilities  sending primitive radio waves or similar frequencies is akin to natives sending SOS smoke signals to NASA... only backwards. 

SETI isn't about necessarily finding aliens with interstellar travel.  They listen for radio waves from deep space, hoping that there is another planet sending out radio signals like we do.  They just want to watch alien sit-coms.  :kodama:

--------------------
" If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

"I am not an advocate for frequent changes in laws and constitutions. But, laws and institutions must go hand in hand with the progress of the human mind. As that becomes more developed, more enlightened, as new discoveries are made, new truths discovered and manners and opinions change, with the change of circumstances, institutions must advance to keep pace with the times. We might as well require a man to wear still the coat which fitted him when a boy as civilized society to remain ever under the regimen of their barberous ancestors." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology