Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSweetJimmyBrown
Infidel Zombie
Male

Loc: 'starting north, slowly h...
pressure cooker ain't a rockin'
    #3579506 - 01/04/05 03:01 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I bought a 22 quart mirro off of ebay, and the damn thing was leaking steam in more than one spot. I figured as long as it can overcome those leaks with higher heat, fine. However, the rocker that sits on top doesn't rock. ever. My partner read somewhere that if it releases steam about every minute or so it is at desired pressure, and though it seemed to expand the seal and stop leaking steam, it never did rock.

Isn't that what it's supposed to do?

also, I noticed some teks recommend 2/3 cup verm instead of 1/2 cup, is this due to fineness of grain or just personal preference?

My last grow was so unsuccessful, I got only 2 shrooms from it. I just dumped 12 jars of inoculated substrate because my partner apparently mixed the wrong combo of ingredients...strange how he wondered why I kept thinking it should be something else.....

obviously, I am in bad shape, and really do not need another obstacle!!

thanks for any advice

--------------------
Ille dolet vere, qui sine teste dolet.
I'm as calm as a fruit stand in New york and maybe as strange.
Simple Grain Recipe

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: pressure cooker ain't a rockin' [Re: SweetJimmyBrown]
    #3579542 - 01/04/05 03:07 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

PF recipes all depend on the ingredients and personal preference. Can't help you more on whats what since I dont work with PF Tek

As far as the PC...is it a rocker type? I have a release that some may think is a rocker but its a guage type and the rockers just a release. I also had 2 off ebay that leaked steam at first but after heating up the first few times they worked fine. Once I messed up falling asleep and letting it run dry (to the point where the tyvek actually COMPLETLY melted away from all the jars and in the ring so the jars couldnt be opened) and that one doesnt work so good no more.

But yeah...vegitable oil may help..theres some other things you can put around it..some can eat away the seal though (I've heard vegi oil can but after many years). Otherwise seals are usually pretty cheap from places that sell PCs or online.

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Pressure Cooker, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation