Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineKatrina
Stranger

Hey Guys!!! (pics) Could really use some advise on this casing
    #3578753 - 01/04/05 10:56 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Incubated this for about 3-4 days and now its been in the fruiter for about 4 days. When I put it in I had patched everything and you couldn't see white. Checked it the day after and it had exploded and more popped up the next day. Now it looks like this and has been this way for a couple of days. I've never had a casing do this before, though I've never had really decent pinset either from a casing yet, so I am not sure if this is good, or bad, or should I do something else to it??? Worried about overlay I've read people talk about. Advise would be appreciated immensely. Thanks in advance.

--------------------
Anyone who says size doesn't matter has been seeing too many small shrooms!

Edited by Katrina (01/04/05 11:04 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Hey Guys!!! (pics) Could really use some advise on this casing [Re: Katrina]
    #3578784 - 01/04/05 11:06 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

Did you forget the pic ? OOOPPPPS did not see the pic at first , I am still waking up  :wink:
Kinda hard to see darling .................. :wink:

My guess is ... you have a real fast colonizer that is not fully aware that it is in fruiting stages yet . Keep up the fresh air , light etc ... Keeping adding a little case to any areas that grow thru too fast and thick . If you can drop temp a few degrees for a day or so this may slow vegitive state down and incourage fruiting .
Some will say cold shock , but IMHO with casings this can be a mistake .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (01/04/05 11:07 AM)

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Hey Guys!!! (pics) Could really use some advise on this casing [Re: Katrina]
    #3578800 - 01/04/05 11:12 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

You are teetering on the verge of overlay , add a "thin" layer of casing material and keep in the fruiting chamber , air , light , etc . It will be fine , may be one of the best pinsets you have gotten so far .
Like I said before , fast colonizers sometimes need to be exposed to pin initaiation a tad sooner than others . Malabars are like that , as soon as you see the slightest signs of myc popping thru surface you initiate pinning sequence .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinetoasty1
goofball
Male User Gallery
Loc: In my head
Re: Hey Guys!!! (pics) Could really use some advise on this casing [Re: tripndicular]
    #3578806 - 01/04/05 11:15 AM (11 years, 11 months ago)

I agree. the temp drop will send them where they need to be. I usually put mine in a small fridge for a day before I put in fruiting chamber.

--------------------
If it bleeds for a week...dont trust it

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation