Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper, Valerian Root

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesre2f
Stranger
So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip.....
    #3579905 - 01/04/05 04:54 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, we just got a couple of cute kittens and have a but load of catnip laying around. They seem to enjoy it, so I was like what the hell, it wont hurt anything. I did not have a pipe or anything so I made one out of my asthma inhaler.
I then loaded some up, and toked it up.....
I did one bowl. Did 4 hits holding for about 25 sec.

It suprisingly did not taste bad at all, much better then marijuana or cigarettes....

I could feel something weird, strong enough that it was not a placebo effect......

I had coordination like I had taken 2 shots of vodka....just a little bit off

and I had the memory as if I had smoked weed

I dont think Ill do it again, but decided to be a guinea pig for the curious...

--------------------
....and that was when I knew it would be a bad trip, the bed was tieing me to the bed and my shirt started to eat me..............and just like that it was over, as if nothing had happened.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: sre2f]
    #3580051 - 01/04/05 05:18 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

some ecstacy herbal cigarettes are made from catnip - what i've heard is that catnip's main effect is a headache...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: Toricious]
    #3580120 - 01/04/05 05:30 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Its mildly relaxing and mildly sedative. I made a tea out of it, and the only thing i felt was a little tiny bit ouf of it, and had a headache for like 5 hours. I decided not to do that again, but i might try smoking it again. bit if im going to risk smoking something where im living, it better be something good.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: EternalMetal]
    #3580136 - 01/04/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Then don't risk it...it's entirely not worth it. As far as I know, catnip is 99% inactive in humans. So just about anything you feel would be placebo. Unless of couse you smoked a couple ounces at once. Then you might feel something. Probably a headache.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineEternalMetal
Member of theBlack LabelSociety
Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: dblaney]
    #3580192 - 01/04/05 05:43 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Catnip comes from a family of minty flavored and smelling plants. When created into a tea they give off a minty flavor. Catnip however has the effects to relax and highten your attention by sharpening your vision slightly as well as making your mind at ease. The effects last apprx. 30 mins in the form of smoke when inhaled and an hour when created into a tea.

According to a few found websites when searching google: what is catnip, I found that Catnip plant leaves and stems are "toxic." Meaning that the chemical Nepetalactone (see picture) creates an effect in the brain because it is a Terpene. Terpene's are chemical's that are derived from plants which are associated with fragrances. Aldehydes and Alcohol's are comprised of Terpene's, which of these two Nepetalactone falls under, I am uncertain.

The chemical Nepetalactone however has a similar chemical structure to Valerian root, which may help explain why it has such a relaxing effect.

Ingestion of large quantities of catnip leaves / stems can cause vomiting, nausea, or diarrhea. Thus the plant has been known to be used as an emetic. Also known to help cure dysmenorrhea (cramps), amenorrhea (absence of menstruation) as well as help cure sleep deprevation. The plant is used primarilly as an upper when inhaled/sniffed and when ingested becomes a downer.

(took this from a post made on the Dextroverse by cindowsxp. http://www.dextroverse.org/forums/index....0cb814813334a10
You cannot view this link unless you are a member)

So it is not a dangerous substance. Catnip was used back in the times of the Roman Empire to help in the treatment of nervousness, colds, and gastrointestinal complaints. It was also used as a spice during cooking. When settlers came to the America's they brought Catnip with them to aid in medicinal and food uses.

Reports state that during Egyptian times Catnip was used to please the gods by giving Catnip to cat's, which is/was a symbol of their communities.

Prior to green tea, chinese tea, and other herbal teas becoming widely availible around the world, Catnip was used more widely than today.

--------------------
DXM and Weed = Happy

OfflineHuckleBones
Danger Bones

Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: EternalMetal]
    #4551421 - 08/18/05 01:50 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

I grew a heaping crop of catnip and after my first harvest, I have a freezer bag full of buds.

I think my kitty gets stoned when he walks into my bedroom.

--------------------
Manitou

InvisibleInnominate
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: HuckleBones]
    #4553067 - 08/18/05 09:31 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

lmao.. you smoked catnip? I think what you felt was really just the lack of oxygen going to your brain after holding your breath so long.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: Innominate]
    #4554832 - 08/19/05 11:26 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

A friend from Croatia told me that they eat catnip over there. He said they eat it just as one would eat spinach.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlinestvip
Strange stranger
Loc: Israel
Re: So I got bored on my lunch break and smoked some catnip..... [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #4555081 - 08/19/05 12:57 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Two samples (there's more) of studies conducted:

Lloydia. 1978 Jul-Aug;41(4):367-74
"Behavioral and toxicological studies of cyclopentanoid monoterpenes from Nepeta cataria."

J Pharm Pharmacol. 1998 Jul;50(7):813-7
"Nepetalactone: a new opioid analgesic from Nepeta caesarea Boiss."

Purr?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper, Valerian Root

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden